Leslie Sansone November 2021 Walk Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I jogged a few miles Thursday, did aerobics Friday, and jogged 3 and 4 miles this weekend. I have foot pain and possibly nerve pain in the back of my hamstring. I knew I'm not stretching enough but it's hard to motivate for that!

This weekend has been focused on baking with friends and a meal with friends tonight! My negative is that my dog had a few really concerning incidents this weekend healthwise. Dh and I are supposed to leave him the first weekend in December and my heart is feeling panic and worry about how he will do. I don't want him to die when we're away and I don't think he's there yet but anytime he shows decline i get nervous and have trouble imagining leaving him alone.

Ok, closing out this chapter of the novel with well wishes to all of you this week. I'm still trying to walk that first mile every morning and keeping it under 2 cups of coffee daily.

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃
  • JustEm2015
    JustEm2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @mypinkbikini how old is you sweet puppy? I can imagine you must be worried? Are you leaving him with a friend to check in?

Do both your feet hurt or just one? Do you have shoe inserts?

So crazy you get motivated to do all this work on yourself and your body's like, I see your motivation, and I challenge you
  • sandra2bfit1
    sandra2bfit1 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    1 mile today
  • mypinkbikini
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @JustEm2015 he's approaching 12 and not only has he aged in the last year but this fall he got a vet diagnosis that suggested to me this may be his last holiday with us. We love him so very much and it's just hard to watch him age and I want him comfortable mentally and physically so I worry when anything unusual happens.

Since he was a pup, like months old, he'd been going to this commercial boarding place. He's always loved going there. A trusted friend in the area is his main support person in case something Happens and a decision has to be made but.... never till this year did I consider i might actually need her to show up and handle things for him. Thank you for reminding me, I'll reach out to her this morning and give her a heads up before next week. Normally it's a text the week of but in this case I feel I need to give her a real thorough pretrip report. Its just hard to imagine leaving him but my husband says he's sure the dog will be fine there because it's as familiar as our house. He's spent MONTHS THERE (not all at once!) Every year of his life. They take good care of him, send photos and He's always come home calm and satisfied after we leave.

But it's hard to watch him age and I want to be with him when it's time. Last night A friend referred me to a vet he worked with who will come to your home when it's time so I will definitely utilize that resource if possible.

As for my foot it is one leg, I think it's related to calf pain and its the back of my heel, not the bottom of my foot. I have high arches but no orthotics. It hurts in bed at night when I'm sleeping and sometimes during the day. I need to stretch more!
  • JustEm2015
    JustEm2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @mypinkbikini he sounds like a vital part of your family 🤗. Hopefully your friends preparation will fall under an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cute and you'll come home to a happy waggy tail.

Thanks for indulging my 50 foot questions!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    November Goals

Mileage Goal: 59 / 85 miles tracked
    Apple Watch Challenge: 8 / 14 workouts of 15min or more.

We lost power last night due to some wicked winds that ushered in a cold front. Nothing like no power and freezing temps and wind chills. After almost 20 hours power was restored and I was able to cook a nice modern dinner with my instant pot. :)

My doctor is ordering physical therapy for my foot. I'm looking forward to walking pain free again. I'm noticing its affecting my whole stride now. It's for sure been an excuse on not getting my workouts in.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    2 miles
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    2 miles
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    @sandra2bfit1 you're on a roll!!
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    1 mile
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    2 miles
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    2 miles
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    1 mile
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    2 miles
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    1 mile
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I just stumbled across your group and joined!! I love Leslie Sansone but had kinda forgot all about her for the last 10 years or so. She is so kind & encouraging - now normally rah rah sweetness would get old fast for me - but somehow I love Leslie 😍 🤣

I started with MFP mid-August and have lost 26 lbs - hurray - but have lots more to go.

And I am very sedentary with zero desire to be all that active, however I do have a desire to be at least somewhat fit 😉, so in addition to monitoring my food for November I dusted off my Fitbit and started tracking my steps. I was trying for a daily 15 minute walk, preferably outside pending weather & darkness. I started off the month hit & miss, but at least went out a few times, then I went on vacation and did great while away, actually thought this boded well but came back home and bumpkiss. Literally zippo.

So this group is great! I see there are several options on YouTube and can explore them while looking for my old DVDs (I have some VHS too 😆) and figuring out a way to play them or get the app to work using my firestick, but all in good time my friends, YouTube will get me started with no excuses.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    **Way behind in posting, been a busy month!

November Goal: 130 miles plus strength/Pilates each day

Nov 1: 4 Miles WATP Express+ 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 2: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 3: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 4: 6 Miles (4 Mile Walk and 2 Dance Miles) + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 5: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 6: 5 Really Big Miles + 18 min GymRa full body strength with Lindsay
    Nov 7: 7 Miles ~ 4 Mile Fast Walk + 3 Miles Dance and Walk to deep house mix + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 8: 6 Miles ~ 4 Mile Fast Walk + 2 Miles Woman's Walk + 15 min HASfit strength for legs
    Nov 9: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 3 Miles 5K With a Twist! + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 10: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 15 min HASfit strength for legs
    Nov 11: 2 Miracle Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 12: 6 Miles ~ 4 Miles Fast & Firm + 2 Miles The Big Burn + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 13: 7 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 2 Miles Heart Healthy + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 14: 5 Boosted Miles + 15 min HASfit strength for legs
    Nov 15: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Miles Belly, Buns & Thighs+ 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 16: 4 Miles Punch Up Your Walk + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 17: 4 Miles WATP Express + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 18: 3 Miles Walk & Firm + 15 min HASfit strength for legs
    Nov 19: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 10 min HASfit abs strength
    Nov 20: 3 Miles 5K with a Twist! (rest from strength)
    Nov 21: 5 Mile Advanced Walk + 15 min HASfit strength for legs
    Nov 22: 5 Miles ~ 2 Miles Women’s Walk + 3 Mile Express + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt
    Nov 23: 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 24: 3 Mile Express + 15 min HASfit strength for legs
    Nov 25: 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 26: 2 Fast & Fun Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 27: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 2 Mile Super Walk + 1 Mile Walk Party + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 28: 3 Miles Walk to the Hits Radio Remix + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt
    Nov 29: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 30: 5 Really Big Miles + 15 min HASfit strength for legs

138 out of 130 miles
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @VeggieGirlforLife
    Since going dairy-free last year I find myself ordering the vegan options and scouring vegan recipes. We still eat meat and I try to eat eggs and fish a few times each week, but I've noticed since going dairy-free that we definitely eat fewer animal products and I find when I do have steak or meat I don't desire huge cuts anymore. Instead it's fine to have just a little bit of meat mixed in with a lot of veggies/carbs in a lot of my meals so I'm feeling good about those changes. I'm trying to bolster with veggie protein sources which honestly can be a bit of a struggle and one of the big reasons I could never imagine going totally vegan. This week I've been making smoothies with trader joe's almond butter or refried beans in a breakfast burrito to try to up my morning protein. My nut milks and occasionally yogurts have very small amounts of protein.

We're an ongoing conversion over here for sure :) I am a little nervous about travelling again-- every menu seems to be loaded with cheese and milk now that I don't eat it!

Hey @mypinkbikini, I'm sorry I didn't see this message earlier. I know a lot of people find it a struggle to be vegan for many different reasons and you should do what you feel is right for you. Protein hasn't been an issue for me. Some examples of things I eat which have protein are lots of spinach, black beans, asparagus, avocadoes, broccoli, mushrooms, pumpkin seeds (bonus of zinc, too!), bananas even have some protein. Oh and I use a lot of nutritional yeast! Some grains contain protein, but I cannot eat grains. Peanut butter is also great, but I have to be careful - it's the one thing that weakens my willpower and I have gained weight from eating too much!

Travelling can be a challenge! I don't eat in restaurants (with the exception of a local raw vegan one) because I have too many dietary issues. I pack a lot of my food, sometimes grocery shop on the trip and hopefully stay somewhere I can cook in the evenings. If I can, I will cook and take along hot foods in a thermos for the day or plan for a raw food day.

I'm happy to offer suggestions! I love cooking, love experimenting with recipes and trying all kinds of veggies and fruits. Message me anytime!
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    1 mile
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Good evening everyone. It has been a very busy month on several fronts. I just managed to post December's starter post. I felt like I was in an old Twilight Zone episode when I logged in. Oh, my, everything is so changed. I'm not even going to ask why the changes 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️😄🙈. I am really tired right now with the last minute cleaning and preparing for our DS's visit, so it probably only seemed harder to navigate all the changes on the groups on MFP.

This month I did an odd mix of my usual walking some outdoors/ gazelle/ rebounder/ indoors walking and some yard and garden. But mostly I did a lot of really deep cleaning/ decluttering/ rearanging in the "kid's room" which has doubled as a sort of guest room for adults and in the past playroom/ bedroom for grandkids' overnight visits, and my "little room" which is my little hide a way to color and be a bit creative etc.
    The guest room had gotten quite crowded over these pandemic months with boxes or things that I didn't have the energy or need to take care of, and kid's stuff that is too young for them now.

Well My DS is coming in tonight quite late, so my goal for 3/4 of this month was to declutter and deep clean so that room could be transformed back into being a Guest Room again. My Little Room I needed cleared and tidy, so that he can have a desk and a clear space since he works from home, and will do so while visiting. Also of course, I decided that I may as well do my normal Autumn/ Early winter cleaning in the rest of the house at the same time as well. I usually do that now instead of the "Spring Cleaning" that many people do. My "spring cleaning" is in the yard and garden 🌹🌼 instead.

Any way all is completed and I'm awaiting to hear that his plane landed. Then I remembered that tomorrow is December.... oh, my. This month has passed by so quickly.

I saw some new people posting this month! Welcome! I will go back and re-read everything again that I skimmed through earlier. Ok, my DS came in and we chatted for a while. So I just went back to read through the posts more thoroughly this time. Well done on all the miles and steps etc! And the big goals as well as smaller goals were awesome! Good work y'all 👍🤸‍♀️🏃‍♀️ 😅.

See you in December... 👟👟,

texasgardnr 🤠🌺