Wednesday Cup of Joe - 10/29/2021

Options
louisstone
louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
edited October 2021 in Social Groups
When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes the politically inevitable.

- Milton Friedman

Replies

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good morning.

That looks miserable, Skip.

Looks like the good guys won yesterday.

Up at a hair before 5 thanks to a thunder clap. It reminded me that all the patio stuff is out, so I pulled it inside. Got a giant snoot full of the citronella plant that had blown over for my trouble, and now I'm dealing with the after effects of a mild asthma episode.

Yesterday's commute home was a mess caused by antisemitic jagoffs with a banner on a highway overpass. They pulled the same stunt last week. I get free speech and whatnot (even hate speech directed at me in this case), but I should be legally allowed to kill people that hold up traffic.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/anti-semitic-banners-hung-on-central-austin-overpass-for-the-second-time/
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

That hate speech stuff just burns me, Lou. Free speech is free speech but hate is just wrong. Radicalism of any kind is dangerous. Holding up traffic is a separate offense deserving severe penalty. Maybe tar and feathering, or drawing and quartering.

Skip, hope you were able to get some sleep. Hopefully, the results will not prevent you from enjoying the vineyard products or your S'Bux.

Morton is one tough nut. Pretty sure he won't pitch again in the series. Hope that doesn't put the Braves in a bind.

BBB OP ;-)

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Lou - that is just *kitten* idiocy! I'm sorry. Concur. Ever see the movie The Purge? Just saying!

Up early to drive 40 miles to have Ph monitor removed and back home already. Traffic sucked but paid the $9 HOT toll for expressway. Enjoying SBUX and see doc Monday for results.

Hellluva game last night! Cannot believe Morton broke his leg! Ugh.

Kelly - bell presentation was cool! Fancy black gloves and all!!!! Sounded great.

Lou - hope the day gets better. If you were closer by - I'd invite you out for a HH snort of bourbon (if you don't mind a guy who has post nasal drip sneezing fits every five minutes)!

Lucy/Sassy/Larry updates????

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    There's lots of small minded people that will not bother to get to know folks before passing judgement; sorry anyone has to experience that and feel for folks so simple minded they have to live an delusional life.
    Kelly, great work
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

I feel you, Lou. I've never figured out how anyone thinks that making things difficult for others - as in traffic disruptions - is going to get them to support your point of view.

I kind of miss the thunder storms in Texas. Used to love watching the lightning flash. That sort of thing is very rare, here. On the other hand, I don't miss tornados and hurricanes.

Sassy is lying at my feet, licking my socks, as I type. We had a stimulating, 4-mile walk in wind and rain, yesterday. She gets a little bit better on leash, every day. We'll be back out in the rain, this afternoon.

I am about halfway done with the lamp Rita "commissioned." Trying to figure out how I want to deal with the base and the top. Probably go with a contrasting wood.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Sorry Lou.

Same storm woke up Ron. I slept like a baby.

No plans today...might head to REI as we have a return and Ron need new shoes.

Have a zoom interview tonight for a housesit in Florida in January. If we get it we will start researching airbnbs on the way.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • First off, great ballgame last night. Tough that one of our starting pitchers fractured a leg. It turned into a bullpen game and that turned out okay. We may have to do it again. Nothing like a leadoff homerun by the good guys.
    • I feel for you you Skip. Not so much for the tube but having to get up early after that late game. I got up and took the dog out, fed her and went back to bed.
    • Sorry you had to put up with that pitiful display Lou. Some people are warped. I thought TX was better than that.
    • Thanks for sharing the video Kelly. I know a hand-bell maestro.
    • Florida in January is good.
    • DW has a follow up Dr. appt. today so we are headed to Athens. We'll probably dine in the bigger city.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Lou I 100% agree with you
    There’s a special place in hell for people who hold up traffic and drive slow in the fast lane!! Ha.
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good Afternoon BBB
    I have caught up on the past few days posts - woozier
    Bill with the tube, Lou with the anti-semetic @SS H*** - thankfully I got to see Kelly on the bells to make everything okay.
    Steph - Florida in January would be great - what part?
    Lee - BAL and AB sounds like they have some Larry in them!
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Great job on the bells Kelly

I relate more and more as to why my diverse kind caring amazing fair educated driven ds1 feels he needs out of TX. This, just one more of so many examples.

They charge $8 to use fast lane?

Girls night out tonite and last of my birthdays toasts lol. Went for Mexican. Shrimp tacos and Palomas, perfect!

Steph is going to be a Florida snowbird!

Good nite

Go Braves!