1 Pass Days Used
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    ✅❌❌
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Nov 24
    It was a harder day to stay on track because my mom is visiting and we're getting ready for Thanksgiving. And I had not preplanned the night before, because I had felt sick and went to bed early without doing any of my usual prep. But, I pulled it off.
    Exercise - 45 minute walk (with my mom), 15 minutes MommaStrong
    Tracking - Managed to log everything right before I ate it or right after, which is not the way I like to do it but it worked.
    Calories - Under (barely)

Today is a planned pass day, but I have planned out breakfast and lunch and no afternoon snack. I am up early and about to go do my MommaStrong exercises. So ready to not make 1 planned pass meal be a whole pass day, as inspired by yesterday's post.

No time to join December right now but I will do that after Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to my 4th UAC month!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 35 minute walk, 30 minutes yoga, 10 minutes ab strength
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 1 (Nov1)
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 45 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

1 pass day used (Nov 19)
  • edsheeran412
    edsheeran412 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    3/3, late comment again. This new design for the forum is *kitten* me up.
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Exercise 😊. Calories. 😊tracking. 😊
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
    Nov 24
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,772 Member
    Options
    Yes for 3!
    1/3 pass days
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    11/24/2021
    Exercise? yep
    Tracking? Yep
    Calorie? Yep... but they were probably not the healthiest calories out there. Still, three yesses today. Crazy.
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    11/24

Exercise: 79 minutes mountain biking, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days used: 1
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    Responses to Nov 23's opener have been extremely helpful and insightful. Unfortunately I've not dealt with "life" very well this week. And I have a couple of tubs of ice cream in the freezer too, one I bought and one my sister brought for me as a gift last night (Nov 26) as she too is in a bad period. Last night was good though, lot of laughs, lot of talking about what is going on for both of us. Mine isn't seriously bad, in fact I think in the long haul it will be good, but I'm not sleeping well & seem to be in a period of high angst (probably hormones out of whack), and this life event is just pushing me over the edge this week. I just can't seem to exercise some self-control over my eating. Here and there I've been going for walks or a bike ride this week after work, which is what I'm tyring to use as my replacement behaviour for bingeing but my eating throughout the day is out of control and apparently I do have the mentality that I should eat whatever I want now before I get back on track... I know, not good. I'm mentally exhausted dealing with people & their reactions to the change and the shift in the environment and my own emotions/anxiety and it's going to continue on for a couple of months I'm sure, so somehow I need to learn to deal with it in another manner. The reality is this is life and I can't keep reacting by bingeing/comfort eating. Sorry for my rant; it's not something I usually do, nor like to do, but I'm trying to interact more in the group and be accountable. So glass half full mentality: I came back and posted in the UAC regardless of whether I'm successful with the challenge. This was a goal I set for myself this Fall, so there's that at least.

@Jana_2020
    Jana - thanks for sharing and kudos to you for your courage in the face of the changes that are happening in your life. Yes - courage 💛

You are still making progress, even if that progress is different than what you may have originally envisioned. You are committed to and practicing accountability (for the good, the “bad”, and the ugly) and that, to me, is truly what is at the heart of our learning in UAC and in wellness.

To me, you are successful at the challenge not when you get “three thumbs” up every day for the goals, but because you are showing up for yourself by first joining each month, sticking with it and being a champion (like you are right now), being committed to improving behaviours that we are ready to change, and keeping our wellness at front of mind with a fresh start every day.

I am so glad you have your sister and the support you can give each other. Be kind to yourself as you go through this 💩💩💩 period. Join me and commit to making improved sleep a focus? It’s absence heightens the angst, makes any self control challenge even more difficult, and robs us of capacity for healthier emotions.

Take good care of yourself friend.

Julie
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @Jana_2020 I think @jamcnewman said it very well. You are aware of it (first step), and taking mindful, positive measures to address it instead of boxing yourself into only an "all or nothing" mentality. That's huge, they're the hardest steps. Applying those steps is what gets you going in the direction you want to go. Keep going, we're all proud of how you are handling this adversity! Perfection is impossible but net sum positive is possible, and sometimes life can seem challenging to get there.

Keep going!