March 5

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,314 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @lesdarts180 great topic.
    • a walk round the house during ad breaks is good for me, and it stops my knees seizing up from long periods of sitting in the evenings.
    • park further away from venues
    • have an extra few turns round the shopping centre;
    • park at the far side of the car park.

There are so many ways to up your NEAT!!! 😂
  • jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Saturday Mar 5
    Exercise: Yes - 30 minute dog walk
    Tracked all: Yes
    Calories under: Yes
    (0 pass days used)
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    6 km running, no tracking
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,156 Member
    Options
    Saturday

Exercise: 60 min
    Tracking: complete
    Calories: under

pass 0/3 taken
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    @lesdarts180 - your post is so important! Every bit of movement is good for our hearts and muscles! We keep a big pantry in our basement and when hubby says “the next time you go downstairs, bring up some ___” I try to get up and just go get it as a way of getting in a little extra motion. And with gas prices increasing, I’ll be looking at biking more places. Not only will it save money and burn calories it’s better for the environment. I know you take your bike to run errands. I live pretty far out in the country to make that practical, but I should be able to figure something out.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thanks @lesdarts180 for such a great opener!

I really like this NEAT concept and hadn’t heard about this idea before (but it makes total sense).

What can you (or do you) do to increase your non-exercise activity?
    I have been trying to increase non-exercise activity by walking everywhere I can instead of always relying on a making these quick trips by car. An added benefit is that I am carrying the groceries in a backpack and that has an exercise effect as well. It is cold and, at times, really snowy here, but it does feel good to run errands this way. I had struggled with doing any outdoor activity without the dog as he needs so much walking. But the reality is, I can’t take him if I am doing to be going into any shops: he can’t be left outside and he can’t come in. I have turned a corner this week on this (it has been weeks of struggle with myself) and my #WalkingTowardsSpring challenge is helping me get out.
    r6xzmvqxqya9.jpeg

h0dfczmznojh.jpeg
    Where can you insert 2 minutes of movement? Waiting for the kettle to boil? Coffee to brew?
    - One thing that has helped me (and I started this a few months ago as a new “daily habit”) is to put on my socks and sneakers upon rising from my bed. Yes — even with my pajamas still on! I have a terrible amount of pain in my hands and feet in the morning (severe RA) and has helped me be more open to being more active. Then I do pace while the kettle boils, and again while the teapot steeps. This has helped me so much. The more I move, the quicker that stiffness/pain dissipates (usually).
    - I started putting music on while cooking and dancing away instead of simply standing. So many steps accumulated this way plus it makes light work of sometimes tedious tasks. I am much less sore from simply standing.
    - I have a prompt set up in an app (Canadian: ParticipACTION) that reminds me to walk for 10 minutes, do 10 pushups (mostly counter pushups for me), or do 10 squats. It is amazing how much more activity that has helped me cause for myself.
    - My Apple Watch will prompt me to “stand up” if I haven’t within the hour and when/if it does, I set the watch timer and walk for 2 minutes. I used this on my Fitbit before I had the watch and it sure did help.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes walked and gardening
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?yes
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,314 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 84 mins
    ✅ Calories: under goal
    ✅ Tracked

Remaining pass days: 3️⃣

🥳 Congrats 🥳 Some more people with 3 x yes👌🏻

@jjjcat
    @Caramel_Apple
    @Lessennan

👍🏻 Bravo for posting no matter what👌🏻
    @Winner_in_Life

Consistently making the effort to move more is definitely a good step to take.

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 xox
  • LeanMe_28
    LeanMe_28 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Exercise ✅
    Calories ✅
    Tracking ✅

Pass days used 0
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Mar 5
    Exercise: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    (0 pass days used)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,876 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
    0 pass days used

Great idea for an opener Today. I love the concept of neat and the more I move the more I am energized to move. Just being back in the office and walking from the parking lot and walking in the building definitely has me more active than working from home.
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 65 minute trail run.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ✔︎ 20+ mins exercise (1hr 25 min walk)
    ✔︎ Within calorie budget
    ✔︎ Log everything

Consistency Tracking (☘️=3 ✔︎'s, 🏴‍☠️=pass):
    ☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31
    Passes used = 0 / 3

Habits I'm continuing to track this month:
    ✘ Morning meditation (have had a few blips in my morning routine… hoping to get right back on track!)
    📿-📿-📿-✘-✘-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31
    ✔︎ Drink >64oz water
    💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    ✔️✔️✔️
    0/3 pass days used
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 30 minutes walking (against or with a 30-40 mph wind for extra resistance today!)
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

A couple of months ago I watched a health related TED Talk. About 10 minutes into his talk he asked everyone to get up. He explained how beneficial standing is compared to sitting, even if it is only to get up for awhile and then sit back down. I realized there was no reason I should be sitting at the computer watching these things for extended periods-- I decided that whenever I am watching TV, videos, or Netflix I will stand and move around. I haven´t sprung for a standing desk to do this at moments like now when I am writing and reading on MFP, and don´t know that I will, but at least I am almost never sitting anymore when I watch Netflix or YouTube. Last week I watched a YouTube health related video where the presenter appeared to be rhythmically swaying. I think she was on a treadmill walking, although I could not see the treadmill.

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,273 Member
    Options
    Date: 03/05/22

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31

March goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (4 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging