Losing 4 days of training

Sorry about the long rant - but I really need to process this, and this seems as good of place to do it as any.

Had a bit of a health scare yesterday. Incredibly painful headache came out of nowhere after I got back from the gym (Sitting down and not doing anything exciting at all - just went from fine to a VERY INTENSE level pain in about 15 seconds), lasted about 15 minutes then felt kinda funky for the rest of the day.

Dr. Google says I'm either fine (probably) or might be dying. The recommendation was to call 911, go to ER, get a laundry list of tests including CT, MRI, MRA, Lumbar puncture to rule out the small chance that I might have a tumor or aneurysm.

I decided I am NOT going to the ER, exposing myself to COVID central and going into debt and subjecting myself to so many tests over a slight chance like that. The risk of going into debt (100% chance), getting admitted and likely exposed to covid, getting poked and prodded for who knows how long far outweighs the chance that it's something serious. No thank you.

So I am trying to play it as safe as I can short of going to ER. Taking the next 4 days off from training until I can see my Dr (I scheduled an appointment), and see what he wants me to do to get cleared to resume training.

Missing Black belt class today was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

I will keep stretching and do visualization work - but no basics, no kick work, no forms, no lifting, no running. No hikes.

I need to find the resolve to get through this.

Replies

• Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Just got off the phone with my GP (they had a cancellation and I jumped on it), and I'm cleared to resume training!

Let the fun resume!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Oh my word! That is scary stuff!

I'm glad you are good to go again though