March 10

Options

Replies

• loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3.
    I used to push hard with workouts. If it wasn’t a long sweat session, then does it even count? I can’t be bothered with that anymore. I stick with things I enjoy - walking is a 10 when I can get outside. Walking, kickboxing and low impact videos indoors is less enjoyable - 7. Weight lifting is a 9. Biking in the summer is a 9. Food is 10. I pretty well eat all the same stuff as I always have (my hubby cooks and I don’t complain!), just portions that fit into my calorie goal.
  • rashel1
    rashel1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Exercise-30 minutes
    Tracking- all
    Calories- in range
    2 passes remain
  • Jan1936
    Jan1936 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 55 minutes swimming, 45 minutes walking
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

Being brutally honest, some of what I am eating is a 7-9 on the pleasure scale, which is where I like to be. (For me a 10 is not usually a good thing---that is the ¨bliss point¨ of hyperpalatable food that makes me desire to have more than what is good for me... I prefer 9s which are things that give me a lot of pleasure to eat but that I can be satisfied with a serving or less.) But I am also in the process of trying to develop extreme healthy habits from a ¨food as medicine¨ perspective. I read recently that it is a fallacy that we eat what we like. In reality, it says, we come to like what we eat a lot. In the hope that there is truth in that, I am currently trying to eat 1 cup cooked or three cups raw green leafy vegetables at every single meal or snack. Some of which (like kale, collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, and beet greens) I really currently don´t find a lot of physical pleasure in, only the pleasure of feeling good about my food choices. I make sure I eat those first when my hunger is highes to get the most pleasure out of them, but being generous I can probably only give them a 5. We will see if this is sustainable or not--- it is probably only sustainable if what I read is really true and these eventually moved up to at least a 7 for me.

On good days, swimming and walking are 10s. And there are other days when maybe they are only 7 or 8 and I am relying on that ¨feeling good about making healthy choices¨ more than just the innate pleasure of the activity.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 25 minute walk, 46 minutes Peloton, 5 minutes stretching
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 1/3

Exercise:
    Walking - in nice weather, 10/10. In winter, 5/10 but I still do it to a lesser extent
    Biking (outdoors) - 7/10. Hoping to build this up this year but the stress of pedestrians on shared pathways and motorist rage is stressful to me.
    Peloton (indoor cycling) -10/10.. feel like an athlete again
    Everything else - ebbs and flows, I only really do other things as I feel like it

Food for me is a 10.. is it perfectly healthy? No...but I am in a mentally pleasant place with my control over it and that's all I can manage for now. I love food, I eat what I like, and my struggle is not eating way too much of it.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    yyy
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,104 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thanks for your opening post today @WhatMeRunning and helping to cause me to think through some things today. I keep pining for what isn’t and can’t be (winter and Covid) and have been in such a funk.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (and be brutally honest) how much enjoyment do you get from your chosen exercises and foods?

Food: 10. I love to cook and bake and really enjoy creating healthy options. I am very fortunate to have the means to buy and prepare high quality healthy food for my family. I can and do manage my calories to include a glass of wine when I feel like it. I don’t feel deprived. I promised myself that I wouldn’t do anything that I wouldn’t or couldn’t sustain. ✅

Outdoor walking: 10 in every season except winter, when the score is 4
    Indoor Treadmill walking 6
    Dance workouts (Apple+ and Zumba Gold): 8
    Stretching and core: 8

If it's not a high score, do you have any thoughts why it might be that way, and how you might be able to make your healthy journey more enjoyable?
    Winter walking outdoors: I hate the icy sidewalks, the mealy snow with deadly ice underneath, and the really, really cold wind and weather. I am terrified of falling and can’t really get a great heart rate elevation at the rate I can travel on ice. Spring will come and I need to stop trying to make this work for now. Outdoors for fresh air and sunshine. Stop trying to get my exercise this way. Wow - why didn’t I decide this sooner? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Walking indoors: I liked it a lot more when I did it earlier in the day and walked (via YouTube) in Hawaii, Greece, Italy, and on the coastal walks of Britain. I can re-arrange my schedule and have just done so to allow this to happen.

And keep on with the exercise I am enjoying. When warmer weather comes, I will be back in the outdoor pools and the water jogging and swimming lengths will be so wonderful.

💡 Thanks for my “wake up” Chris!
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise and a neighborhood walk.
    ❌ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -
    Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    1 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-P-6-7-8-9-P

Tonight was my social event. I did everything that I had planned: did my workouts, got 600+ move points on my Apple watch and ate fairly low cal prior to the event (<400 cal for the day). Once at the event, did fairly well, but still quite hungry so indulged when we got home. The wine and cheese definitely put me over calories.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Thursday March 10
    ✅✅✅

46 minutes of exercise (combination)
    10,000+ steps

No pass days used to date in March
  • josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Exercise: no
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: no
    Pass days to date: 5
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,028 Member
    Options
    UAC:
    🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
    🍀 P 🍀 11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28-
    29-30-31

Funny, I thought my calories were over today. They were under. Sooner or later, I’ll realizeI can actually trust myself with food now.

Sun nt sleep: 6.5
    Mon nt sleep: 7 🌸 tired during day
    Tues nt sleep ~6.5 wide awake at bedtime, disjointed sleeping pattern- lots of energy today!
    Wed nt sleep: 7+!! 🌸Woke up early &told myself to go back to sleep & I did!
    Thurs

Exercise- walk/hike 90 mins per day- 10
    I used to call fam/friends or listen to music/podcasts. After earbud accident & getting tinnitus in one ear, I stopped all that.
    Took a few months but I figured out how to include art & natural science & my hikes & I’d actually rate my exercise a 12 now!

Food- it’s simple & easy to prepare, but I only eat 10’s. Lots of raw nuts, peanut only peanut butter, Whole wheat toast, roast potatoes, grilled skinless chicken (yum), salmon, apples of all kinds, cuties, pears, raw & roasted vegetables, small box raisins. 0% Fage yogurt with berries of all kinds. Decaf cinnamon tea! Oatmeal, pipping hot with cinnamon, nutmeg, and a dash of allspice! And did I mention nuts? 🤣 Raw, unsalted. Pecans are my favorite at the moment.

Two of my meals are generally the same each day - by choice. The third follows a similar pattern but the veg or protein varies. I Love my BF & L, so I keep eating them lol

🌸M
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,470 Member
    Options
    ~🍀~ 3 / 10 /2022~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🙋🏼 ~~ BLESSings Everyone ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 230+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 27,820 +.......... 200 = walking ......... 30 cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY & Celebration
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-

💖 Wishing EVERYONE all the BEST & Much Success In March 🏆 We Got This 🏆
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,398 Member
    Options
    March10 report: P🦁P (didn't exercise / logged all / including unneeded snack ) rather stressful day at the office. More so than most

Monthly report: (Documenting consistency (if there is a P instead of 🦁 its a Pass Day; if there is a ✈ I am overseas and [currently assuming] unable to report)
    🦁-🦁-🦁-P-🦁-🦁-🦁
    🦁-P-

11-12-13-14-15-16- (17 includes travel)
    ✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈ (out of country March 18 - April 1)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @Elbee1 sorry that your still sick... I know how rough that can be. Hope you get to feeling better SOON!!!
  • VickiSLaw
    VickiSLaw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes x2
    Didn't work out.
    I started part way into March, so not eligible for winner's circle, but if I was, this would have been a pass day.