Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,039 Member
edited April 2022 in Social Groups
jql00y8t5urf.png

Here is your Team chat room for March 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS: March runs from February 27 - April 2nd! F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    n2n9ch7uw89v.jpg

Welcome to Shape Shifters to our newbies!! Also welcome back to @Ewilhelm24 who's been out for a few months!

@AveLyra
    @Smlisley
    @ewilhelm2487
    @mojo48212

March stats begin on Sunday Feb 27th and we're all looking forward to great numbers this month! More importantly than those numbers though, are all of the little changes you'll be making this month...moving more...snacking less...healthier foods...meal planning...journaling...tracking...drinking more water...finding new routines...giving up bad habits...being accountable...finding ways to walk more...new exercise routines...finding a weight loss buddy...setting goals...there are a million of them. Don't try to do them all at once...just make new small changes when you're ready. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Let your team know what we can do to help...participate in our discussions, post questions, share recipes and most of all, SHARE YOUR STRUGGLES...I guarantee something you say will help someone else and you'll become an important part of someone else's support system. That's what our team is about! @TheMrWobbly and I am here to help in any way we can.

Looking forward to a great month with you as last week I met my intentional walking goal of 38 miles. I'm doing 40 for March! It felt great, especially since it was a short month, and it had nothing to do with the scale. Those non-scale victories feel amazing. You'll see many of those this month. YOU GOT THIS!!!

Good luck in March...let's make it a amazing month!! It all starts one step at a time!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    590gfu6gj4wj.jpg

FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or TheMrWobbly) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yukie_OP ~ March Focus/Goal: Increased responsibility and new goals at work will challenge my time and health habits. The goal is to maintain the habits (I've worked to build) while juggling some new additions.
    • Daily Steps 6.8k * @jessicakrall8 step-challenge for March
    • Early 2rise (4:30am)
    • Lunch walk (~20 min)
    • Daily log + Water intake (72oz min)
    • 1Hr of Studying /reading (professional development)
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Week 1 Group Challenge for March is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Feb. 27th. Hope to see you there, helping us celebrate our NSVs (Non-scale victories)!

Here's the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10857561/march-week-1-group-challenge-nsvs#latest
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,558 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters and welcome to all the new people!

My name is Laura, I will be turning 34 this month and I live in a lovely town in the Netherlands with my cat. I love reading, singing, gaming, photography, jigsaw puzzles and drinking tea. I suffer from chronic fatigue so most of my energy goes towards the gym/walking, my cat and household chores.

I have been a member of this group for a while and I find it very helpful. I took a break for February and I think this was a mistake. My food was already out of control in January and instead of dealing with it, I decided to go with a 'head in the sand' strategy for February which only made it worse. I am very mad at myself for basically setting myself back months when it comes to my weight. I have put on around 14lbs since my lowest weight at the start of the year; it's embarrassing.

At the same time, I don't want to dwell on it too much. It happened, time to move on. This month I will do my best to get as rid of as much of the weight I regained. Some positives during the past 2 months is that I kept up my daily 12.000 steps and I also increased how often I went to the gym. I got a cardio schedule as well and went 4 or 5 times a week instead of the 3 before. I did notice that 5 was a bit too much for me, so I plan to go Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri in the future. I am getting a new schedule on Tuesday which will be a mix of cardio/strength, but instead splits up the areas I will be working on. So legday, upper body day etc. I hope it will be fun.

Here are some of my small goals for the month, which I have also added to the habit tracker:
    • 12.000 steps a day
    • 60gr protein
    • vitamins
    • 1100 net calories max
    • gym/walk 4 times a week

Highest weight: 247 lbs
    Current weight: 209.4 lbs
    Weigh day: Saturday
    Goal weight for April 02: 199 lbs

My diary is open and I would be happy to accept friend requests.
    I hope everyone will have a great March with lots of small victories. Good luck everyone!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/26 12,203
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,185 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Step goal: 10,000 daily
    Fri 2/25: 11,251
    Sat 2/26: 10,675

I'd like to continue the step challenge in March, keeping 10,000 steps/day as my goal.

My Garmin watch gives me a challenge to take 300,000 steps each month. I succeeded at that in October, November and December, but in January I needed a break. For February, I hit 300,000 steps on the 23rd. I don't know if I can keep it up and for how long, but I'd like 300k steps/month to be the norm from this point forward.
  • AveLyra
    AveLyra Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @AveLyra

Sunday weigh-ins
    SW (my highest weight) : 237.8 lbs
    CW: 226.0 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 11.8 lbs

I'm new and happy to be here. It is hard finding a local accountability buddy who I know who doesn't leave me hangin' so I decided to reach out online <3 I have PCOS and would like to lose weight for various reason (redusing those symptoms, fertility to have a second child, health and wellness/fitness overall to keep up with my child and be able to not be in pain bc of my weight, and i want be able to job again and do 5k/10k/half marathons with my sister :) I want our daughter to see me being physically fit and healthy in her memories (shes's 2.5 right now) and I never want her to remember a time when I was unable to keep up with her, so the goals are activated!)

My current next goal is 212 (a weird number, but it was my weight that I hung out at for a while a year or so ago and I want to get there first), after that my goal is 200! I am positive I can meet my 200 goal by June 21st (Solstice), but am not putting a date limitation on my goals because if I do I do, if I don't I don't but I will soon! I'd rather not put time to it anymore. And my ultimate goal is 155-160 (I am 5 '7" and used to weight this much and liked how I felt and the way my body looked because I was very active and plan to be there again and see what I want to do from there.)

And lastly, my current habits I have created are:
    (January) stretching at 5-7 days out of the week amd drinking at least 64oz. water a day
    (February) continuing my January goals and adding walking 3 times a week with going back to work which has been hard on my mentally and physically I am so exhausted. I also changed my water goal to 64oz.-1gal. water daily, and walking on my lunch breaks at least 3 days of the week since I am used to walking every day midday when I wants working and I am trying to find places to fit my walking in again as I start working :)
    (MARCH) maintaining my water, stretching, and walking goal of 3 times a week, and focusing on nutrition for myself, more veggies and less rice/pasta/bread/TORTILLAS for myself because I notice I overeat when I eat those things.

Thanks for this group!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hi
    I'm Laurie- 54yo in Oak Creek WI
    Empty nester, cat mom to 2 cats, married for 31 years, 2 boys 30 & 27
    I just found out last night my youngest is moving with his fiance to Atlanta in 6 weeks which i am very very sad they are currently in IL and we won't be traveling anytime this year b/c of my husband's health

I am an admin asst to a bank & work from home for past 2 years

Currently, my husband is fighting pancreatic cancer Stage 1 its been a very trying time for both of us & my weight is inconsistent but staying under my Maintenance high I'm also post-menopausal & taking meds for that which contribute to my weight

We are both gluten free for over 2 yrs
    He is also diabetic and there has been no reason why he got cancer - no genetics nothing that can be pinpointed

I read everyone's posts and my diary most days is up to date so if you want to friend me go ahead

I'm hoping with our weather will be getting better in March to get outside for walks more. I currently do barre at my local barre studio that I paid for a year membership and Bodyfit by Amy who has YouTube workouts and belong to her private FB group which has helped me tremendously

I signed up for a 5k walk at end of April for pancreatic cancer

Welcome to All😘
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    mojo48212 wrote: »
    Hello All, thank you for welcoming me to Shape Shifters! I am excited to be here.

I'm a 47 yo female in MI. I have struggled with weight my entire life. I have also struggled with depression and anxiety for most of my adult life. Living in the COVID era has intensified the depression.

I first joined MFP in 2012 to get healthier. I was working a job that had me on my feet 10 hours a day with an hour lunch and access to a free gym I utilized Monday through Friday. I had success with this setup and had my eating, anxiety, and depression under control. In 2017 I took a promotion that had me sitting at a desk for 75% of my day but I managed to maintain my previous success. I was able to join a gym and my living situation made it easy for me to prioritize my health and fitness.

Fast-forwarding to today, I have gained back everything I lost and then some. I am very near going back on medication for depression and anxiety which I do not want to do. The meds are not for me, I find some of the side effects are worse than my issues, so I prefer to manage through exercise. I joined Noom for a bit but I did not find it helpful. I already knew much of the information I was being "taught." Needing a more social environment since I have little support for my goals in my current living situation, I have returned to MFP in search of a community I can lean on when times are tough.

I have started running again, which has been tough, I have been battling breathing issues unrelated to COVID since the start of my training in January. But I keep pushing through. If anyone here is a runner and uses a Garmin I would love to have more connections. Just look for MJ Reeves

I have no friends left from my original time spent here. I would love to add some friends. I am a bit introverted at times so I may not always respond quickly, please do take that personal.

I look forward to our journies together!

MJ

I too am from Michigan, Metro Detroit area. I can add you as a friend, I need more since most of my friends are inactive. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    results-design-power-name.gif

Can't believe I'm typing this, but we've completed yet another month of our F2F challenge! You can find all of the results from the previous week, as well as the full month, below:

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

Last Week -
    tv2nmpgsv6oz.png

Month of February -
    w4d9tb4cex37.png
  • seeless25
    seeless25 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Seeless25
    Sunday
    PW: 210.8 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 209.2 lbs (current weight)
    LTD 14.8 lbs (optional loss to date)

Yeah!!!! The zero is in the middle! A friend of the family is getting married in about 3 weeks and I need new dress clothes! For once, I am excited to do some shopping.

Big Welcome to our new teammates - hope this week goes well for everyone!
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    10000/day
    Feb 25 10147
    Feb 26 7857
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    2/24: 3,661
    2/25: 4,361
    2/26: 3,882
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    ~ Sunday / 27 Feb ~

Steps: 15.608
    Exercise: 4km walk

Good morning Shape Shifters. My dad came over on Sunday. We went for a walk in the National Park. We are finally done with all the windy and rainy days. It was sunny and cold so a lot of people were out for walks and bike rides and horse rides. I didn't take any pictures this time. After the walk we went out for lunch (though it was my breakfast). The covid restrictions have almost all been lifted here on Friday. This was the first time my dad could go out to eat again because he is anti-vax, doesn't want to test and refuses to wear a mask. So it's kind of his own fault.
    When we got home we fixed the fence in my backyard. One of the panels got blown out when we had storms a while back and it was impossible to fix on my own. The rest of the day I just relaxed. Besides the veggie buger with fries, I didn't eat a whole lot so I am reasonably certain that my calories for the day were good, protein probably a bit low so I didn't tick that box in the habit tracker. Restaurants here do not give nutritional information on menus; I recently learned they do that in chain restaurants in the USA. Handy!

Happy Monday everyone. <3
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ewilhelm2487
    Pw: 240 ( as of last Monday)
    CW: 229😲

I get excited but I know it's all baby weight🤣🤣
This discussion has been closed.