Crock-Pot Meals And Drinks Chat

Options
ON_A_DIET
ON_A_DIET Posts: 58 Member
This chat is all about Crock-Pot cooking, which is budget-friendly and healthy.

I searched everywhere on the internet for a Crock-Pot black bean soup but the recipes called for everything imaginable. I finally found the attached recipe for Crock-Pot Black Beans and Rice Soup. The recipe is plain and simple yet filling, comforting, and nutritious. I hope you like it! Now it is your turn to post a Crock-Pot recipe!

https://mostlyhomemademom.com/crockpot-black-beans-rice/#recipe

Replies

• ON_A_DIET
    Options
    It is the autumn season and you know what that means...comfort food! I want potato soup! Here is an easy recipe for Easy Crock-Pot Potato Soup... I hope that you like it!

https://kimandkalee.com/recipes/easy-crockpot-potato-soup/
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    I had taco soup on my mind a little while ago. I wanted a recipe that does not call for tomatoes. I have a ton of salsa in my fridge and wanted a recipe containing salsa. I searched and searched and found this YouTube video. She used tomatoes herself but toward the end of the video, she said that instead, salsa is good for the recipe too. Woo Hoo! Today I am preparing potato soup but am going to prepare Crock-Pot Taco Soup sometime this upcoming week. Would you like to know how the taco soup turns out?

https://youtu.be/FPC1C4VfB70
  • Spededtwo
    Spededtwo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is one I fix year round. It's easy and sooo good. Most of the time, I double the recipe and use the leftover to top frozen burritos and/or tamales or mix with left over mac and cheese for Mexican skillet.

https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2015/10/easy-crockpot-chili.html
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I don't cook by an official recipe, but I will tell you what I did tonight.

I coated the crockpot with a little olive oil, then took an onion, which I sliced thin, and placed it on the bottom of the crockpot in one layer. I then sprinkled powdered garlic, and added around 2 tablespoons of dried parsley, 1 tablespoon of dried basil, 1 teaspoon of marjoram, and 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary. I then placed in three chicken thighs (defrosted) which had the bones and the skin. I covered it with 1 can of Hunts pasta sauce which is cheap but the best! I cooked it on high for 4 hours. I took a taste after it cooked and adjusted the flavor with a sprinkle of garlic salt. I served it over cooked gluten free pasta, and it was really good!

The sauce was a little greasy so I took some of the grease off the top with a spoon before serving it. It's worth it to use chicken with the bones and skin though as it gives it a richer flavor. You don't have to use the rosemary and marjoram if you don't have it but the parsley and basil is a must.
  • ON_A_DIET
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Thank you for the chili recipe! Good comfort food, especially during these autumn and winter months. I like to use spaghetti sauce and black beans. But both of our methods are alike. Again, thanks! As for chicken, I like but I only use boneless skinless chicken breast. You have not done anything wrong... We just have different tastes.
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    This recipe is for Crock-Pot ranch potatoes. I like as one may use up that liquid ranch dressing lurking in the fridge. The recipe calls for a half cup of salad dressing. Personally, I want my potato salad to be extremely creamy and would use about 2 cups. Then, I prefer russet potatoes. How about you? Is this recipe to your liking?

https://halfscratched.com/crock-pot-ranch-potatoes/
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    It sounds like a fine recipe. I love russet potatoes too.

I will sometimes put slices of potato under a meat in the crockpot, layered over my onions. The fat from the meat drips into the potatoes which is quite good.

• ON_A_DIET
    Options
    Woo Hoo! What type of meat? Ground beef? Steak? Thank you for the recipe!
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    It sounds like a fine recipe. I love russet potatoes too.

I will sometimes put slices of potato under a meat in the crockpot, layered over my onions. The fat from the meat drips into the potatoes which is quite good.

What type of meat? Ground beef? Steak? We cannot buy much meat here. Seems good though!
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    This recipe had me inspired from member @CSEGUIN2 ... Although she does not want orange marmalade, this recipe was affordable for me. (I hope you don't mind @CSEGUIN2 :wink: )

Personally, out of the recipe, these are the only ingredients I like. The rest of the ingredients are just not really needed. What do you think? As the recipe is prepared in the Crock-Pot, totally stress free.

Crock-Pot Dump Orange Chicken

Sugar Ray's BBQ sauce
    Smucker's Orange Marmalade
    Soy Sauce
    Red Pepper flakes
    boneless skinless chicken breasts

What is funny though, is that this recipe is almost like a Crock-Pot Candied Kielbasa that I prepare... Coin size pieces of kielbasa cooked with BBQ sauce and in this case Grape Jelly.

https://craftymorning.com/crockpot-dump-orange-chicken/
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    On holidays, I always I prepare Crock-Pot homemade lasagna. Then, I throw a spread for New Years. All frugally too.

For New Years, I spent a total of $15.00 for ingredients for 5 appetizers. Pizza crackers, pizza butter, pasta salad, celery with peanut butter and pizza. I then prepared 2 mocktails with ingredients we already had in the fridge... Grape Lime Rickeys and Cranberry Spritzers.

What was on your holiday menu?
  • the_frugal_chef
    edited January 2022
    Options
    This is a photo of my Crock-Pot homemade wedding soup.

small pasta
    small meatballs
    spinach
    chicken broth
    water
    Parmesan cheese
    carrots (optional)

Throw all ingredients in Crock-Pot. Cook on HIGH 4 hours.

62tf92udogzx.jpg
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Do any of you members have drink recipes for a Crock-Pot? Something kind-of low calorie? Kindly post if you do... With winter here and everyone snowed in, a nice and warm drink would be comforting! No worries though, if your recipe calls for sugar, I can always use my skinny syrup. Thank you!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    I have a Crock-Pot on of homemade vegetable soup for dinner. My recipe is the easiest!

Use a Crock-Pot liner.

Throw in 2 cans of whatever vegetables you like. Today, I chose green beans, corn and peas. Do not drain.

Throw in a small jar of spaghetti sauce.

Pour in 2 cups of water.

Cook on HIGH for 3 hours.

Serve with shredded cheese or Parmesan.

• the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Crock-Pot French Toast

Tear stale bread in pieces
    Fill up Crock-Pot

In a bowl, stir brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon and milk

Pour over pieces of bread in Crock-Pot

Cook on HIGH for 2 hours.

Serve by the bowl or plate with butter and syrup! Voila!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Sweet n Sour Meatballs

In Crock-Pot, place frozen small meatballs. These can be found at the dollar store.

Pour a jar of BBQ sauce and a jar of grape jelly in Crock-Pot.

Stir.

Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.

Voila!
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Chicken and pasta

Strip meat off cooked chicken bones--leftovers or, I use a rotisserie chicken. Put it in the crockpot with one can of Hunts pasta sauce. Put in crockpot and cook on low a few hours. Everything is cooked already anyway.

Hunts sauce is only $1 and tastes really good! Serve over pasta.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options

This is a photo of my Crock-Pot homemade wedding soup.

62tf92udogzx.jpg

That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!
  • the_frugal_chef
    Options
    Chicken and pasta

Strip meat off cooked chicken bones--leftovers or, I use a rotisserie chicken. Put it in the crockpot with one can of Hunts pasta sauce. Put in crockpot and cook on low a few hours. Everything is cooked already anyway.

Hunts sauce is only $1 and tastes really good! Serve over pasta.

May I use canned chicken breast? My roommates are extremely picky, so I would only be preparing for myself.

Thank you!