Leslie Sansone November 2021 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
The November Walk Challenge starts....in just a few days! Now is the time to be thinking about our new individual monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player can be a great addition to walking outdoors in November. For those who are enjoying walking or hiking outdoors might well continue to be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs. For those walkers who live where there is more rain, or perhaps snow, the DVDs are a tremendous help when it is impossible to get outside for a walk.

This group is open to any and all walkers πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ . The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home πŸ“€ DVD workouts as well as Walking DVDs by other favorite instructors. Remember to take advantage of the great walks πŸ‘Ÿ or hikes πŸ₯Ύ outside on the trails or pathways that might still be available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood or perhaps on the treadmill. All of these many options count toward our miles, steps or minutes. However you get your walk in, or however you like to keep track of it... come on in and join us! Post your miles, minutes, or steps that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good! In fact it is much more than 'good', it is quite awesome and wonderful o:) .
Please share any strength training or other types of workouts that you are doing. We all benefit greatly by learning from one another and getting new ideas.

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles, minutes, or steps that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge somewhere in the middle of the month, or even near the end, no need to wonder if you can join in because it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !

So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in!

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration or ideas sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would want to :p .

Come on in, and let's start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I always write this each month, however, I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.

I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

So... lace up those walking shoes and get some water... and maybe a heavier jacket, as we begin to walk outside, or indoors, into November 2021! We have only two months left in this year 😲, so for the next two months lets really walk strong in order to end this year with increased strength πŸ’ͺ and stamina πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜… .

Let us walk with grateful hearts <3 .

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
Β«13

Replies

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if Walk Away The Pounds app works with a Fire tv stick?
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Not sure @savannahs21 . I have the app on my phone and I use a different app SMART THINGS to cast it to my smart TV when I'm home. When i travel I do it on my phone
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    @savannahs21 let me edit to say I'm using the walk at home app (its red) by Leslie
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    Happy November everyone.

I've started jogging but my goal for the month is simply 1 walking mile everyday. I'd like to do strength work, jog 4 days most weeks and build up my mileage so I'm doing 15-20 miles mostly jogging each week.

But my goal is simply 1 mile walk EVERY DAY, NO EXCUSES. I think that's the best thing I can do for my mind and body this month rather than set big lofty goals.

I ended the month basically the same weight I started which was so frustrating in October. I'm getting fewer massages in the months ahead due to scheduling issues with my therapist. I plan to do more relaxing salt baths.

I'm pleased that even though I didn't lose weight in October I did cut back more on my sleep aid and also on alcohol and I started jogging 3 times weekly. So I made some good progress and I'm hopeful November will feel good too (and i can finally see that weight loss i deserve!)

Hugs!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, November. Leaves have turned and are falling. Deer are running, and I'm still kind of limping. ;)
    Last month I was about 12 miles shy of my goal. This month I'll roll back on my mileage.

November Goals

Mileage Goal: 85 miles tracked
    Apple Watch Challenge: 14 workouts of 15min or more.

@mypinkbikini - Sometimes progress doesn't show on the scale. Good for you on cutting back on the sleep aid and alcohol.

@2020pinktogo - Congratulations on a year of amazing progress.

@savannahs21 - If you're referring to the Walk at Home app, I believe you can use it with the Fire Stick but you need to download the purple player app.

Is anyone looking at buying the new program Walk, Run, Lift? I see QVC has it for about $60.
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    Today I completed a fast 20 minutes to knock out my first mile of the month!

@deeder522 I've done a few of the walk run lifts and I enjoy some of them. Some of their transitions between staff are really clunky and hard to follow and sometimes my band style isn't good for some of their stretches in those segments and I end up improvising. I think they're nice to shake it up here and there but I'm not sure how they're selling an entire program of it except as a supplement to the regular stuff.

And Leslie isn't in any of the ones I've done, just the newer staff, fwiw.

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the help!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @2020pinktogo Welcome! Your joining us around the year anniversary after your stroke is amazing! 20 minutes walking a day is a big deal and a good goal choice! Keep on pressing forward... πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸŒΉπŸ’—.

@mypinkbikini I'm sorry that you continue to have difficulty with the scale. So it is good to read that you are planning to add in times of self care. That is a great idea. I like your mile a day goal. The simplicity of it will serve you well, and anything else that you do is an awesome bonus πŸŒΌπŸ‘πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ. Your listed accomplishments during October rock!

@Deeder522 Since you are still limping it sounds like a good decision to roll back a little on your mileage goal πŸŒ»πŸ‘Ÿ.

My goal for this month will once again be to keep moving as much as possible by using the rebounder & the Gazelle, walking indoors and sometimes outside on my cul-de-sac, or working in the yard/garden 🌞 🌷 πŸ› πŸ˜….

I began walking on our cul-de-sac, beginning the first week in September. I started walking slowly for 20 minutes which is about twice around. (Back in 2019 I could walk four times around in 20 minutes and could easily walk all over the neighborhood up to around 1 1/2 hours with no problems and no pain. (And do longer Leslie walks. I do miss those πŸ˜…πŸ˜₯)

By the end of October I was able to increase the time while still walking slowly on my street, up to around 30-40 minutes now. I'm staying on my street because if pain comes then I can stop and not be that far from home. That's where I'm at now with walking. I continue to research and try to figure out what if anything different is helping or hurting me.

For November my goal is to continue walking outdoors at least twice a week. A third time will be a bonus. I will vary the speed as I am able, tracking my walks by minutes. I'm going to continue "jogging" on the rebounder (much easier on my joints than walking on the street, and use the gazelle for cardio. And whatever else I can find to change things up and keep working some strength in.

Well, enough about me. I mostly write these things so I ward off discouragement by observing my plans and progress over the months/ years.

Here's to a great November for all of us πŸ’—πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ’—

texasgardnr 🀠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    My goal for this month will once again be to keep moving as much as possible by using the the Gazelle, rebounder, walking indoors and sometimes outside on my cul-de-sac, adding in some strength or working in the yard/garden 🌞 🌷 πŸ› πŸ˜….

November 1: 2 hours 15 minutes: outside walking, yard/garden
    November 2: 70 minutes: gazelle, rebounder, inside walk, strength

texasgardnr 🀠🌺
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    I jogged on Tuesday but Wednesday got away from me due to a 4 hr round trip drive and full work day. I should have done a mile when I got home but I had red wine instead! I will jog a couple miles this morning (Even though I don't feel like it to kickstart the streak again).
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    My goal for this month will once again be to keep moving as much as possible by using the the Gazelle, rebounder, walking indoors and sometimes outside on my cul-de-sac, adding in some strength or working in the yard/garden 🌞 🌷 πŸ› πŸ˜….

November 1: 2 hours 15 minutes: outside walking, yard/garden
    November 2: 70 minutes: gazelle, rebounder, inside walk, strength
    November 3: 90 minutes: Extra cleaning, also some decluttering garden area in garage, porch
    November 3: 40 minutes: gazelle, rebounder, strength

texasgardnr 🀠🌺
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    30 minute fast walk with Leslie burned high aerobics calories in my fit bit!!!

This weekend im doing 3 mile runs and big yoga sessions for that darn foot πŸ™ƒ
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! November Goal: 130 miles plus strength/Pilates each day. Although I love Pilates, I don't feel as strong as I did before, so I'm thinking of experimenting with some different strength training along with Pilates this month. A side goal is that I'd like to aim to eat dinner earlier and be in bed earlier on work nights. We will see if I manage that. I am a night owl, it's so hard for me to go to bed!

@texasgardnr great job on increasing 10-20 minutes on your outdoor walking. It's not worth it to be in pain though. Hopefully you will find ways to make it easier on your body. I really think if the world was made of softer floors and cloud-like ground, all of our feet and joints would feel so much better! I enjoy the feel of memory foam in my shoes, have you tried that at all?

Good luck @mypinkbikini on your no excuses goal! I think that's really excellent of you to set an obtainable goal instead of trying to reach something unrealistic. I am bad about pushing myself to meet goals even when my feet are protesting which isn't healthy and I know I need to work on that.
    How is your dog doing?
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    November Goal: 130 miles plus strength/Pilates each day

Nov 1: 4 Miles WATP Express+ 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 2: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana CabΓ‘n
    Nov 3: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 4: 6 Miles (4 Mile Walk and 2 Dance Miles) + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana CabΓ‘n
    Nov 5: 5 Fat Burning Miles ~ 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting

25 out of 130 miles
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Doing pretty well with my 20 minutes. It's not a marathon just baby steps.
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    @VeggieGirlforLife his improvements didn't stick but he's still on the med in case it's helping him. He does seem very sleepy all day most days and sleeps through things that used to get him worked up once upon a time. He's still happy to see us, eat, go to bed with us at night and go for car rides though I noticed he's getting more reluctant to walk with my husband. He takes a lot of encouragement most mornings to do his potty walk so that's.... different.

I made the prudent decision to make the holiday card photos of him this year and us with him-- to celebrate him while we have him. I love him so much.

Thank you for asking πŸ’›
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    @mypinkbikini I'm sorry to hear this about your pup. It's so very hard when our fur babies are feeling unwell and especially when you know time is limited. I think it's a wonderful idea to do holiday cards with him! I'm glad you thought to do that. You will be glad of it. Show him all the love and give special treats, anything you can do for him while he's with you. I do understand that love and the bond. I pray you have many more happy days with him. Big hugs to you and gentle pets for the doggie! 🐢 🐾 πŸ’›
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    November Goal: 130 miles plus strength/Pilates each day

Nov 1: 4 Miles WATP Express+ 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 2: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana CabΓ‘n
    Nov 3: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 4: 6 Miles (4 Mile Walk and 2 Dance Miles) + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana CabΓ‘n
    Nov 5: 5 Fat Burning Miles ~ 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 6: 5 Really Big Miles + 18 min GymRa full body strength with Lindsay
    Nov 7: 7 Miles ~ 4 Mile Fast Walk + 3 Miles Dance and Walk to deep house mix + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting

37 out of 130 miles
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    November Goals

Mileage Goal: 22 / 85 miles tracked
    Apple Watch Challenge: 3 / 14 workouts of 15min or more.

It's a beautiful fall day here so I'm pressing the Hubby to get out with me a take a short hike at a nearby park.