Class and Practice Check-in for the week of Feb 14, 2022

Options
“The highest reward for a person’s toil is not what they get for it, but what they become of it.”

– John Ruskin

Replies

• Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Monday - 23min Yoga - Core session. Ow, ow ow ow. I hate core sessions. My core is very weak right now (actually it's always been weak) particularly my back. Made my back hurt all day, but I suppose it is good for me. No Judo today as we weren't going to have enough players to make it worth running the session. On the bright side it did mean that I got to spend the evening watching some rubbish films with the husband instead.
    Tuesday - 23min Yoga - Two hard session in a row. Felt my knee for the first time in a while. Not pain, just tightness and instability. Not sure if that's good or bad.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I also have a very weak core!

I have not done anything this week, despite my every intention. My youngest had a Science project that is due on Friday but apparently needed to be handed in today, so we worked all afternoon on that.

Today I am walking with a friend in the morning, probably around 5km. Then this afternoon I will be doing yesterday's arm and today's leg exercises with my eldest son.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Monday: Rest day (15 year anniversary - just can't quite convince the wife that I should be training!)
    Tuesday: Stretching, 45 minutes.
    Wednesday: Conditioning @ the gym
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Happy (belated) anniversary! Yeah, I'm kinda with your wife there. It's one day.

Today is the dreaded core for me
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I swear I checked in yesterday, apparently not!

Wednesday: 30min Yoga - Rest session. So glad for a rest day, was basically some meditation and very light stretches. Was difficult to get up this morning and on the mat so was rewarded when I did.
    Thursday: 26min Yoga - And back to it. Balance and leg work mostly today. Definitely judo appropriate exercises and especially good for my bad knee. Right leg is still weaker than the left, but I'm feeling it less obvious. Real test will be Saturday when I'm back on the mat

Congrats on your 15 years @Out_of_Bubblegum!
  • Versicolour
    Options
    I did my Saturday class today. It was some breakfalls and rolls and then some kata.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    My previous update didn't stick. :(

Friday: Conditioning and kick drills.

Saturday: 1 hr teaching private lesson in the park. Lots of examples and some qarm ups. Stretching later in the evening.

Sunday: Black belt class... 90 minutes practice test. I am Tired!