Please share what you are looking for

Options
2»

Replies

• Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Looking for support. Ready to support someone with similar issues as myself.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Great
    You came to the right place, just sent you a FR
  • Twomirrors
    Twomirrors Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm here for accountability from queer community. Also looking for trans guys to have as lifting buds. Friend me!
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    To make actual consistent friends who won't drop off? Want to be added as a friend but only if you are going to stay :) Health is a lifestyle change not something to give up on or quit just because it's hard.
  • natsmom118
    natsmom118 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Need lgbt mfp friends:)
  • Tito_Tim
    Tito_Tim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    New here on MFP, looking for friends to keep me accountable, and hopefully add some silliness to each other's days. I am a refugee from SparkPeople. Was a member there since like 2008, and they went to a US only based system last month?! Left a lot of us homeless...

I guess I just need a hug ha ha B)
  • Babyvirgo21
    Babyvirgo21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Accountability
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Today I figured out how to add friends in this new version...when it works...I'm getting a lot of "page not found" trying to get from the group profile page to the MFP profile page...which kind of sucks...

However, I was looking at this thread, and January is almost over, and I was kind of wondering to myself, what do I really want this year and what am I really looking for in the groups in general and this group in particular...

2022...fitness goals...

my usual yearly goal is to stay active with a balance of strength, flexibility, and cardio...this is good, my primary goal for fitness is to be able to do the things I want to do as I get older, and that doesn't happen by accident, it's very use it or lose it as you age...

my secondary goal is pure vanity...I have a relatively nice hourglass figure for a gal my age, but I am super tired of the middle age fluffy belly and love handles...this year in particular I'm ready for it to go...that means a whole year of not bulking, of eating at a calorie deficit, even over vacations and such, the whole year, no time off, it's a tall order for me since I like to relax from time to time and do maintenance or bulking deliberately, but none of that this year...the instant I start to maintain or bulk, the belly starts to grow and this is going to be an all shrinking belly year

my final goal (tertiary goal?) will be simply to drink less...I love my beers and wines and whiskies and assortment of cocktails but alcoholism runs strong in my family and I don't want to become that...I particularly don't want to become that just by being careless and drinking without thinking because drinks are tasty...I don't drink a lot but there are several nights a week I have a couple glasses of something, and that really needs to stop...plus, it will help with goal #2 to have less alcohol...so I'm going to set my goal to twice per month, which allows for special occasions, but doesn't allow for habitual weekly drinking

2022...group goals

really my biggest goal for this group is just to be here to support others if they need it...I've been doing the fitness and nutrition thing for 25 years now, so I'm pretty good with doing my thing and not needing extra support for the most part, but there are always some days that are more challenging than others, so it's nice to have a community available to reach out to on those bad days...plus, it's nice to be able to help others when they have questions if they are things I have information to share...

Hopefully 2022 will be awesome!!!
  • AresAntares
    AresAntares Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking for more friends! IRL workout/hiking buddies would be awesome (in Tennessee). Open to conversations about fitness/weightlifting with other LGBT folks, near and far. Feel free to add me on here. Or IG @ tessellation.garden
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,367 Member
    Options
    cincisk8r wrote: »
    To make actual consistent friends who won't drop off? Want to be added as a friend but only if you are going to stay :) Health is a lifestyle change not something to give up on or quit just because it's hard.

I’m relatively consistent. I’ll send you a friend request.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,367 Member
    Options
    LGBTQ+ positive friends on my feed! PLEASE SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST

One person I’ve been following almost since I joined MFP just posted a not great opinion about trans athletes and it was a low point in my day. I’ll be unfriending them asap. And I don’t want to repeat the mistake.