Introductions!

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Welcome to the March 2022 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and stay true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. We look forward to getting to know you a little better.

WE GOT THIS!!

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    WELCOME!!

Feel free to check us out for the remainder of our March UAC Challenge. You can introduce yourself, or just check us out to see how the UAC works! You can join us for the last few days of March here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142661-ultimate-accountability-challenge-march-2022
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    WELCOME @lodilas !! CONGRATS on finishing and submitting your thesis!! (Yay is right!!!) :)

I'm glad that you're going to be joining us for April!
  • jnnfrstrong
    jnnfrstrong Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone :)

I am looking forward to establishing some new healthy habits.. that will lead to success eventually. Thank you @Mrs_Hoffer for the group challenge!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    WELCOME @jnnfrstrong !! Good for you! It's important to develop healthy habits because our "motivation" won't always be around. A large majority of us will eventually go through a "slump" as far as motivation, but if we've developed good habits, they will carry us through those difficult times. I look forward to getting to know you better.
  • jnnfrstrong
    jnnfrstrong Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Mrs_Hoffer! I like the idea of the UAC .. short and simple rules but, I am sure.. not so simple til the habit happens.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I'm back for month 17. I have a lot going on in April (multiple trips, packing, moving, prepping house to sell, etc) so it will be another month of maintenance and my only goal is to not gain for the month. Last month I set maintenance level calories and didn't eat back active exercise like I usually do. Planning to do the same for April.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    majork29 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm Kira, I'm 51 years young!! I am excited to be a part of this. I work part almost full time. I am working on lifestyle changes. I am overweight and not in great physical shape but I am working on it one a day at a time.

WELCOME Kira! @majork29 We're excited to have you join us! And trust me, one day at a time is how we all have to do it!! ;)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @jamcnewman Julie, he looks like he's posing! And you're right - he's a handsome guy (and I think he knows it!)

It's good to see so many of our regulars posting and introducing themselves! :) I'm excited about April!! 🌈 🌷🌸🌺
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Caroline, returning for my 8th month of MFP.

I am turning 42 in April. My journey with weight loss began with a weight gain in college, and then losing it with weight watchers shortly after. I then maintained that weight loss for about a decade until getting pregnant. My first pregnancy, I was very sick and needed to eat constantly to keep from throwing up but could only eat white food. I gained over half my body weight. I then didn't gain much more with my second pregnancy, but was unable to really devote time to weight loss until my youngest was 3. That was 3 years ago in May, when I really was able to take some time (not enough time, but some time) to focus on myself. Since then, I have lost ~25 pounds. In the last few months I have been struggling more with the weight loss than I did along the way (being very hungry at a deficit) and sneaking extra nibbles or having pass days where I eat way too much), and I think I may be transitioning to maintenance. I wanted to lose more, but I am (barely) in the healthy weight zone and it seems like maybe this is where my body stops.

I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which is in the "early" stages in that I still have a functioning thyroid, though I have had the disease for 10 years. It occasionally flares up, usually because of an illness or lack of sleep or severe stress. Unfortunately I have found the COVID shots cause a really bad flare up of the condition - though I am sure COVID itself would be worse - I have been lucky enough to escape that so far. So that makes all of this quite a bit harder in several ways.

I figured a lot of this out in March, with a "learning month" of trying to accurately track without judgment and a lot of support and advice form the wonderful members of UAC.

For April my goal is to eat at the number I have found that is a very slight deficit and seems to keep me not feeling too hungry. And continue learning. I would like to at least get back to the weight I was in October - just 2 pounds away - before declaring "maintenance." But I am trying hardest to just not gain back any more weight, so that may be maintenance.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Susan. I live in a rural area in Kansas. I am back for my sixth month with UAC. I have now lost 50 pounds, and am in Onederland since actively tracking with MyFitnessPal starting last August. Like many others, it is not the first time I have lost a lot of weight. I have lost a lot and gained it back twice in my life-- so I am continuing to try to learn what I need to do to be able to maintain the weight for more than 4 years (my previous record of maintaining.)

I retired most of the way last year and will be completely retired within a couple of months so now I have time to make improving my health my number one priority and to cook, garden, and have fun with my new hobby of preparing fermented foods and drinks.

I read a lot, and I like to swim and now that I have lost substantial weight I am hoping I will again also be able to enjoy my favorite sports, tennis and pickleball, and go to Zumba classes again-- all activities that I had stopped enjoying when I got too heavy.