The Fireplace

Options

Replies

• MWMstr17
    MWMstr17 Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    @bradkcrew I meant to add that my wife has the Fitbit Sense and loves it. When I saw the larger watch face, I knew I needed a "watch" style for it's brightness, and readability.

@Allaesa72 When I switched Fitbits (older tech to newer) I noticed it went from the basic formula (220 minus age) to using METS, based on my resting heart rate.

OTOH, it's much more synced with me specifically, and thus more accurately measuring when I elevate my ranges during exercise.

OHOH, my second round of Quidditch was tough, b/c nothing counted the same. Part of it is me getting fitter, and my resting HR did drop from ~72 to ~58 to 60.

So yea, now it's tough to get to the maximum HR range, but I figure it *should* since that is maximum effort and not meant to be sustained for long periods.

For those without a Fitbit type of device, this is the compelling feature IMO. It's moves one from using a generic formula (220 minus age) that has no differentiation b/t male/female and not knowing your level of fitness, to being very tuned to your own fitness level. Even the sub $100 devices would get one that far.

• MWMstr17
    Options
    @pisanee

Did you make the chili? Cold and rainy here, so perfect chili weather. This is just assembled, before covering up the crockpot.

f622sa3em4hd.png
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing @MWMstr17
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    MWMstr17 wrote: »
    @pisanee

Did you make the chili? Cold and rainy here, so perfect chili weather. This is just assembled, before covering up the crockpot.

f622sa3em4hd.png
    @pisanee

f622sa3em4hd.png

Looks good, I just wish that beans didn't have so many calories. :/
  • pisanee
    pisanee Posts: 1,845 Member
    Options
    @pisanee

I did! It was delicious. I didn’t have a chance to buy canned chili beans, but had some baked beans. I doubled the chili powder to compensate, which might have been too much since it was chipotle chili powder. But I would definitely make this again. Now, I need to find a healthy cornbread recipe to go with it.
    hpa7v44p2lb5.jpeg

@bradkcrew They say that spicy food helps burn calories and boost metabolism. I also froze half of it, so I only had to worry about the calories for 1-2 meals.
  • MWMstr17
    Options
    First thing that came to my mind..........couldn't resist.

ui50m6gkyg5a.png
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Just back from vacation (Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge), where I did a lot of fun stuff and ate a TON of delicious food. No doubt in my mind I'll have a pound or two gain once the water weight drops, but it was worth it! Tomorrow is back to the norm, shed those couple of pounds and get ready for the next term :)

• MWMstr17
    Options
    Not too far from me. I'm in Charlotte.

Did you happen to visit Blackberry Farm? Looks about 25 miles east of there.
  • Dawnshealth111
    Dawnshealth111 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My mom signed up for the holiday session with us. She's done it in the past but had planned on traveling over summer so didn't join us last term. It looks like we'll have some other previous members coming back too. I feel like it's going to be a good term for Slytherin.
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Not too far from me. I'm in Charlotte.

Did you happen to visit Blackberry Farm? Looks about 25 miles east of there.

No, we basically strayed back and forth between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. We did spend a day out at Cade's Cove and an evening at Sugarland's Shine taste testing the newest flavors :wink:
    My mom signed up for the holiday session with us. She's done it in the past but had planned on traveling over summer so didn't join us last term. It looks like we'll have some other previous members coming back too. I feel like it's going to be a good term for Slytherin.

Yes! One of our returning students (hopefully to Slytherin) is a dear, dear friend of mine! The other is also a blast from my past, but if we get them both... They're BEASTLY players in the events and classroom challenges! I'm soooo ready to start the term!

BTW @MWMstr17 is there a way to invite them to this group? I don't see one myself, but maybe you can?
  • MWMstr17
    Options
    3wt4vnrtqnk0.png

I see "Invite Friends" as an option, but the group is unrestricted for joining, so I think the easiest thing would be to share the direct link to the group page with anyone you wanted to invite:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141628-salazars-sanctuary

• MWMstr17
    Options
    Shannon got her owl for Hufflepuff.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've been watching for mine.
  • kylielynn314
    kylielynn314 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Options
    Still waiting here....
  • Allaesa72
    Allaesa72 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I just received mine!
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Owls are out…..
  • kylielynn314
    kylielynn314 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Options
    Got mine last night. Yay!!
  • MWMstr17
    Options

Been slacking on gym time during break. Got back today and had a good run on elliptical, with decent cardio/peak time. Did legs for first since forever. Didn't break down and cry, yet. Jumping on box AFTER lunges and squats was a tactical error, though. Prolly looked like a spastic frog.

k5fnijj6lvgw.png

• MWMstr17
    Options
    https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/products

@bradkcrew Versa, Sense and a tracker model on sale at Fitbit.com and on Amazon.

Versa 2 price seems lower than I've seen it.
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/products

@bradkcrew Versa, Sense and a tracker model on sale at Fitbit.com and on Amazon.

Versa 2 price seems lower than I've seen it.

Thanks. I returned the Inspire and bought the Sense at Kohls on Sunday. I'm going to see how I like it. It sure is BIG.