Options
Hey everyone!! Anyone still interested in keeping this group going? Well, I need motivation and I know someone out there does too so let’s get this party started!!

Replies

• YvonnePM
    YvonnePM Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi. I joined a diabetes prevention group last year to turn the tide on my pre-diabetes diagnosis. Being in an active group was far more valuable than the class information. There was a variety of ages, gender, ethnicity and motivation. There was also group challenges between the members, not from the leaders. We became a cohesive group of friends who never met in person (this group was virtual). I started to lose weight and over the course of the year lost 70 lbs. I still have another 60 lbs to go. I’m 76 years old and plan to go on for a long time. The class has ended but the friendships continue. Same goal and accountability made the difference. Don’t give up. Make a plan and share it with someone you trust will support you. I know you can do this because I am. I’ll be here for you.
  • betseylundrigan02
    betseylundrigan02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie here. I'm not diabetic, but need to losse 25-30 lbs. Diabetes is in my family and I want to prevent having it as well as become healthier