3 x Yes
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,009 Member
    Options
    Dec 1 🥾⚖️💪🏻🫀🧂🕉😴
    Dec 2 🥾⚖️💪🏻🫀🧂🕉😴
    Dec 3 🥾⚖️💪🏻🫀⬆️🕉😴
    Dec 4 🥾⚖️💪🏻🫀🧂🕉😴

I exercised, calories under, and tracked all Dec 1-4.

But things have been rough:
    Dec 2 & 4 sodium was *just* okay & led to increased mouth hunger. Dec 3 sodium was high (processed foods) & led to more mouth hunger today. I thought for sure my calories would be over, but they weren’t.

I have to admit that eating one sugary-salty-fatty food Dec 1 that I usually don’t eat led to a salty-fatty-crunchy Dec 2 (and finishing it Dec 3.) And then to a third food Dec 3. Processed-pseudo-fried-Salty.

Today was all good, but I had to keep from making it a 4thday in a row.

I was *this close* to taking December “off” something I have not done since Jan 2016. Danger! But tonight I sat down with all my notes on what I’d eaten & much to my surprise, my calories were fine, low even. My steps are crazily high.

It’s shocking & humbling to see that after years of maintenance & carefully weighing to the gram, I might have given up over just 4 days. Very shocking.

I truly am like an alcohol w/ that first drink, I’m embarrassed to say, but better to announce it & remember this experience going forwards.

Of course with the extra sodium, the scale popped up, which didn’t help & made me think I’d eaten too much (I hadn’t.)

“My name’s Maddie, and I need to keep my sodium & refined sugar to low levels in order to be healthy & happy.”

This is awesome... I feel u with the alcoholic analogy! Xo
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Dec 4th
    A second pass day - unplanned and unnecessary
    Exercise - 30 minutes stretching, probably at least 20 minutes of walking around at the Christmas Tree Farm
    Tracking - I planned the day, but just did not have the willpower as my kids indulged in delicious treats all day long (because of Christmas Tree Farm, Thanksgiving dessert leftovers, and post-second COVID shot treats and takeout). I grazed on their leftovers all day long. I will say I did not eat as much as I could have eaten - but much more than I wanted to. I am feeling hungry and cranky about trying to get back on the wagon with eating right after the week of Thanksgiving indulgences. I am not sure which part of the plan was wrong - taking a week at maintenance after Thanksgiving, or trying to go back to weight loss calories while my house is still full of delicious junk food.
    Calories - Over. But really not as much as they could be, is the only consolation. I still followed the plan for my main eating, just had a bite and a sip here and there, which probably added up to quite a bit, but not as much as if I'd just abandoned the plan entirely.

Pass Days So Far: 2

Today is planned but with more temptation. We're having our family Hanukkah celebration tonight, with latkes. My plan is to eat 2 and that should fit in the calorie budget. We'll see how I do.

@BMcC9 Thanks for the opening post. I really like the idea of continuing to gather data to learn from it and continually get better at this as I learn. This is my second time losing weight in my life, and I came to UAC after working on it for a year and a half and losing almost 25 pounds. Yet I am still feeling very much like a beginner at this stage of things. I mean, not just for weight loss but kind of for everything in my life right now, actually. So I really like the idea of tracking, reflecting, adjusting, It's basically using the scientific method on myself.

And also inspired by your post, I am going to post a question for advice in What's on Your Mind.