Weight No More Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    The November Week 5 Challenge is up and running!

This week is all about your team. We're always needing to hear what is working for you on F2F so that we can hopefully do it better! Here is a chance to show your gratitude for things that have worked for you.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10849942/november-week-5-challenge-your-team#latest
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Ama3387

Weigh in day: Monday
    PW 193.6 lbs
    CW 192.8 lbs

Steps
    11/21- 6,127
    11/22- 17,475
    11/23- 3,798
    11/24- 7,235
    11/25- 7,286
    11/26- 10,108
    11/27- 2,692
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    IDebraK wrote: »
    IDebraK wrote: »
    So today I was wondering about my BMI. At 130 pounds and only 5 feet tall, I am still overweight. (I already knew that being this height). So as I looked a little further, for my height, it states that I should weigh between 95 and 128. I had chosen 125 as my goal weight with the high side at 128. I chose the 128 because that was my weight before ever having children some 27 years ago. At 128, I am on the high side of BMI and just teetering on the overweight category. If I take the lowest weight of 95 and the highest weight at 128 and average them, I get 111. That would put me dead in the middle of the BMI range for my height. I don't think 111 is doable for me. At a certain point in weight loss, I look like my head is too big for my body.
    Does anyone else look at the BMI charts for their goal weight?
    I know doctors do.
    I feel like maybe I should change my goal weight a little lower. I just don't know that I could lose another 20 pounds.

So here's the thing about BMI...

It doesn't take into account the composition of your body, and tends to assume that women have less muscle on their bodies than they actually do. Find a weight that feels good to you, one that you feel like you can sustain in a healthy way without restricting your food to starvation portions. I wrote a long blog post a while ago about the origins of BMI and how it is discriminatory against anyone who isn't a 30-something European man. I can share the link to it in here if it would be helpful to anyone.

All that in mind, I would recommend going no lower than 120 unless you absolutely feel like that is still too high. Not on a numbers basis, of course, but on a feeling basis. You know your body better than anyone else.

Thanks! I'd be interested in reading it.

Somehow, I feel like a calculation of whether you're male or female and age should also be a factor. I did manage to find one calculator online that did take those factors into consideration. However, it seemed to only matter if you were over the age of 65.

I'll get to my goal of 125-128. That, I am sure of. If I feel like I can go lower and not look like a bobble head doll, I may reconsider lowering it.

You can find the blog post here

There are a ton of calculators that attempt to remediate the biases in BMI data, but there's only so much a number or two can tell us.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    User: seltzer_lover
    Weigh-in day: Mondays
    11/22: 273.1
    11/28: 270.2

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Steps for the last week..

11/21- 6,352
    11/22- 13,445
    11/23- 15,881
    11/24- 13,126
    11/25- 18,105
    11/26- 7,532
    11/27- 6,460
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being AWOL do much lately. As I'd mentioned before, I'm having a lot of trouble with one of my shoulders. I started PT today. It was hurting a lot before I got there but I think the exercises helped some. Still hurts...but less than this morning...and I forgot to take the anti-inflamatories...so that's pretty good.

In the past week, I've baked bread three times. I've made several pies. Pasta salad, Watergate salad. I'm afraid to step on the scale.

I see a few people had losses. Yay! A few people had tiny gains or none. Yay! Go us! And look at all our steppers!

I will get back to logging steps. As soon as I start walking again. Which should be now. Really, I mean it.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    I made myself get on that treadmill tonight. I had my husband set it up, my son had to go to urgent care, for anyone who has been in this group a long time will say no big surprise there, always something with this kid, lol. I had my husband watch my granddaughter and I went and walked. I had to make some time all about me because it never happens. It felt good though but now I'm up past my bed time and hope I can get up tomorrow. I did plan on getting up early to walk but we will see.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Week 5
    Thursday weigh in
    PW: 161.3
    CW: 161.1
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited December 2021
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    November Week Five

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 171 (November 24th)
    CW (Current Weight): 169.6 (December 1st)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 64.4 lbs

After Thanksgiving, I was definitely not expecting to see a loss. But then I caught a stomach bug and spent most of Friday and Saturday not eating anything because I couldn't keep anything down. So when I weighed myself on Sunday out of sheer curiosity, I saw a massive loss (expected). And I was torn whether to feel good about it or worry that I had lost so much simply from being sick. Today was a recovery, but I am not sure whether to trust this weight or expect to see a gain next week.

Yes, I am feeling better and back to eating normally. Still dehydrated, so I am working hard to make sure I drink enough water. Thank you for your concern :wink:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    ~~ November Week Five ~~

In our final week of November's challenge, we face bloats from overeating and alcohol and salt and sugar and stress and and and and and and... you get the idea. There are a billion and a half reasons for gains this week, and the majority of them aren't anything permanent. Grant yourself some grace this week, and set yourself up for consistency in December.
    ~ Step Challenge ~

Team Statistics -

Steppers: 6
    Total Steps: 455,935
    Average Steps Per Person: 75,989

The Leaderboard -

@MotylekOkruchy - 119,809 total | 17,116 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @IDebraK - 84,824 total | 12,118 average
    @sandielewis2001 - 80,901 total | 11,557 average
    @ljdanny - 61,995 total | 8,856 average - Most Consistent!
    @ama3387 - 54,721 total | 7,817 average
    @lennoncpa - 53,685 total | 7,669 average

pitch-perfect-fat.gif

~ Weigh Days ~

Earlier This Week:

@annliz23
    @twyla77
    @cassiegetsfit2013

Today:
    @callsitlikeiseeit

Coming Up:
    @Ljdanny
    @kaj848
    @sandielewis2001
    @gmcgovern41
    @bumpbreakcar
    @rachelrjh
    @lennoncpa
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @MayLan
    @IDebraK
    @FaithIt365
    @timibotkin
    @MotylekOkruchy
    @elelja945
    @bjaneb

REMEMBER! If you did not weigh in last week, you MUST weigh in this week or ask to be excused/moved to avoid being dropped from the team.
  • jugar
    Options
    You have a new team member joining you for December! Please welcome @Becoming_A_Butterfly who chose your team because they love the name :heart:
  • pacsnc6
    Options
    ~~ November Week Five ~~

In our final week of November's challenge, we face bloats from overeating and alcohol and salt and sugar and stress and and and and and and... you get the idea. There are a billion and a half reasons for gains this week, and the majority of them aren't anything permanent. Grant yourself some grace this week, and set yourself up for consistency in December.
    ~ Step Challenge ~

Team Statistics -

Steppers: 6

Looks like you missed my steps this week. Posted Sunday night. Won't help the average much though
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    steps
    Sun - 2813
    Mon - 4584
    Tue - 4348
    Wed - 5805
    Thu - 4177
    Fri - 6667
    Sat - 4589
    Just over 11 1/2 miles this week. Have a sinus infection/cold that is making me sleepy and lazy
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options

Looks like you missed my steps this week. Posted Sunday night. Won't help the average much though
    steps
    Sun - 2813
    Mon - 4584
    Tue - 4348
    Wed - 5805
    Thu - 4177
    Fri - 6667
    Sat - 4589
    Just over 11 1/2 miles this week. Have a sinus infection/cold that is making me sleepy and lazy

Whoops! My bad! I knew I should have double checked before posting.

Your numbers bring the total up to 488,918, and you would have won Most Consistent this week! Thanks for catching that - I'll do my darnedest to be more thorough next time, I swear. Hope you're feeling better!
  • jugar
    Options
    Another new member coming your way! @Shawnamarie1990 will be joining you soon.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am new to the team. I don't want to wait until the New Year to start making some changes in my life, so I searched for challenges and found this one. I have about 60 pounds to lose and tend to let stress derail me. Excited to be here!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Welcome aboard, @Becoming_A_Butterfly and @Shawnamarie1990 !

I'm Ashley, one of the two team captains here on Team Weight No More - my lovely co-captain is
    @melaniedscott , who saves me from having to do everything myself. We are here to help track your weight in the F2F spreadsheet and provide little spurts of support and motivation. Also here to support you is our fantastic motivator, @rachelrjh , who you'll see posting from time to time and improving morale around these parts.

Here's what you'll be doing:
    • Your first weigh-in is next week - set yourself a reminder or five to be sure you provide a weight before the end of the day Saturday
    • If you haven't provided your highest weight yet, do it soon! This is how we keep track of milestones so we can celebrate your successes with you!
    • If you would like to join our Step Team, we track steps on a Sunday - Saturday basis, with the results posted every Wednesday afternoon EST
    • When jugar posts the link to the December thread, I highly recommend bookmarking it so you get notifications when there are new posts and so you can find it easily
    • If you have questions, any questions at all, feel free to post them here! We have members from all walks of life who would probably know the information you're looking for (e.g. I'm a scientist and I'm more than willing to help, if you have any technical questions)

So excited to have you here with us!
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Good morning! I am new to the team. I don't want to wait until the New Year to start making some changes in my life, so I searched for challenges and found this one. I have about 60 pounds to lose and tend to let stress derail me. Excited to be here!

• pacsnc6
    Options
    So I was ahead of myself yesterday when I posted my weight for the week. Today - Thursday - I weighed in at 159.8 FINALLY dropped below 160 again!

• kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kaj848
    Thursdays
    Pw: 159.8
    CW: 159.2
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    November Week 5
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 194.2 (November 25th)
    CW (Current Weight): 192.0 (December 2nd)

Loss to date: 79.1 lbs
This discussion has been closed.