Post Your Pics Here for the New Year, 2022!

I have started a 30 day art challenge and will be posting some pics from that. ๐Ÿ˜
ยซ1

Replies

• beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 872 Member
    Dang, I can't figure out how to post my hand drawn art yet!
  • KRENTX
    KRENTX Posts: 1,309 Member
    Take a photo with your phone. Send it to your pc. Upload from there. That's what I do. If you use your phone for everything, you should be able to upload the photo of your art, just like you do the art you have been doing. Good luck.
  • KRENTX
    edited January 2022
    wc2pbn5vi7x7.jpg

This is a WIP (Work In Progress) Gouache on watercolor paper. Blocked in. Now to add the details. You can see the blue tape where I have the paper taped to a panel to keep it from buckling while it's still wet. It's all about layers. I'll post the finished painting when it's done.
  • beccaboo1276414
    I have a lot to learn from you! Beautiful!
  • beccaboo1276414
    I started this with oil based colored pencils and then added some acrylic paint to it. It took me 3 false starts to get to where I could not try to control the pic and just let it happen. The focus is on fun.

olz0jbu0cxtb.jpg
  • KRENTX
    Congratulations on uploading your art! NOT being in control is hard to learn when you're trying to create art! But it is really what lets you create and if you keep doing it you just get better and better! I learned to do that with watercolor but if I don't watch it I fall back into trying to control it. Watercolor is alive and has a mind of its own if you let it flow!
  • KRENTX
    edited January 2022
    It's hard to get a good photo when something is already framed behind glass. This is watercolor, being free to do its thing. You see those "rays" in the sky? They weren't painted there. Plain water was applied to the paper so it was very wet. Then watercolor paint in different colors was spread or dropped there with a brush. When the difference in the wetness of the paper and the wetness of the paint it just right, the pigment moves across the paper like it's alive! Sometimes it comes out in a very nice way and makes you feel really special!

When you practice a lot and get really good at this, you can control the effect without controlling the watercolor, lol. Control having no control. Have I confused you? I'm often confused but that what makes great surprises in art.

8x81cmg9qu64.jpg
  • beccaboo1276414
    ๐Ÿ˜ beautiful!
  • beccaboo1276414
    I updated my Samsung and am having problems uploading pics again...sheesh!
  • KRENTX
    Darn! I want to see your new artwork!
  • KRENTX
    BECCA, I started and Arts And Crafts thread on our low carb group. Please post some of your art there!
  • beccaboo1276414
    7d5lsrw5ww8d.jpg

My first attempt at neurographic art!
  • beccaboo1276414
    KRENTX wrote: ยป
    wc2pbn5vi7x7.jpg

This is a WIP (Work In Progress) Gouache on watercolor paper. Blocked in. Now to add the details. You can see the blue tape where I have the paper taped to a panel to keep it from buckling while it's still wet. It's all about layers. I'll post the finished painting when it's done.

Thanks for letting me know the purpose of the tape! I will be doing a water color soon, and will do that with my water color paper. Did you use painters tape, and does that work well?
  • beccaboo1276414
    Fierce!

dqa3yecbybu5.png
  • KRENTX
    I really like the looks of this woman!
    Did you enjoy the neurographic art? I love it!
  • beccaboo1276414
    Yes I do! The leader said I had a strong composition on my first pic! It's just a Stark charcoal line on white paper--one continuous line.
  • KRENTX
    6h5jd7c0l5kv.jpg
  • beccaboo1276414
    I am going to try to do another one tomorrow! I've been fighting fatigue like no other lately. It's the pits!

I am supposed to start another 30 day challenge tomorrow on FB. We will be drawing/painting a seaside scene.

I'd like to do mine in chalk, but I don't have chalk yet. It may just be done in pencil and charcoal.

I can lightly sketch it in pencil and try some watercolors perhaps.
  • KRENTX
    I've never tried charcoal or chalk. Closest thing I've tried is pastels but it's a lot of trouble to "fix" them so you can frame them. They need to be protected for the art to last. I'd love to see your sketch however you do it! Can't wait!
  • beccaboo1276414
    I guess I meant pastels.... lol!

• beccaboo1276414
    6r9kte6i6n9w.png
  • KRENTX
    edited February 2022
    OK! lol I have some small sketches. Nothing fantastic. I'll look them up.

jmqsuf71ir0u.jpg

My very first time to use soft pastels on paper.
  • KRENTX
    j58i4bhrnn8s.jpg

I love, love, love that bird you colored!

Is your art challenge in pastels?
  • beccaboo1276414
    I find it amazing that you've been doing wonderful art for years! I put away my creative self when life seemed to get too busy. I am only now learning to go back to it.

My art challenge is in whatever I want. It's a beach scene. I could even do it in pencil. Now, if I can start! lol
  • KRENTX
    Becca, I too struggle with that BLOCK. I have the urge. I often know I can do it. But actually DOING it still plagues me. I tell myself how much better I would be if I just painted a little every day. Or three times a week. Or ONCE a week! Yet sometimes I go for months without doing it. I still look at art for a couple of HOURS every single day. And tell myself just DO it! If it makes you feel any better, I follow professional artists on Instagram with an enormous body of work in their past, who suddenly dry up, become blocked and can't paint. Eventually they come back. It's hard to imagine that people who have been successfully producing art that others BUY for years and years, get that same block.

Maybe we'll encourage each other!
  • KRENTX
    This is all of my pastel efforts. One thing I learned from watching videos that might help you when you create with pastels is that you need to spray with fixative or it will smear. Or you can frame in behind glass. Anyway, you don't need to buy a fixative. Hairspray works!

b68b189kbw97.jpg
    jbdibzj4vf50.jpg
    un4ixkn6m3l3.jpg
  • KRENTX
    I found one more, lol. Last one I did.
    xl6ojn7a51er.jpg
  • beccaboo1276414
    I like your art and your attitude! It makes me believe I can do it!
  • beccaboo1276414
    cxzjdnrsctql.png
  • beccaboo1276414
    I went on a tear using Happy Color today with my android phone. It relaxes me, unless it is too detailed oriented. :)