Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 It's an out door pool. It is heated but it is not a warm pool. 62 deg this morning air temp and the pool was not creating steam so it was the same as the air. I was smart and took my 1mm wetsuit. I did 1000+ meters today in a elephant skin wetsuit that used to fit!!! I also did not die. I paced myself and was surprised I kept up. This made me happy. I then went and weight trained with my trainer. I was happy I did not die. We will see how bad the shoulders and arms feel later today. I am still feeling energized and awake. I thought I was going to be dragging.

Do you do the butterfly? That is one stroke I would love to learn. I don’t know if I would like a pool that cool. I do find it easier to do laps though when our pool is cooler than normal.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Friday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/31:
    Calories: 1,180
    Exercise: None - rest day
    Steps: 7,381

I had a great workout this morning - taking rest days really helps! My Apple watch is not being very nice to me this month - it has given me a goal of burning 17,600 calories in April - I'm going to be working out A LOT!!

@Beautyofdreams That sounds like a big project - but I know you will love the results!

@tahm42 Good luck! How dis the swim go?

@rwood566 That is hilarious!

@2BThinAgain5 The great news is that the scale is not up very much - and getting outside to exercise is a great plan!

@lindamtuck2018 I'm so glad the visit at the occupational therapist was a positive one!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Cara

I just I looked at mine. It says 31,500 for the month. Maybe it’s an April fools joke. 🤷‍♀️
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh in Day:

PW: 229
    CW: 228.8

I'm so stinking tired. Body aches from sitting in these gawd awful hard hospital chairs. We're supposed to leave for Washington on Monday and the doctor feels he'll get a thumbs up to be discharged later today. CT scan showed a small hernia that could be causing his pain. (He said it's normal to get hernia's with transplant patients). He just needs to "SLOW HIS ROLL" for a bit.

Other than that... it's all good!

So, with that being said... I'm coming to the April group!!!

I am glad you will be staying for April. I hope your husband’s pain subsides. How long will you be going away?
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/31:
    Calories: 1,180
    Exercise: None - rest day
    Steps: 7,381

I had a great workout this morning - taking rest days really helps! My Apple watch is not being very nice to me this month - it has given me a goal of burning 17,600 calories in April - I'm going to be working out A LOT!!

@Beautyofdreams That sounds like a big project - but I know you will love the results!

@tahm42 Good luck! How dis the swim go?

@rwood566 That is hilarious!

@2BThinAgain5 The great news is that the scale is not up very much - and getting outside to exercise is a great plan!

@lindamtuck2018 I'm so glad the visit at the occupational therapist was a positive one!

Cara

I just I looked at mine. It says 31,500 for the month. Maybe it’s an April fools joke. 🤷‍♀️

@lindamtuck2018 That's 1,050 calories per day - that's crazy!
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mile update for March!!!
    exercise.png

Holy beanbags @tahm42! That's AMAZEBALLS!!!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Mile update for March!!!
    exercise.png

That is awesome!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Mile update for March!!!
    exercise.png

This is amazing!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Just got my new drivers license. These are 5 years apart. I look like a criminal in both but I see a difference. Do you?
    yatbj36z2beo.jpeg

Absolutely see a difference ... Great job :)
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @tahm42 Have fun swimming!

@rwood566 One day at a time! I do like the zoom meetings and am very thankful -- I can go almost any hour of the day or night. There is one meeting local to me on Saturday mornings, but I will be out of town on Saturdays for the next couple of weeks so... This has been when silver lining of the pandemic: so many people are willing to try zoom to help connect people across the miles! But I do look forward to going to in-person when I can.

@2BThinAgain5 I finally admitted to myself last year that I am too likely to bail on walking if the weather isn't PERFECT -- so now I do the Walk at Home App whenever the weather isn't too my liking! No excuses ;-) -- I know, I can always find an excuse if I try!!

@lindamtuck2018 Yes, I do! Great!

And now for a Real Fri WI, no April's Fools

Fri WI
    PW 260
    CW 256
    6 days not overeating at my meals

I am in Nashville with my family this weekend and then next week I will be at my Mom's all week to help her after her knee surgery. One day at a time!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: friday
    PW: 225.6
    CW: 225.0. - 0.6 lb
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening all. Hope your weekend is flowing smoothly.
    Check in for 4/1:
    Steps - 13149
    Calories - 1896 or hopefully close. Went back to sea world for another round of food fest. Dessert run this time. Tried several and was pleasantly surprised by some. Honey on greek yogurt ice cream? Yum. Logged it all but had to guess on cal.
    Exercise - 5 hours at sea world. 3 rides - 1 water ride and 2 coasters. Got drenched and spent the rest of the day drying off. Sunburn. Sore feet.

Got a call about my blood work. I have a low iron retention. I expected (hoped) for that. I was getting light headed for 2 days before the test. suppliment for 3 months then retest.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW: 194 (9/1/20)
    PW: 145.2
    CW: 144

Yes, Linda, please move me to support for April 7 through May. I will most likely be weighing in before the end of May, but I'll let you know.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday team. ♥️

Weigh in :

Username : mari_moulin
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Weigh in week : 5
    Previous weight : 209.4
    Current weight : 209.8

Steps :

Sun - 20,463
    Mon - 26,836
    Tue - 16,419
    Wed - 14,086
    Thu - 10,926
    Fri - 13,520
    Sat - Coming 🔜
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, Downsizers!

4/1:
    Calories: 1,177
    Exercise: 75 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 13,643

I had a great exercise day yesterday. I am heading out to the adoption stand in a little while. I was hoping to get my exercise done before that - but - it didn't happen - so I am planning to exercise when I get back.

@melissadreed903 I'm so happy that you will be continuing on with us - you are a valued member of our team!

@tahm42 Your miles are incredible! I know you will reach your goal this year!!

@lindamtuck2018 You look amazing! You can definitely see a difference!!

@MeowScout Great loss and excellent progress - go you!!

@rwood566 I hope the iron supplements help and that your next round of tests show improvement!

@Bluetail6 Nice loss! We will miss you - but are looking forward to seeing you back in May!

@mari_moulin Amazing steps! What's your secret??

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @MeowScout
    Amazing loss! Enjoy Nashville and I hope your mom has a quick recovery.

@rwood566
    I hope the supplement helps with the dizziness. A food fest of desserts. That sounds like heaven.

@Bluetail6
    Nice loss for the week. I will move you to support. Keep in touch while you are away.

@mari_moulin
    Crazy steps!

@peng123
    Awesome exercise! I don’t think the Apple April challenge is a joke. It’s still the same this morning.

n97yvkxba6no.jpeg

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Yesterday’s weigh in. This morning I am 205. 🤷‍♀️

lindamtuck2018
    PW 206.2
    CW 207.4
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ❌Steps 9,474
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 1,138/1500

I got to the pool later than I should so I had to cut my workout short to get to the rest of my day. This left me short on my converted step goal. It’s grocery shopping day so I have to be quick at the pool again.

Have a fun Saturday!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin Amazing steps! What's your

@mari_moulin
    Crazy steps!

Nice long walks with Jax plus Mondays I’ve been going to Zumba in the evenings so it’s a very high step day.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 4/2

PW 234.3
    CW 233.1

Loss 1.2

I’ll take it given all the traveling and eating out and lack of exercise this week!
This discussion has been closed.