victorious55 Posts: 3,293 Member
    Options
    March 4, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (4 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (3 day)

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,293 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ... Three, it’s a habit to develop, just like brushing my teeth - I do it because it’s what I need to do as part of health and hygiene and therefore becomes a normal routine.

I like this.. :) Who wants a rotten teeth and smelly mouth???
  • yrc_pr
    yrc_pr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 Pass Days Used
  • strength3335
    strength3335 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes- Housework today, gym time is tomorrow.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I really dislike tracking but…I find this digital version of tracking quick and easy. Plus, like other members do, I pre-plan tracking of foods sometimes, so I can see how many potential calories/fat/carbs I have room for in my caloric budget! I cheated and checked my weight this morning and so far I have lost a little 😁 oh, by the way…after my gallbladder surgery, I was not be able to tolerate fats. So ever since, I have to maintain a low fat diet. Here’s the truth… watching what you eat will keep the weight down, way more than just exercise. Exercise has huge benefits, but I’ve found much better weight-loss goals through watching my food intake!
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. So much shovelling. Such heavy snow. Eyes are too tired to read so I’ll catch up on the thread tomorrow!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,060 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Date: 03/04/22

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31

March goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (4 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Y, Y, and Y. Went for an eight mile walk along the ocean. Despite eating out both brunch and dinner AND grabbing an ice cream, I just barely made it under calories. I really thought I might have to use a pass day, but glad all that walking gave me some extra calorie room.

I think that my aversion to tracking is that I spend so much time trying to find the best entry that I can for whatever food I’m eating. Doing that takes time. Tonight I decided that close enough was good enough and it did seem to make things easier.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes

Pass Days: zero
  • rashel1
    rashel1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Exercise-24 minutes
    Tracking everything
    Calories-within goal
    3 passes remain
  • josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 22 mins yoga + 15 mins walk
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: no

Pass days used to date: 2

I am generally very fond of planning and record keeping so tracking is inherently appealing to me, but when I go off the rails with eating I tend to also fall off the tracking. I sometimes pre-track but usually not. I think one of the things that has been most helpful for me is to look at the weekly average for calorie intake rather than obsessing about each day , so even if I go over on occasion I don't count it as long as the average is under. It means that I don't get that "I've exceeded by 100 Cals, i may as well go all out" that leads me to binge 2000 calories worth of food in one sitting - or at least not as often.
    Another thing I've found helpful that isn't directly about tracking but still worth mentioning is that I adjusted my daily calorie limit from the suggested 1200 to a more manageable (for me) 1450. Interestingly I've found that as long as I stick to this I lose the same amount of weight, at the same speed, as I did with 1200 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    March 4
    Another pass day in my learning month
    Exercise: 15 minutes stretching, 30 minutes walk
    Tracking: Pre-planned the day, adjusted the plan mid-day when I realized my dinner plan was not realistic and got on board with "takeout friday" with the rest of the family, and put in every extra bite I took. Estimates for the takeout food are pretty shaky
    Calories: 619 over!
    Weight: Up 2 pounds

I am tracking the weight for my own learning, to see how this is all working. I am guessing the large increase is mostly the sodium in the takeout food. Though my estimate may have been under, too - as I was eating my lentil soup I was thinking that there was probably more oil in it than any lentil soup ought to have.

In terms of hunger, I was hungry in the morning but then felt satisfied the rest of the day, and uncomfortably full after the takeout - I could have eaten less and been satisfied. My strategy is often to fill up with a bowl of soup but like I said I think that particular bowl of soup was maybe a mistake.

Today's tracking topic is very on-point for me.

I have made it a routine to pre-log the next day's food. It only takes 5 minutes usually. And it helps me so much - not having to face a full fridge when I am hungry is key to weight loss while working from home. And also I take things out to defrost or whatever, which helps too. That's been working well for me.

What has not been working well for me is then I either follow that plan or I don't, and take a pass day. Which has led to - on "not pass days" - having a few bites here and there - what is left on my kids' plates is the worst temptation for me, as well as what I see in the snack shelf when I get some tea - and not counting it because I don't want to take a pass day and because it's "too little to count." I've been realizing over the past few days how much I have been lying to myself in that regard. That if I have 4 nibbles that are "just" 50 calories, that adds up to 200 calories, for example! So for the past few days I have been tracking things like "1/8 of a piece of cinnamon bread" (crust from kid's plate) and 1/8 of a cup of cereal - it adds up.

The other problem is on "pass days" when I accept that I have gone over enough to have it not be within calories, I was still not tracking - so then I have no data from that.

The result is I don't really know how many calories I can eat to maintain my weight. Which is what I NEED to know!

So this month I am still pre-planning my days, but tracking EVERYTHING I eat, and accepting that often that will not be within my target calories. Then seeing what that does to my weight, and also to my feelings of hunger. Hoping that by the end of the month I can find the balance that works.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,470 Member
    Options
    ~🌱~ 3 / 4 /2022~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🙋🏼 ~~ BLESSings Everyone ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 230+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 28,640+.......... 200 = walking ......... 30 cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY & Celebration
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4

💖 Wishing EVERYONE all the BEST & Much Success In March 🏆 We Got This 🏆
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Yes for all three