March 9

Options

Replies

• jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    March 8 2 pass days used
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 35 minutes HASFit leg workout. Still recovering from yesterday.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    What motivates me is my morning exercise. I feel stronger.
  • Jan1936
    Jan1936 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

0 Pass Days used.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    @ideas2 if you have not read it pick up or borrow a copy of The China Study 2nd edition, eye opening book it’s by T.Colin Campbell I found mine on Amazon. A couple of folks have read it here and it is the force that has caused me to begin to examine what fuels my body and brain once again.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    @ideas2 if you have not read it pick up or borrow a copy of The China Study 2nd edition, eye opening book it’s by T.Colin Campbell I found mine on Amazon. A couple of folks have read it here and it is the force that has caused me to begin to examine what fuels my body and brain once again.

Yes, I read it back in 2010 and began adjusting my diet to be more plant based. However, the research on brain health and especially the doctors who are having success with reversing cognitive decline usually stress the importance of eating MOSTLY plant based, but not entirely plant based as he appeared to me to advocate (although I recall him talking about a gradual transition to plant based). Eating lots of plants, especially lots of green leafy vegetables, but also controlling carbs and having some periods of ketosis and including fish and/or organ meats from grass fed lean animals are what I am seeing recommended for brain health by doctor/researchers like Dr. Bredesen, Dr. Wahls, and Dr. Amen.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,628 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    1 pass day used
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes hour swim and four mile walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes