Trans woman looking for support and encouragement.

Options
Rosie_McA
Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
I transitioned more than one year ago both socially and in the workplace, and I've been on HRT for 14 months now. Over the last couple of years I drifted away from MFP, but as my hormone therapy has reduced my muscle mass, then the weight has steadily increased.
I have noticed that some fat redistribution has occurred around my bum, hips, and face (which I like), but unfortunately most of it seems to go to my waistline!
The explanation it seems is that from now on I really need to follow a cisgender woman's calorie intake. Here to ask for support and give it back where I can.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the estrogen laden party!!!!

track for several weeks, then average things out...even with all the formulas, it's better to start with an individual average since everyone is a bit different in terms of what they can eat to maintain/lose/gain.
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the estrogen laden party!!!!
    track for several weeks, then average things out...even with all the formulas, it's better to start with an individual average since everyone is a bit different in terms of what they can eat to maintain/lose/gain.
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm sure I will need to do a fair bit of tweaking, but simply following a male profile will not get me to my goals. Hormones are quite something.
  • hydrolady
    hydrolady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I joined MFP to reduce my weight as well. And yes, hormones are quite something :) ! Glad to see other transwomen in the community! I limit strength training to chores basically and focus on cardio, cardio, and squats :D. I also joined a plan on this site about macro nutrient tracking, which everyone else probably already knows about, but it helped me wonders. I am now limiting carbs (sadly) and increasing protein slightly. I also started eating only from noon to 8:00 and try to have supper ready by 6:00. I found this to help me, but I realize this isn't for everyone. Before, we would eat rather late around here as we spend a lot of time working outside, and eating early in the summer time feels like burning daylight. I also switched out late ice cream (sadly also) with lunch desert if I feel I've been good enough to deserve a treat :).
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome
  • PattiCruisin
    PattiCruisin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    He ladies, I just joined MFP this weekend and was looking/hoping for exactly this. I am so happy to find other trans ladies out there on the MFP path. I am 42, parent of 4. Married for 19 years and counting. We eat late, we eat fast junky food, and we both have gained a lot...

I am open to friend requests and motivation/accountability partners. I also would love to chat with other Transwomen on the journey to living out their truth. I am only now pretty early in the process so talking it out always helps...

Thanks everyone,

-Patti