November 7

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest changes I still have to make is sustainable uptick on the fruits and veggies intake .... ESPECIALLY the veggies! Thanks for the Topic Post today, @LazyBlondeChef !

I already have warmed fruit mixed into greek yogurt for many a lunch ... what veggies do people like to grill? I might try some of that over the winter as a change from popcorn for my evening snack

Can they be batch-grilled ahead of time, and then re-heated serving by serving? Any recipe link suggestions? (those can go in "What's On Your Mind" thread to be easier to find a second and third time, but DO mention hear what what you put there ... so that I and others will know to go look!)
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    2 pass days used (6th, 7th)

Since I maintain fewer than 30g net carbs per day the only fruit I eat is avocado (usually 1 whole avocado per day) and even veggies are limited to the leafy green varieties and broccoli and cauliflower for the most part. Since medium avocado counts as 3 servings I tend to hit 5+ servings of veggies per day somewhat easily. I'll toss some spinach in a smoothie or saute some with just about anything, and love shrimp and broccoli. So despite being so limited in the fruits and veggies, I get plenty, averaging quite a few more servings per day than the average American.
  • pamjsa
    pamjsa Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 today--managed a 30-minute ride on my Myx bike and a 10-minute upper body workout as well. I guess I put my "fall back" hour to good use!

I love to make sheet pan dinners with lots of roasted veg--only one pan to clean, and minimal oil. Adding a different combination of fresh herbs and spices keeps things interesting.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Exercise: o:) over an hour walking game PLUS longest outdoor roundtrip in the neighbourhood on a warm (for fall) and sunny afternoon. Feels strange to be looking at Full Dark before 6:00!
    Logged all: o:) (had to guesstimate something for the home-made beef stew, but picked from the high end of options to be on the safe side.
    Within Range: o:) near as I can tell. Probably overestimated calories eaten with the stew, was brutally honest about the serving size bread that went with it .. but still a decent chunk of earned exercise calories in the pot.

Not wanting any evening snack anyhoo, as (a) stew was so filling and (b) it FELT like we ate a late heavy meal.

Pass days used so far: 1 (bad planning)
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    7 Nov

✅ Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    ✅ Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    ✅ Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Pass Days used: 1

We love freggies around our house as well.... usually not a problem getting them in! Today's exercise was a 5.5 mile walk outside. It was beautiful weather today!

We had our Christmas photo shoot today with my 4 great-grandbabies wearing the little outfits I crocheted for them! I can't wait to get the pics back! This one was snapped by one of my granddaughters! <3 (Santa was a bust because the 2 older girls were terrified of him!)

as98f0r10r36.jpg

Oh.My.Goodness! So cute!