Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    We are about to go on our 1st walk since my fall a couple of weeks ago ...I am nervous and excited to get back out there ... in the past I would of not got back out there after a fall ...boy I have grown up LOL LOL LOL
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 133.9
    CW: 140.8

Sorry I didn’t post yesterday. I have been wallowing in depression and self pity since last Friday. Normally, I can achieve whatever I put my mind to. In this case I couldn’t. I don’t take “no” or failure well. Spent the aftermath punishing myself by overeating and sitting around. Am over it now. Ready to get back to life. Will have to work on compassion towards myself instead of punishing when things don’t go as hoped.

I am glad you are feeling better. You have proven many times you can overcome anything. You got this!
  • lindamtuck2018
    roz0810 wrote: »
    thank you thank you all ❤️ A bit about me, I'm Roz, 28, married and have two cats. I've been on MFP a while, lost 50lbs in 2012. have gained it back over the years and another 50! so here I am again doing this one day at a time.
    thank you for having me back ❤️😊 I look forward to seeing my progress with you all.

This is a fresh start on your road to success.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 280 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    PW: 220.4 lb
    CW: 213.4 lb
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good afternoon all. Forgot to post last night.
    Check in for 3/29:
    Steps - 5484
    Calories 1840
    Exercise - gym after dinner. 9 machines and 17 minute walk around the block instead of machines.

Had fun with dinner. Thin crust pizza crust with pesto, vegs and fresh mozzarella. Next I want to try making my own pesto.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited March 2022
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good afternoon all. Forgot to post last night.
    Check in for 3/29:
    Steps - 5484
    Calories 1840
    Exercise - gym after dinner. 9 machines and 17 minute walk around the block instead of machines.

Had fun with dinner. Thin crust pizza crust with pesto, vegs and fresh mozzarella. Next I want to try making my own pesto.

I make my own pesto ... but instead of using pine nuts (overly priced) I use pistachios ..very yummy

Here is a pistachio pesto recipe

https://www.food.com/recipe/pistachio-pesto-110688
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We are about to go on our 1st walk since my fall a couple of weeks ago ...I am nervous and excited to get back out there ... in the past I would of not got back out there after a fall ...boy I have grown up LOL LOL LOL

I conquered my fear of falling ... we walked 172 minutes and 6.79 miles ...I feel good no pain just sweaty :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have another new member joining our marvelous team ... Please welcome @KarlyM59 :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 3/30:
    Steps - 13145
    Calories - 1875 or close
    Exercise - combined a walk with a pricing run for Easter dinner. 4.27 miles with 77 min actual walking.

Welcome to our new and returning people.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Morning everyone. My first official weigh in with the group. Unfortunately I had a death in the family yesterday. which led me to make some bad choices foodwise. But the worst thing I can do is carry it over to today etc so I won't do that. My family have drove to the parents house yesterday and there was a lot of them there together so hopefully it was a bit more comforting for my mum, dad and sister.

username: roz0810
    CW: 266.4

Here goes. I know if I do everything that works for my body I'll see the results. just need to stick with it, be consistent and believe!
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    morning guys so hopefully have another good day today and get back on track with this ...going to get to the gym today too I need to get back on it!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Good Morning to all you awesome people ... We are about to get out and walk this lovely morning ... I hope everyone has a great day :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Morning everyone. My first official weigh in with the group. Unfortunately I had a death in the family yesterday. which led me to make some bad choices foodwise. But the worst thing I can do is carry it over to today etc so I won't do that. My family have drove to the parents house yesterday and there was a lot of them there together so hopefully it was a bit more comforting for my mum, dad and sister.

username: roz0810
    CW: 266.4

Here goes. I know if I do everything that works for my body I'll see the results. just need to stick with it, be consistent and believe!

Sorry you had a death in the family yesterday.... You and your family are in my thoughts..hugs ...
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    That’s quite the walk. Well done! Enjoy your walk this morning.

@aactuallyaash
    Amazing loss! Did you make any changes this week that contributed to that fabulous loss?

@rwood566
    Great steps! That’s for mentioning Easter. I totally forgot to order desserts from the bakery.

@roz0810
    I am so sorry for your loss.

@peng123
    I think a great exercise day is an understatement. Over 2 hours, fantastic! I have always wanted to try Pilates.

@jayenguk
    Take it one day at a time. Even a minute at a time. Enjoy the gym!
  • lindamtuck2018
    We have another new member joining our marvelous team ... Please welcome @KarlyM59 :)

Welcome to the team!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    thank you ❤️ having a good day foodwise. saved enough calories for a chicken tikka curry later which I'll make :)
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    @roz0810 I'm so sorry for your loss - that's a very difficult thing to go through - kudos to you for saving enough calories for chicken tikka - one of my favorites!

Cara
This discussion has been closed.