(0 pass days used)
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,621 Member
    Options
    Exercise, tracked, calories yes x 3!
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options

@makattack220 Great question. I use a habit tracker in one of my other groups. For me a habit stays on the list if I'm finding the behavior is not yet automatic (meaning without the requirement to push myself to check the box i might not do it). So I had a 64 oz water goal as well - but now I basically do that automatically so I work on something else. I still track water but consuming at least that quantity feels automatic. If I wanted to specifically increase that target I'd have to put it back on.

It's also good in my opinion not to overwhelm yourself and to ensure your base habits are truly solid before piling on more. I think it's easy to feel overwhelmed. Focus on less but do it well, and eventually those things become automatic!

thank you @ashleycarole86 😁👍 This helps tremendously and makes my answer about swapping/adding easy for me: I need more time for these to feel automatic. And, I am trying to do this in a way specifically not to overwhelm myself so that these are permanent changes. Great insight - thank you, thank you!

Thank you ladies for the insightful discussion! I have been working on a list of habits that I want to incorporate into my daily life (half of the list is just ensuring I take my vitamins, meds & supplements so it's not as bad as it sounds). But this month I decided to prioritize 2. Your sound advice @ashleycarole86 helped to reinforce that this is what I need to focus on in order to do it well.

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman @loopydo2017 Elphinstone sounds like a Harry Potter thing to me or something.. lol
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @jamcnewman @loopydo2017 Elphinstone sounds like a Harry Potter thing to me or something.. lol

Okay - again, we need the 😂 option for post reactions.

Come visit any time Ashley and we’ll take you walking through Wascana Park/Centre. It is an amazing 930 hectare urban park system and we are so lucky to have the diversity it brings to life here. If only I could convince myself to love winter more. Working on it!
    @ashleycarole86
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes an hour walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Come visit any time Ashley and we’ll take you walking through Wascana Park/Centre. It is an amazing 930 hectare urban park system and we are so lucky to have the diversity it brings to life here. If only I could convince myself to love winter more. Working on it!
    @ashleycarole86

Will hope to get to take you up on that offer sometime!

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,000 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    (Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

UAC: 🍀 2- 3- 4-5-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,068 Member
    Options
    (Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

UAC: 🍀 2- 3- 4-5-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31

I like your shamrocks instead of numbers. Makes me feel happy! 💚
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    yesx3