Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @leonadixon At least you didn't gain. I am sorry about the stress, it makes it hard to stay on track. I hope you had a good Christmas, too. Happy New Year!

@FushiaKat Nice loss! Way to stay the course. Mr. Snicket is ADORABLE! He sounds very inquisitive and smart lol. I love loaded baked potatoes. Your version sounds amazing!

@laurelfit57 LOL you would think, wouldn't you? It is easy to plan all those meals but when it comes down to it, if I don't start cooking in the morning, I don't have the energy to meal prep in the afternoon. :( A lot of times, I have to run my hubby to the hospital in the morning. But I have to do it, I have to somehow make it work. I can't keep gaining. Yay for the barley arriving! It was super weird with only 3 out of 14 in the office! It sounds like you had a great day! I do better eating-wise when I exercise, too. Ooh good thing you took your car in. Awww, Vannie is such a good girl! And so cute.

Hi all. This is my last day in the lonely office lol. Tomorrow, I work from home and I can tell you that I won't be very productive. It's super cold for Southern California, it's 49F outside right now (at 5:00 a.m.) with a high today of 57F. Some might think that is relatively warm but for us in SoCal, that's cold and time to put on the flannel pjs!

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesdays
    PW: 231.4
    CW: 232.2
    LTD: 15.8
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    @FusiaKat that baked potato sounds delish...I must try.

Username: lose4me71
    PW: 299.3
    CW: 299.5
    I seem to be going in the wrong direction.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @TeresaW1020 - how was your night out? Mine has been changed to a night in.....

@trooworld- I think I'm going to go for grace for myself this week and get back to good habits next week. Most of the crap food is gone, so that's a good thing. What are you making for New Years?

@leonadixon - Hope you had a nice holiday and that the work stress eases off soon.

@FushiaKat - Oh my! Mr Snicket is SUPER cute! And he sounds like a handful..... Very exciting that you need some smaller clothes!

@laurelfit57 - we will do better next week and even if we are not all the way there at that point, we'll be going in the right direction. I'm glad I'm not completely off the rails right now, just not all the way back on plan yet. That is such a cute pic of Vannie! What a good girl!

Well folks, one of my distractions this week has been a mild cold. This morning I did an at home Covid test and it was positive. (I'm vaccinated). I don't feel too bad. Be careful out there.... this omicron seems like trouble. At this time, no one else is sick here, so that is great news!

Lisa

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @FushiaKat Mr. Snicket is so cute and I can see the feisty in his face. :grin: That loaded baked potato sounds sooo good! Keep up the great work you are doing and you will be in a medium before you know it. :)

@laurelfit57 Ohhh sweet Vannie! She is saying, “mama, please don’t leave me!” :grin: I’m glad you were able to get your car fixed. Good job on those macros and doing your spin class. My exercise has all but stopped and I need to get back to it.

@trooworld that really is cold temperatures where you are at. I don’t blame you for wanting to stay home and relax. I can imagine when you are used to working with a bunch of people it would be weird to not have them around. I’ve gotten used to working alone and I love it. Girl, we are both going to get our act together after this month and get our gains to start being losses again! ;)

@Cornanda Yikes, sorry that you tested positive! Hopefully, since you are vaccinated you will recover much quicker. Our cases are way up here, so I’m glad that I got the booster shot. My night out was great! The lights in the botanical garden were super impressive and this being their first year, I imagine it will only get better. We ate at our favorite brewery, so it was a fun night. I’m sorry yours got changed to a night in. Be well! <3

Hi Team! It’s a rainy and dreary day here. I went to work to learn more bookkeeping stuff. It being the end of the year there is a whole lot more stuff to do and I’m just praying my note-taking is good enough so I can remember how to do it next year when I’m all on my own. :grin: I went to Aldi after work and now I’m just hanging out and waiting for our new mattress to finally arrive. I can’t believe we had to wait so long and I’m really hoping it will help my back. I also have to get back to working out, which helps me back. This whole hubby having cancer thing has really thrown me off my schedule. :|
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi MS.... You have another member joining you ... Please welcome @fatfifties :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @gem_t_86 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    A new member joining you soon .....Please welcome @3duffs :)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    edited December 2021
    @FushiaKat it is a great feeling when you have to go out and get new clothes! Cleaning out your closet and realizing just how far you’ve come, is very inspiring! That potato sounds delicious!

@trooworld your weather sounds heavenly🤣. I am not the greatest at weekly meal prep, I do better at making up a lot of food and freezing it.

@Cornanda I am so sorry to hear that you have Covid! They were saying on the news tonight that over 70% of people with the new variant are all fully vaccinated! They are also saying though, that symptoms are much more minor, hopefully that will stay the same in your case♥️. Glad no one else in the house has come down with it.

@TeresaW1020 sounds like you had a super fun night! I can only imagine, how much of a loop your husband‘s cancer has thrown you for! Please do make sure to take good care of yourself. One of my biggest reasons for working out is my bad back, it does make all the difference in the world. I’m sure the new mattress is going to be ever so helpful!
    My son and daughter-in-law to be ordered a new sectional, they won’t get it until June! This supply chain issue is really crazy.

I did make sure to get in my 10,000 steps today, eating was good and on point, although I must admit I had a very relaxed day. I didn’t sleep that well last night so might get up and go kind of got up and left. It was the coldest day yet today, -41° with the windchill. I just ran over to my moms for a few minutes, she lives in a seniors place about five minutes away. Their sprinkler systems went off in the basement, due to the cold weather and three fire trucks arrived! It was all very exciting, especially because most of those people haven’t been out since Christmas Day due to the cold weather. 🤣
    The last few days, I have been struggling with wanting to eat at night. Last night I had a sourdough bun, dipped it in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, can I just say it was delicious, but so not what I needed! Snacking at nine used to be a really bad habit of mine, I cured it by taking up crocheting. Today I found a scarf that I had been working on last spring, I have taken it up again! I know I need to keep my hands busy while I’m watching TV :-). Fingers crossed this will work again
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    @Cornanda I'm sorry you tested positive, you're the 4th person today who said they tested positive.

I had a relativity slow day; I took a long leisurely bath with a bath bomb that I got for Christmas (I actually got a lot of them, it was buy one get a box free). It was divine! I was so relaxed after my bath.

I need to start working on my wish list for valentines and my birthday (4 days after Valentine's Day) in February. I come up with some stuff and make a wish list for my hub and he chooses what to buy from the list. But there are also generalities, like I would like a Gold Necklace.

I did not believe that I lost over 3 pounds last week but today the scale confirmed it was true.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @adoglover Welcome to Slimpossibles!
    @ppmusic06 Welcome to the gang my friend! Congratulations on getting your degree, that's what mine is in as well.

@FushiaKat and @jnoe3622 Welcome to the gang!

@FushiaKat I think you love cats even more than I do, 7, wow! My ex-boyfriend just moved out with his two, there were four total. I don't miss him at all but really miss his cats! Then I feed a feral too. Congratulations on your weight loss, here comes goal in 2022! Don't even mention coyotes, they killed a couple of the ferals and I cried like you wouldn't believe, I had to bury one I had TNRed and it was terrible.

@TeresaW1020 The botanical gardens sound awesome, have fun! I'm sorry to hear about your husband's surgery, that's so frustrating when you just want to get it over with and recover. Huge hug and prayers.

@laurelfit57 Holy cow it's cold there! I'm the same way when people stay here, it's hard for me to sleep. I hope your car is back to normal (just saw it was a valve) and it warms up, I'm wearing long john's under my jeans when I leave the house to help with my nerve pain and it's not even freezing here! It looks like Vannie is perfectly behaved sitting on that square! I'd have the biggest smile if I saw that in Home Depot.

@shawetan Welcome to the gang! I hope you come to love this group as much as I do. I can answer on the smaller challenges, I work out at home and am disabled and can do a lot of them, they vary from making changes to workouts so you should be golden!

@Cornanda I can think of one you forgot, give me your hand so I can pull you back on the wagon! I had a pizza party last night and I'm so tempted to go make a fat bowl of popcorn but I know that's a slippery slope (haha, another!). I hope you feel better, just read about COVID, take good care of yourself.

@FushiaKat Holy cow, Mr. Snicket looks like my Jasper, is he part Maine Coon? He's beautiful! Congratulations on your weight loss!

@cybernurse251 Welcome to the Slimpossibles team, can't wait to get to know you!

@trooworld I know I'm super pathetic being in the Sacramento area in long johns, the rain is making my pain awful and it's been two darned weeks. I'm ready to move to Death Valley at this point.

@Fatfifties @gem_t_86 @3duffs Welcome to Slimpossibles!

Looks like our team is packed full and ready to charge into 2022 like the champs we are, woot woot!

Sorry for the huge response, I had some things going on the last few nights. My nephew's 13th birthday was the 26th and we went out for pizza then back for cake. I got a ridiculous amount of candy and food for Christmas, I was so happy I was making headway on the candy and my Mom handed me a loaf of persimmon bread last night, she was upset she couldn't find persimmons and I got her a bunch so I guess that was her thank you, it's real good but all this sugar and carbs does a huge number on my pain and these storms won't leave so I'm hating winter right now. My Mom is German and on the 1st we're having pork and sourkraut so I won't be on my usual diet until the 2nd which is my three year anniversary since I cracked down and got serious. If anyone is interested Yoga With Adrienne on You Tube is having a 30 day challenge starting soon.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @FushiaKat Here's a picture of Jasper, I was going to post one around the same age as yours but they're on my laptop and I can't access it right now. He was feral and trapped hence the ear tipping on him and his brother, I don't get why they did that if they were going up for adoption but it makes them even cuter to me.

ubp6ioxga17k.jpg
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    Hi, just like to introduce myself. Im Lis, i live in Spain but am from the uk. Im a yo yo dieter! Was in this group in 2017 and lost 80lb. Well guess what, by August 2021 i was back up 80lb to 276lb. Ive logged in to mfp for over 100 days and lost 42lb... now needing a bit more support and accountability so very happy to have found this group still running!! Look forward to getting fit with you in 2022😍
  • trooworld
    @lose4me71 Me too. At least you only gained .2, if you sneeze that will probably come off! :D

@Cornanda That sounds like a good plan. I am making Reuben Pigs in Blankets (https://haverecipes-willcook.blogspot.com/2014/01/reuben-pigs-in-blankets.html), @TeresaW1020 's Ultimate Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball (https://www.thechunkychef.com/bacon-ranch-cheese-ball-recipe/) and Smoky Turmeric Chicken Wings (http://www.primallyinspired.com/smoky-turmeric-chicken-wings/). The wings, I'm only semi-following the directions, I'm going to make them in the air fryer instead of the oven. ;) Oh gosh, I'm sorry about the positive COVID test. I'm glad the symptoms are mild. I hope the rest of the family stays negative!

@TeresaW1020 Yes! And yes, it was weird but it was also nice because I didn't have people coming into my office interrupting me lol. Yes, I'm going to start the new year out strong! How was your first night on the new mattress?

@laurelfit57 LOL it is a nice change from the sunny warm weather but I can only take so much! Freezing your prep is a good idea. Great job on the steps and eating. Oh gosh that is cold! That's great that you picked up crocheting again. I bet it will work.

@FushiaKat That's a good idea to make a list to choose from. That's great that you lost 3 lbs!

@cybernurse251 @gem_t_86 @3duffs Welcome to the team! I'm glad you joined!

@Katmary71 Hugs to you, my friend. I thought about you with the rainy weather and wondered if you were having the same. We are having pork and cabbage and apples for New Year's Day. I love Yoga with Adrienne. I might have to check that out. The pic of Jasper is adorable! What a cutie.

@Fatfifties Welcome to the group! Congrats on your loss, that is awesome!

Hi all. Looking forward to a chill day at home today. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon with gift cards from Christmas so that will be fun to get 10 packages lol. Have a great day!

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,899 Member
    Another new member coming your way - welcome @roz0810 :smiley:
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Hi! Just a quick pop in today.

I'm feeling OK, mostly just like a cold with some extra fatigue. Still all clear on the other family members. I've noticed that I don't have much of an appetite, so that's a win! I've gone for a walk every day, but cancelled my other exercise for this week.

We are planning to grill some steaks for New Years. Wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2022!

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @laurelfit57 I’m sure that was very exciting for your mom and the other people to have the fire trucks arrive to save the day. I hope there wasn’t much damage done to the basement. Wow, that is an insane wind chill temp! I agree that keeping our hands busy is a great tip to keep from snacking in the evenings. I used to do a lot of cross stitching but now I just sit with my phone and plan Candy Crush while watching TV. :grin:

@FushiaKat Yayyy on your 3 lb. loss! I think giving our hubby’s a wish list is a great idea. I do that for my husband as well. My mom gave me shower bombs that have been nice to use. :)

@Katmary71 We always say that Christmas is just one day but then we get tons of food and candy that last into the New Year. My mom bought me a huge box of chocolate-covered cherries for Christmas. I love them and have been eating a few every day in the hopes they will be gone by New Year’s Day. :grin: I love sauerkraut so I would fit right into your family! Jasper is so cute!! <3

@fatfifties Welcome to the team! Congrats on working on getting the weight back off. 42 lbs in 100 days are incredible!! I find staying in an accountability group a great way to stay motivated and on track. At least until the holidays roll around. :D

@trooworld I NEED Reuben Pigs in a blanket!! Your menu sounds yummy. The first night on the new mattress was great. It’s harder than we like but we knew that would be the case until it gets broken in a bit. My back was much improved this morning and I know once I get back to my workouts it will be even better. Enjoy your Amazon packages!! Did you order anything that you are particularly excited about? :)

@Cornanda I’m glad that you aren’t feeling too awful. Just get a lot of rest and yeah, not having an appetite is probably a good thing. Hopefully, you will have one for those steaks! ;)

Good morning, Team! It is super dreary and rainy today. We had some big thunderstorms roll through in the middle of the night, which got Maggie Mae barking her head off. Most annoying! We went to the hospital and did hubby’s pre-op for his surgery on Monday. We are both nervous but also working on having a good attitude and saying our prayers. o:) I’m planning to chill the rest of the day and think about my New Year plan to get back on my weight loss journey. Since my word for 2022 is INTENTION, I guess I better act like it. ;)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    @Katmary71 OMG Jasper is adorable! <3 He looks a bit like Mr. Snicket. I don't know about Mr. Snicket somebody dropped him off in the neighborhood and he found his way to our yard. I took him to the vet they said he was 8 months old. Once we brought him in, he never tried to leave. He's very fluffy and soft, and he makes the loveliest trill sounds. He currently chases all the other cats. Our oldest cat is Tessie and she's 11 and on thyroid medication twice a day. The vet said that happens to older cats.

I am also a disabled and a stay-at-home person. I do not exercise, because that makes me hurt, and I hurt enough already. I only walk about 3500 steps a day. I live in Southern CA and to me it's really cold here and rained most of the day yesterday. I sleep on a heated mattress pad, it's a life saver for painful joints and body aches. It has dual controls so hub can set his how he likes it, and my side can be extra warm. LOL all of our cats want to be on my side of the bed.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi MS...You have a returning member heading your way .. Please welcome back @gwamajtw91 :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    @jugar thank you very much.

Hi everyone I'm Roz. 28, married with two cats. I've been here before but needed some time off. Back again though and started again on boxing day because I didn't want to wait till new year 😁 Down 4.2lbs so far. Looking forward to being a part of this group. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.