March 18

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    Jan1936 wrote: »
    Going to have to think about the "I am... " statements. I have never done this exercise, but it looks very valuable. Thanks for the idea.
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

@Jan1936 it’s truly very powerful!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    March 18:
    ✅✅✅ exercise today was 6 hours of giving massages. And I was wise enough to have scheduled myself a 1.5 hour lunch mid day.... so I walked 2 miles at lunchtime.

What’s one goal you’d like to focus on for the next 14 days?!
    I want to get back to my daily morning yoga. It really does help me, and I have to quit being lazy and just do it!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,101 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    March 18:
    ✅✅✅ exercise today was 6 hours of giving massages. And I was wise enough to have scheduled myself a 1.5 hour lunch mid day.... so I walked 2 miles at lunchtime.

I want to get back to my daily morning yoga. It really does help me, and I have to quit being lazy and just do it!

I love it, same here same here! My buddies loves doing it with me, lol.

6gxnpvg3d3bo.jpeg
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 1 hour 15 minutes walking
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

1 passday used (Mar 13)

My newest goal is to work on the habit of breathing through my nose and try mouth taping at night during my sleep to see if it helps me. I have started reading a remarkable book called ¨Breathe¨ by James Nestor that shows all the problems mouth breathing causes. He is a journalist who volunteered for the first human study on how mouth breathing affects health, by being one of two people that temporarily had their nasal airway completely plugged and whose health was monitored. Apparently mouth breathing greatly affects many health related things, like sleep and it contributes to problems with obesity. There are all sorts of little known facts about breathing in the book--- such as that our nostrils have a rhythm of changing which nostril we breathe through, that breathing through the left nostril has a different effect on our autonomic nervous system than the right nostril, and that our inner tissues of our nose is the same type of tissue as in our genitals and our nose has erections inside of it.

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,105 Member
    Options
    First pass day of March.

Tracked ✅
    Calories ❌ over
    Exercise ❌
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ✔︎ 20+ mins exercise (35mins walk)
    ✔︎ Within calorie budget
    ✔︎ Log everything

Consistency Tracking (☘️=3 ✔︎'s, 🏴‍☠️=pass):
    ☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-🏴‍☠️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-🏴‍☠️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31
    Passes used = 2 / 3

Habits I'm continuing to track this month:
    ✔︎ Morning meditation
    📿-📿-📿-✘-✘-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31
    ✔︎ Drink >64oz water
    💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,562 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise, and a walk to and from hockey game
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    2 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-P-6-7-8-9-P-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    3x Yes
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Fri March 18
    Another pass day in my way above pass days learning month
    Exercise: 40 minute walk in beautiful, suddenly spring weather
    Tracking: Tracked EVERYthing
    Calories: Only a little over
    But no weight loss
    I am suspecting it's the irish soda bread estimate that is wrong and putting me over. Today will be the last day I eat it. It's so good. My wife is part Irish and I am Jewish so my food log is all Irish soda bread and hamentashen these past few days - but it is required!

I can't quite bring myself to do the "I am" phrase, though it would probably be good for me.
    Goals - now that is my language
    Last week I tracked my time in 15 minute increments (look up Laura Vanderakam if that sounds interesting to you). Today I am going to analyze how I spent my time and think about what my optimal weekly schedule would look like. I think it may be true that I can't really fit in my goal of 30 minute walk, 15 minute MommaStrong, 15 minute stretching every day. Plus all the time here on MFP. It's a fair bit of time devoted to this in my otherwise busy life but it does really help. I may come up with a schedule that has me doing each thing maybe 4 days a a week and call that enough - that may make me feel more successful than continually trying to do all the things and failing.

And calorie-wise I think the obvious next step in my "learning month" is to try to consistently be under my calorie goal and see what happens. Tomorrow is the end of my daughter's birthday week and probably time to get rid of the Irish soda bread and hamentashen too, so maybe that's the goal for Monday - to get really strict.

• DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,478 Member
    Options
    ~🍀~ 3 / 18 /2022~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🙋🏼 ~~ BLESSings Everyone ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 230+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 28,170+.......... 200 = walking ......... 30 cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY & Celebration
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-

💖 Wishing EVERYONE all the BEST & Much Success In March 🏆 We Got This 🏆
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,754 Member
    Options
    18/03/2022

Travelling home on Friday, several hours sitting in a coach. However, walked home from the coach stop which took more than 20 minutes. By the end of the day my step count was over 10,000.
    Home in time for dinner so I only had to estimate breakfast and lunch, so tracking was OK
    Calories were within my “holiday allowance”
    So, it’s not a pass day.

What is one thing you’d like to be different?
    What’s one goal you’d like to focus on for the next 14 days?”

I too have a problem with procrastination - @jamcnewman – but I don’t know that I can be as disciplined as you. I need to find some small changes to make.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes a swim and a walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass day 4/3 as expected… we had a wedding dinner tasting last night and there was enough food at the table for eight people - and just the two of us to try it all ha! Safe to say we took home a lot of to go containers. However no doubt I went over in calories even though I ate 1/8 portion of everything! I think it was the prailine Brie appetizer that did me in

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    @ideas2 So many people have been talking about Breathe lately! Sounds like I'll have to check it out.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    First pass day of March.

Tracked ✅
    Calories ❌ over
    Exercise ❌

Big hugs to you, my friend @jamcnewman
    You’ve got this!
    Fri March 18
    Another pass day in my way above pass days learning month
    Exercise: 40 minute walk in beautiful, suddenly spring weather
    Tracking: Tracked EVERYthing
    Calories: Only a little over
    But no weight loss
    I am suspecting it's the irish soda bread estimate that is wrong and putting me over. Today will be the last day I eat it. It's so good. My wife is part Irish and I am Jewish so my food log is all Irish soda bread and hamentashen these past few days - but it is required!

I can't quite bring myself to do the "I am" phrase, though it would probably be good for me.
    Goals - now that is my language
    Last week I tracked my time in 15 minute increments (look up Laura Vanderakam if that sounds interesting to you). Today I am going to analyze how I spent my time and think about what my optimal weekly schedule would look like. I think it may be true that I can't really fit in my goal of 30 minute walk, 15 minute MommaStrong, 15 minute stretching every day. Plus all the time here on MFP. It's a fair bit of time devoted to this in my otherwise busy life but it does really help. I may come up with a schedule that has me doing each thing maybe 4 days a a week and call that enough - that may make me feel more successful than continually trying to do all the things and failing.

And calorie-wise I think the obvious next step in my "learning month" is to try to consistently be under my calorie goal and see what happens. Tomorrow is the end of my daughter's birthday week and probably time to get rid of the Irish soda bread and hamentashen too, so maybe that's the goal for Monday - to get really strict.

@Caroline_slowandsteady
    Please remind me: did you keep your calorie goal at weight loss level or maintenance?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    UAC:
    🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
    🍀 P 🍀 P 🍀 🍀 🍀
    P -🍀 🍀 🍀 19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28-
    29-30-31
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    March 18:

I love it, same here same here! My buddies loves doing it with me, lol.

6gxnpvg3d3bo.jpeg

@GrandmaJackie I love this! They're so adorable!! <3
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,814 Member
    Options
    yes for 3
    0/3 pass days used
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 thanks to your help I think I have it set at a very slow weight loss level - but the next step of the learning, which I have not yet done, is to actually try eating at it for an extended period of time and see what happens!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3!