Replies

• ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 30 minutes swimming, 45 minutes walking
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

Sleep can be a real problem for me. My sleep problems and afternoon or evening exhaustion was largely what made me believe I needed to retire from my job and focus on my health-- even though I really did not have any kind of diagnosis that supported my belief that something was seriously wrong with my health, just such a struggle with fatigue. It is better now that I have retired, but in several months, my Fitbit sleep score has only once been an ¨excellent¨ and twice been ¨good¨, generally the best I get are ¨fair¨ and occasionally ¨poor.¨

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    pass day
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Pass day 2/3. No exercise over calories, but tracked
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    11/02/2022
    Exercise – yes bike ride, gym and cardio
    Tracked – yes
    Calories – yes
    No pass days yet.
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Feb 11
    Exercise: 15 minutes MommaStrong, 20 minute walk
    Tracking: Planned the day
    Calories: Followed the plan, but with too many extra nibbles
    So, Pass Day 3

For my own processing, I think the problem was not being prepared for dinner. Also eating oatmeal for snack rather than a protein snack. That set me up for being extra hungry at dinner time. But I was trying to get just one thing done before dinner and then suddenly the chinese takeout for the rest of the family was here and I hadn't made my own dinner yet. That triggered my old panic about not getting to eat (from pregnancy when if I didn't eat I would throw up and early motherhood when I was nursing and always so hungry and often didn't have time to eat enough), and so while I was cooking I couldn't resist nibbling at their food, which was not the plan. I made myself a delicious dinner and had plenty of time to eat it, showing that the anxiety was unwarranted.

Lesson: Next time don't try to do "one last thing" - just start prepping your dinner at 5.

Re: sleep. At this point in my life I am able to prioritize getting enough sleep, which is fantastic! I had many years there where I just couldn't, because of a dog and kids and a long commute. I had years where I just fantasized about sleep constantly. Now I get 7.5 hours a night generally which is enough.

When I am in a thyroid flare I need much more - like 9 or 10. For the past week or so I have been coming out of that and trying to figure out how much I need. If I try to get more sleep than I need then I deal with insomnia, which is just annoying.

As I reset my routine after the thyroid flare I am realizing that my whole morning routine does not fit in the time allotted for it in the morning, and realizing I am going to have to make some decisions about that...
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    jjjcat wrote: »
    Fri Feb 11

@donna25trinity I am a big believer in sleep! They also say that poor sleep will work against attempts to lose weight. I have recently been going to sleep with sleep meditation music and it works really well.

Exercise: Yes - 30 minute dog walk and 30 minute Body Balance work out
    Tracked all: Yes
    Calories under: Yes

(0 pass days used)

Great idea!!! It's so good wen we find wat works 4 us right! Xo
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @Caroline_slowandsteady I also have Hashimoto but I never was aware of thyroid flare. I just take my medicine in the morning and that is. I am just wondering why I don't have the same issues
  • vgstigum
    vgstigum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feb 11th

Exercise: Yes - Hike in the woods on a beautiful day
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    (1 pass day used )
    47o5bs6e5iai.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,443 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    Feb 11
    Exercise: 🐱‍🏍 ( arms 10 mins / balance 5 mins / exergame 30 game-mins plus additional general steps/ total steps 8,106)
    Logged all: 🐱‍🏍(some after-the-fact; what had to be guestimated was guesstimated high)
    In Range: 🙈
    (🐱‍👤 = 3yes day; 🙈 = pass day )
    🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤
    🐱‍👤🙈🐱‍👤🙈

If I had logged the ice-cream late snack BEFORE eating it, I would have realized that my attempt to keep an unexpected total reset of pre-logged supper within bounds WOULD have been able to accommodate it. I didn't log it until next morning. If I had KNOWN it was still ok ... both Inner-Instant Gratification Monkey and I would have been satisfied with the outcome at the same time.

Inner-IGM "presumed" that it would have put me over ... and since it had be "deprived" of what a normal home-assembled pizza serving would be (and normally that kind of supper would have been on a day when the rest of the day's eating could have easily accommodated the larger serving) ... reached for ADDITIONAL snack-items as well just because .....

Inner-IGM has been a bit more active than usual on multiple fronts lately (not just food related) lately. Gotta take a closer look at possible redirect strategies that will work for both of us.
  • donna25trinity
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Great opener @donna25trinity!

Sleep (!) may be the most important habit because:

1. Easier to cook & eat wisely & regulate food intake when tested.
    2. More likely to em exercise or even for longer if rested.
    3. Better ability to handle stressors effectively when tested.

I created a new sleep habit based on my doctors recommendation- (off devices & tv 2 hours before bedtime, read (non device) book the last hour before bedtime - it worked GREAT!

However my husband goes to sleep before me & sleeps longer in AM & I kissed having my phone. However, I’d noticed I woke up exactly 7’hours after I fell asleep, whenever that was, so I relaxed about the whole deal. I get enough sleep.

My late afternoon walks definitely help me fall asleep along with no caffeine.

Thanks!
    Maddie

@MadisonMolly2017 Great lil routine u hve there mads, I'm still working mine out to try to find the sweet spot with the exact hours I need. Since I hve increased my sleep this week I def feel 1000% better. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    February 11
    ✅✅✅
    0 pass days used

A good night's sleep for me is generally between 7.5 and 9 hours. Any less and I'm tired and have the wrong mindset. Any more and I just seem to feel tired all day.

Prior to 2014 I did not sleep regularly at all. Since then I'm a real stickler about proper sleep after realizing the benefits. Of course some times it isn't possible but I try to limit that to one night very infrequently.

I totally can relate to this @WhatMeRunning , wen I was In a role at work a few years ago I was super stressed and thought that was why I was such a mess now I look back on it with my recent experiment with early rising I realise that the stress back then was a huge part but what the main issue was the lack of sleep due to the stress..So long story short ur right we need to be super disciplined about sleep. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    February 11
    ❌❌❌

today was a bust all the way around. I worked both jobs yesterday and today, and I'm just exhausted. I'm also the bookkeeper for my little 1-woman massage business - and with today being payday, I just couldn't get my books to balance. I know I'm just tired and stressed out.....but I'm beyond frustrated! I'm tired, I have a headache, and didn't sleep well last night. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Hope u are feeling better @Mrs_hoffer xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    jmu1965 wrote: »
    February 11 0 pass days used
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 30 minutes of HASFit. Tomorrow I am going to do a 20 minute ShineDance fitness workout I saw today
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    I average 7 hours of sleep per night according to my Fitbit. I am usually in bed by 8:30 and up at 4:30. I get up at least one time to go to the bathroom.
    I put away my phone at 8. I then get on the floor and stretch.

@jmu1965 oh niceeee we are on the same routine he he the 4.20am rise and in bed at 8.30am is wat i tried last week and it seemed to be really good for me! Hubby walks in the door from work at 8pm as he is currently doing the late shift so I wld be lying if I said it was tempting to stay up with him but I'm staying strong. Lol! Xo