February 20

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Can I motivate my significant other to work out?

zn9183uhwhot.png
    “What should I do when my partner or spouse is unmotivated? I’m exercising more and making changes to my nutrition, but they’re having none of it. How do I get them on the same page?”
    Yeah, this can be tough, because our significant other’s habits have a HUGE impact on us.
    When our priorities don’t line up, this can create a lot of friction in the relationship.
    But should we address it?
    Can we actually make someone else change?
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,043 Member
    Happy birthday to you today @makattack220 🥳 Hope you are enjoying a wonderful trip and special time with your family.

skhsndh0slhv.jpeg
  • jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    Sunday Feb 20
    Exercise: Yes walking
    Tracked all: Yes
    Calories under: Yes
    (0 pass days used)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    edited February 2022
    ✅ Exercise: 82 mins
    ✅ Calories: under goal
    ✅ Tracked

Remaining pass days: 3️⃣

I don’t try to change my SO. It would be a waste of effort. However, I do plant subtle ideas, which often bear fruit.

Fortunately, when I started on this journey, he was fitter, and healthier than I was, so was very supportive of what I was trying to achieve.

He makes his own choices. I wouldn’t want it any other way.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,238 Member
    ✅ Exercise: 40 minutes walking, 40 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

I worked out for many years before my husband ever used our family gym membership. Now he is the one sometimes pushing me to get out and go with him when I would prefer to stay in and walk at home. I dont think it is necessary to do anything about their lack of desire to exercise, but at times their desire to do things with you will give them a little nudge.

However, I think it is fair that at times when you feel vulnerable, that you can insist that the other person not eat food in front of you that is not on your plan if there are other alternatives. They can eat whatever they want when you are not together, but they can at least distance the food that is not intended for you at home. Also, one of the advantages of being the primary cook is you can decide whats for dinner.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,527 Member
    edited February 2022
    2/3 pass days. Tracked logged exercised and enjoyed my Carmel chocolate waffle cookie ice cream I ate the whole thing now I am 🥶!

I have stopped trying so hard to get hubby motivated. I have decided that I will put that energy into me to become a healthier person. I can’t want it more then he does, he is an active person but has some habits I wish would go away. When he is ready to change he will, I know when I had my moment it changed me forever.
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,000 Member
    February 20. 2 pass days used
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 minute HASFit arm workout
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    A couple of comments regarding the topic. My husband doesn’t do a formal workout. He has always said he gets enough activity. This is my journey and if he wants to join me he can. He does eat my cooking so I know his diet is okay. 😁. I let him add the extra butter if he wants.
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    @makattack220 - Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a great day!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 40 minutes Peloton bike and 15 minutes stretching.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Happy Birthday @makattack220

I think people do what they want to do. The old saying is "you can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink". It is easier if your partner supports you in your journey. I'm lucky in that mine does. He will help me by encouraging me to exercise, or not give in to junk food, fill the tires up on my bike, skim the pool etc. If I cook a low calorie food that I want to save just for me, he will honour it. He doesn't cook very often and when he does it's not generally low calorie. A lot of times he cooks for himself and I cook for myself. We do not sit down and eat a formal supper together. Generally I eat dinner before him because I have acid reflux and am an insomniac. Therefore I like to eat about 3 hours before bed and a lot of times I'm in bed early in order to get a decent number of hours of sleep (broken up). He eats later than I do and goes to bed later.

I logged all but did go over and didn't exercise. I ate within maintenance calories though.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Yes x3. Really active and productive day ending with yoga. I’m thankful I’ve had very minor symptoms so far. Some sniffles and a bit of sneezing.
    My hubby has back and fatigue issues that hinder his activity level, but he likes to walk and bike. He does almost all the cooking but he’s incredibly picky and typically sticks to simple meat, veggies and a starch meals. It’s easy to make good choices based on the options and I’m thankful he’s supportive. He could make better food choices and I remind him of it, especially when I know it’ll lead to digestive issues (which he’s got problems with) but he makes his own choices (and deals with the consequences!)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Feb 20 (I WILL make Champion List! 🏆)

Exercise: 🐱‍👤 4th decent exergame day in a row
    Logged all: 🐱‍👤 6th day in a row
    In Range: 🐱‍👤 4th day in a row
    (🐱‍👤 = 3yes day; 🙈 = pass day )
    🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤
    🐱‍👤🙈🐱‍👤🙈🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤
    🙈🙈🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🐱‍👤

Pass days used: over 3
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    pass day
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,820 Member
    2/20
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

[Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-P-18-19-20

February goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging