February 14

Options
13»

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    Feb 14

Exercise: 🐱‍🏍 (lots of exergame plus other walking (like listening to audiobook and pacing before work, and on cordless phone and pacing for daily chat with mom) total steps 11989
    Logged all: 🐱‍🏍
    In Range: 🐱‍🏍
    (🐱‍👤 = 3yes day; 🙈 = pass day )
    🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤
    🐱‍👤🙈🐱‍👤🙈🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤

No chocolate today (after those two 🙈 days - which each included an unmeasured handful of Barkthins - I feel it's better to leave the next bag of Barkthins sealed a while longer) But I DID receive a dozen fresh roses.
  • vgstigum
    vgstigum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Monday Feb 14

Exercise: Yes - walked the dog; Sydney Cummings Focus Day 4. Sydney always ends each workout with a motivational talk. Today's talk was especially motivating and inspiring
    Tracked all: Maybe not quite everything
    Calories under: No

After I posted on Sunday, the 13th, when I thought I was done eating, I ended up snacking, so I went over my calorie count for the day

(4 pass days used): Time to get back on the bus and back on target.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    yyy
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @makattack220 I take my scale too.. no judgment here.. easy to pack and I like the data.

Have a great trip! Definitely recommend planning to stay within maintenance calories versus trying to be on holiday and be in a deficit (assuming you are normally). Gets rid of a lot of the feelings of trying to fight a totally uphill battle to me.

Happy early birthday. I get the concern but stick to the habits you've set as best you can, enjoy yourself and remember that what makes the difference is what happens most of the year!

Thank you @ashleycarole86 !😁 What a great idea - I truly didn't think about changing my calorie target temporarily to maintenance calories for the weekend. Love it! :) That feels like a realistic way to enjoy the trip and still stick with my daily habits of tracking/logging.
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »

I have a little weekend holiday coming up Fri-Mon this week. I'm feeling nervous about staying on track while away. I'm going to pack my scale - yes, I feel this is the right decision for me although I understand that may seem crazy to some (ahem, my partner included) - and I've come up with a plan to get morning movement in: walk down the street to a coffee shop. This is a trip I take annually for my birthday and this is the first year I will be looking at it a whole new way: being mindful of my choices with food/movement/accountability rather than just saying: TREAT YO SELF. (Any Office fans out there? Pretzel Day!) I'd love to hear from anyone with advice, suggestions, etc. I just love this group and am so grateful for all of you!💗

@makattack220 First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I'm going away this weekend as well (for hubby's birthday!) and although I'm not bringing my food scale with us this time (I have in the past!) I do plan to continue to log every single thing and work to stay under my calorie goal. I'm in more of a maintenance mode right now - so my cal goal is a little higher than it was when I was trying to lose. But GOOD FOR YOU for bringing your food scale with you! My hubby knows that I'm all about doing WHATEVER IT TAKES in order to keep my weight off and stay on track, and he's very supportive of me - whatever my "plan" looks like at the moment!! ;) (I say that, because he's pointed out in the past that my "plan" often changes! LOL.) He's such a sweetie and I'm very lucky to have him! <3

Thank you @Mrs_Hoffer !💗 I hope you have a great weekend away, too! It's nice to know you and @ashleycarole86 pack scales, too. I should have specified I meant bodyweight scale but you know what, I would absolutely be packing my food scale too if we were in a place we could cook. How awesome that your hubs is such a great source of support! My partner is coming around and I too have had many "plan" changes over the years... I've found the more consistent I am at (kindly) asking for his support, letting him know my plan, and actually sticking with my plan the easier it seems for him to be on board.

You guys are awesome - thank you for the kind words and support!💗
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,628 Member
    Options
    Exercise no
    Tracking yes
    Calories no (but close)
    Unable to exercise per dr due to calf muscle issue-can’t wait to get back
    Pass days 6/3?
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    02/14/2022
    Exercise? Yes (I think I should get extra credit for hoofing it to the PO and back to work in heels and still leave myself time to cook and eat lunch. LOL)
    Tracking? Yes.
    Calories? It could have been worse, but no, I didn't meet my calorie goals.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Mrs_Hoffer !💗 I hope you have a great weekend away, too! It's nice to know you and @ashleycarole86 pack scales, too. I should have specified I meant bodyweight scale but you know what, I would absolutely be packing my food scale too if we were in a place we could cook. How awesome that your hubs is such a great source of support! My partner is coming around and I too have had many "plan" changes over the years... I've found the more consistent I am at (kindly) asking for his support, letting him know my plan, and actually sticking with my plan the easier it seems for him to be on board.

You guys are awesome - thank you for the kind words and support!💗

I actually meant bodyweight scale too, but as I read @Mrs_Hoffer 's update I thought to myself "oh yes, I have taken my food scale too!"

I only usually take my food scale if my holiday is to a family member's house (like my dad). Otherwise, I am usually just doing an estimation when I'm out (and erring on the side of caution).

All that to say - have a great time, do what works for you, and we can't wait to hear how you make out :)
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

I didn’t have any candy! I stayed under my goals. I prepared and even resisted when my son handed me a small box of chocolate
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes hour swimming and an hour walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yea
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Feb 14
    I'm going to call it a 5th pass day
    Exercise: Half hour walk
    Tracking: Planned the day - not the night before, as is ideal, but before each meal
    Calories: I was doing well right up until bedtime snack, which was Valentine's Day treats from a local bakery. That was estimated in the tracking of course, but I am pretty sure I ate more than estimated.

@donna25trinity I also have spent the last several months hovering around a number - which is not the number I ever wanted to be my goal weight, but is a steady number. When I try to lose more I sabotage and gain. I am trying what seems to be maintenance calories for a bit now to see how that goes. I think I may be accepting that thought I wanted to lose 45 pounds, and I was off to a great start losing 20 pounds without too much trouble (though over a period of almost 2 years), 25 pounds may be the max I can lose without being very hungry. But I'm going to hang out here for a bit and see how it goes before I decide that. Maybe I just need a break. Or maybe I can adjust downwards just a tiny bit and lose ever-so-slowly.

Thanks for responding and yep it's so frustrating right @Caroline_slowandsteady loosing weight in the start is sooo much easier!!! It sounds like u did the right thing by taking a break . I know wen i took a 3 month break it really helped me. I def noticed that after that the scale shifted downwards wen I went back to a deficit so hopefully that works for you too! I think where I went wrong was I got too greedy so once I got to my new goal weight I shld hve stopped and took a break but as u said I didn't then I self sabbataged!! Keep me posted with how it all goes, i hve no doubt that if u want to loose more u will fore sure. Xo
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,965 Member
    Options
    2/14
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Used 0
    3 passes remain

February goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging