Replies

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,727 Member
    Options
    25/10/2021
    Exercise – yes, bike ride, cardio and walking
    Tracked – yes
    Calories – yes

Great post @Jana_2020, “I will speak to myself like someone I love” is applicable to so many areas not just dieting.
  • Lilinchen92
    Lilinchen92 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Done.
    Tracked: Yes.
    Within calorie budget: Yes.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    Checking in a little early and will update later if anything deviates from the plan, but I am quite sure all will stay on track.

October 25
    ✅✅✅
    4 pass days used (1st, 2nd, 7th, 24th)
    Today's exercise was a strength routine (Upper Body A: Dumbbell bench press, banded lat pull-down, banded tricep extension, dumbbell wrist curl)

I was asked about the kitten that I posted yesterday, so details in spoiler (warning: contains cute and fluffy kitten pics)
    This is the newest member of the family. Her name is Marley.

Marley.jpg

As far as we know she is the only one of her litter who was rescued, but we are hopeful for the others. The litter was first spotted by my sister-in-law last Monday night on the side of a road next to a field while she had her large dog, so she could not grab the litter right away. She called my wife to come help find the litter. When they got back out there they could only find this one. The vet estimated she was only 4-6 weeks old at the time of rescue based on her teeth, and she was clearly not yet weaned, having to be fed by syringe the first time but quickly adapting, and is now eating semi-solid kitten food. She was quite healthy, clean and plump though, so we suspect this litter was dumped. There have been 4 trips made back to the site with no other kittens being found.

She is now eating kitten food and has staked a firm claim on the entire interior of the house. She purrs almost non-stop, rather loudly, and loves to cuddle. She has also worked very hard on her pouncing and is getting pretty good at it, although she still pounces at nothing quite a bit just because she was certain something must have been there. Her senses are getting a bit more tuned in with time though.

Omg I am soooooo in love with her she is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I can't get over how cute she is!!!
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Oct 25
    5th pass day (I think)
    Exercise - 15 minute MommaStrong, 30 minute walk
    Tracking - Planned the day, adjusted the plan - and started out continuing to track as I ate extra but gave up tracking when it was clear I was over calories - and continued to eat
    Calories - Over, but not by a huge amount

This was actually the first time I've gone over on a "normal" day while mostly tracking. Every other time has been some kind of a "celebration."

@Jana_2020 I liked your post. My trouble with my actual 5 year old and also with myself yesterday is knowing when to be kind and firm, and when to give in. My 5 year old has a tendency to collapse and say he is "SOooooo tired" when asked to do any kind of chore. And probably sometimes he really is tired and sometimes he really isn't? Sometimes the chore is really hard for him and sometimes he just doesn't want to?

For me, my cravings for food were really strong and my resistance to them was really low. Like I snatched up a cookie and ate it before I even thought about it. I couldn't tell if I should listen to my body's needs because I am still recovering from that GI bug and maybe need the extra calories, or if I was just using that as an excuse. Probably a little of both.

Hopefully today is easier.

• donna25trinity
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    Pass day #5
    Did a three mile run.

My friend had a super bad day and she’s super pregnant and said she wanted cake… so I made her vanilla cupcakes with lemon butter cream. While I did not eat a cupcake, I had to taste the butter cream while I was making it so it hit the right “lemon” balance and I’m honestly not sure how to account for that given it wasn’t measured - it was just a taste here or there as I went - so I might not actually be over at all but since I can’t tell it’s a pass day. A pass day for a good cause. 🤗

Love the honestly and so nice of u to bake for it friend. Xo
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options
    ~🎃~~10 / 25 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🧙🏼‍♀️ ~~ OCTOBER ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 210+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 28,860+.......... 180 walking ........ 30 min. house cleaning....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25

• slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Tracked - Yes
    Within calorie budget - Yes
    Exercise - Yes, a 5 mile run on a windy day--22 mph gusts! Kinda fun in the wind and very glad it wasn't raining. :blush:
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    October 25

Exercise - ✅ 35 minutes fast paced walking; 9,500+ steps
    Calories - ✅ under; protein 65g; fibre 23g
    Tracked - ✅ yes!

Your message hit home @Jana_2020 so thank you for that 💛 Compassion and loving-kindness are so much easier for me when extending them to others. Myself, not so much, and have been actively working on this because it is getting in the way of my happiness.

I listen to some of Pema Chödrön’s audiobooks on my long walks. Two recent favourite quotes:

“The most difficult times for many of us are the ones we give ourselves.”

“It is said that we can’t attain enlightenment, let alone feel contentment and joy, without seeing who we are and what we do, without seeing our patterns and habits.  This is called maitri—developing loving-kindness and an unconditional friendship with ourselves.

Two pass days used: October 10 & 15

Julie
    🥰
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    October 25

Exercise - ✅ 35 minutes fast paced walking; 9,500+ steps
    Calories - ✅ under; protein 65g; fibre 23g
    Tracked - ✅ yes!

Your message hit home @Jana_2020 so thank you for that 💛 Compassion and loving-kindness are so much easier for me when extending them to others. Myself, not so much, and have been actively working on this because it is getting in the way of my happiness.

I listen to some of Pema Chödrön’s audiobooks on my long walks. Two recent favourite quotes:

“The most difficult times for many of us are the ones we give ourselves.”

“It is said that we can’t attain enlightenment, let alone feel contentment and joy, without seeing who we are and what we do, without seeing our patterns and habits.  This is called maitri—developing loving-kindness and an unconditional friendship with ourselves.

Two pass days used: October 10 & 15

Julie
    🥰

Beautifully said