December 4

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    DEC 4 - Pass day
    Exercise ❎
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,497 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I like data but wouldn't say I'm particularly good at the analytics side of it. Probably the only take-aways for me are that eating beyond my calories/macros generally don't show up the next day, more likely in the next 2-3 days. This has derailed me in the past because I will eat a cup of ice cream and weigh the same the next day. So on day 2 I'll say to myself, "I can have ice cream again since it didn't impact my weight when I ate it last night." Of course, we all know that this is not how things work around here!

I am still in search of patterns in my macros that I can gleam something from. I'm probably generally around 17% - 20% protein, 50-55% carbs and the rest fat most days. I have to be SO deliberate in what I consume to even get to that level of protein. Although some of the advice on these boards are to not worry too much about the macros and just focus on overall calories, I am hoping that consuming more beans/legumes, eggs and greek yogurt will keep me satisfied so I don't end up getting the munchie either late afternoon or late evening (vegetarian diet).

I have no idea if that truly is the case or whether I'm better about telling myself that I don't have the budget for those snack calories. Perhaps I'm better at letting myself feel hungry at times.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I am reposting a picture I put in yesterday ... I want you to reeeeeeeealy LOOK at the dips in the Reality Map. Notice that (apart from the first one) the dips are actually higher up the total slope than the starting point. And that each one requires a different kind of strategy to get past.
    uh9km80u9i4j.jpeg
    This is why tracking is important.
    • It is concrete proof of how far you have already come.
    • Getting through each mini-goal - just to that one next flag -gives you a SERIES of successes that help populate your personal tool-chest of Success Support Strategies.
    • It reminds you that "this kind of strategy worked for me on THAT problem / how can I apply that personal strength in a different way to THIS problem?"
    • The final flag ISN'T the top of the hill. There is More To Life than this one Main-For-The-Moment goal.
    I really like all the posts here but I think this is possibly the best one yet :-) I

Go forth and Live Your Best (for YOU - nobody else but YOU) Life!

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    . And @mshawski - when I can make it (not if), I’ll be wearing my new ring on Christmas Day!

Love love love this! ❤️ You got this! 💍