Weight No More Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Slipped off track a bit, but I've only been going up & down the same pound every week. 🤦‍♀️ My Sister's off work today, so I'm hoping that doesn't mess with my calories too much! I know it usually does because she always wants to order food or something! But it's supposed to be pretty nice outside today, so maybe I can get a good walk in or something! And maybe even do some house chores with her help! 🤔 Had my very first spinal steroid injection yesterday! So we'll see how that goes! Also, having a terrible time here, I keep getting lost & can't find our group, lol. 😑
  • Shawnamarie1990
    Shawnamarie1990 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good evening. I'm new to the team. Thanks for allowing me to participate in this challenge. Lately I have been stagnant. I've been floating the 220s since July. Stress has been a main factor but I feel like my eating is holding me back as well. My HW recorded was 279lb and my CW is 224.8lbs. I do want to join the Step Team. I work for FedEx, so I tend to get alot of steps in. Today so far, I almost got 19,000 steps in. I look forward to motivating and celebrating with everyone. 8xrexbk1qx60.jpg
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    forgot to cjeck in this week! sorry!!

weigh in day- wednesday

weight 176

which according to happy scale is only a pound for the entire month of november but i am down a tad over 5 inches for the MONTH, so thats a major NSV and WAY more important in my book!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Pw 185.3
    Cw 185
  • ljdanny
    Options
    Not much of a loss. I have been walking everyday again though so I'm hoping that's going to help. I called my dr on tues because I have a had a cough since spring. First thought it was allergies, then new meds, they thought maybe pneumonia over summer, but now it's just beyond annoying. I just want my cough checked, they said my voice sounds funny , so they made me get a covid test because everything is now a sign of covid. So I haven't been able to work to I get results. I have a funny voice anyway because my vocal cords a partially paralyzed from laryngitis years ago and I have a touch it now so I sound worse. My work party is tonight and I might have to miss it. Being home though I have gotten a lot done around the house.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Becoming A Butterfly
    Saturday
    PW: 207.2
    CW: 207.2

Just wanted to make sure I had my current weight posted. I normally weigh in on Saturday mornings, but I didn't want to forget, so I am posting this one a day early.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 136.0
    Current weight: 137.6
    Steps: 65,419
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    @Becoming_A_Butterfly - You're all set! Your first weigh in actually won't be until next week, but it's good to know we have the correct starting weight for you!

@ljdanny - I hope you figure out what's wrong! I can't even imagine battling the same cough for months.

@callsitlikeiseeit - You're darn right inches lost is more important! Weight fluctuates drastically with a multitude of factors, but how your body looks and feels is much more linear and makes more sense to track. Congrats!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - I have you excused for this week, just in case. Do you have our chat bookmarked? That's how I can find it in the mess they made of the forums. And you can always just message me your weigh-ins if that's easier for you.
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm Hi, I’m late but I need to skip this week. I’m out of town and forgot to request the skip sooner. I’m sorry
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @ljdanny are you taking any medications that could be causing the cough. I was taking losinopril until it caused a dry cough for a month or so. Some drugs have weird side effects.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Latest update on my cancer - CT scan the other day showed no change, not worse, not better. I am still feeling very good most of the time but taking prednisone before each CT scan is playing havoc with big mood swings for a couple days. And I am so ready to be done with this stuff!! Only seven to eight months to go on Keytruda
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,105 Member
    Options
    The December Habit Tracker is up and ready for you to plan and set up for success in December. Be sure to plan which days you won't worry about, and which days you hope to stick to the straight and narrow!

Go to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850312/december-habit-tracker#latest

Find your team, and go for it! It is up to you to update your own progress daily.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Username: MayLan
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 249.8
    CW: 247.4
  • ljdanny
    Options
    @pacsnc6 I had started taking 2 new meds in the spring so I eventually started thinking it was one of them. Both of the drs who prescribed them said it wasnt a side effect. I did try to stop taking them to see what happened but the cough didnt go away.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    ljdanny wrote: »
    Not much of a loss. I have been walking everyday again though so I'm hoping that's going to help. I called my dr on tues because I have a had a cough since spring. First thought it was allergies, then new meds, they thought maybe pneumonia over summer, but now it's just beyond annoying. I just want my cough checked, they said my voice sounds funny , so they made me get a covid test because everything is now a sign of covid. So I haven't been able to work to I get results. I have a funny voice anyway because my vocal cords a partially paralyzed from laryngitis years ago and I have a touch it now so I sound worse. My work party is tonight and I might have to miss it. Being home though I have gotten a lot done around the house.

There is a thing where your vocal cords can get irritated and cause coughing. The cough then irritates the vocal cords, causing more irtitation. I get it a lot. I get it because my vocal cords are backwards but it happens for other reasons, I'm sure. There are vocal cord relaxation techniques that help mine...but Most of the time, large doses of Prednisone are required...so I stop coughing but scream at everyone...😟
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Rachelrjh

Pw:137.2
    Cw: 140 pounds

Sad but true. Too many sweets.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am new to the team. I don't want to wait until the New Year to start making some changes in my life, so I searched for challenges and found this one. I have about 60 pounds to lose and tend to let stress derail me. Excited to be here!

Welcome aboard! I know you can do it! I was there this time last year. It took me six months to lose 50 pounds.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Good morning Ladies & Gents! The month is almost wrapped, Ashley & I noticed we have a few outstanding weighins-- getting any stragglers in before ~10 pm is important as the monthly wrap up will get done early on Sunday morning.

Anywho! I hope this finds everyone well! I've started PT for my shoulder and am cautiously optimistic. The PT did not argue about the hypermobility stuff (docs always do)...but his eyes got a bit big when he saw how much give my shoulders have. They gave me an apprehension test and it did not make me apprehensive at all. Apparently, it should be 'uncomfortable' but I didn't notice. When I'm doing those exercises, I've added some hip flexors, butterfly crunches and the 100. As a result, I'm a little sore. Honestly, I was sore before I started, which is why I started but it is a new sore, not the getting-old-sucks-when-you-have-hypermobility-issues sore.

I am on a preserves making kick--I made three types of 'boozy' berries last night. They are mostly cranberry based ('tis the season ...the only thing I really like about it-availability if cranberries)--Cran-Cherry Chutney, Cherry-Cran Chutney, and Cran-Pear-Orange Chutney. I'll make a Cran-Blueberry Sauce when I get my hands on some blueberries (there's a story, I'm not telling) and some Kiwi Jam this morning. The kiwi is not boozy but I'll include it just for kicks. Each team at work makes a gift basket (or several) this time of year for a holiday raffle and I'll add a jar of each to one of them. And I'm gifting a couple friends with a small jar of each, too. The Cherry-Cran is weird, it has the same proportions as the Cran-Cherry but always makes less. I suspect there is a science-y explanation.

Okay, enough blather. Have a great day, guys! Also,abig welcome to our new members! And a Rah-Rah, you can do it! For everyone.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,105 Member
    Options
    The December Team Chat is UP! Time for new month introductions, commitments, and starting off on the right foot. Continue final weigh-ins here, and head to the new chat to get December officially started:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850334/weight-no-more-team-chat-december-2021/p1?new=1
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    IDebraK
    Start weight: 159
    PW: 130.8
    CW: 129.8 -- I BROKE 130!!!

Steps:
    Sat: 9242
    Sun: 9837
    Mon: 11416
    Tues: 12839
    Wed: 11572
    Thurs: 14575
    Fri: 9315

I have 3 day weekends since I work 4 - 10 hours shifts Monday through Thursday. I'm still trying to increase those weekend steps to 10,000 per day while keeping the work week steps at 13,000. I only made the goal 1 day this week. Our workload is a lot lighter this time of year. Come February, it will greatly increase.
    I work in retail merchandising for Tractor Supply. We will start setting all of the spring sets in February or late January and packing away all of the winter-related things. LOTS OF STEPS.
This discussion has been closed.