Neurographica Class: Mandala of Reconciliation

beccaboo1276414
beccaboo1276414 Posts: 872 Member
edited April 2022 in Social Groups
8u68uf0t5i4t.jpg

I took a neurographica class today, and will attempt to write out my notes from that class.

1. Draw a circle for your mandala which is basically your inner world. The circle represents something within us. Develop within the Inner Constraints algorithm.
2. Pick your Theme: Good v. Bad: reconcile opposites, or look for solutions, like pros v. Cons. If you want balance: rest v. Work which is what I did today. When you reconcile opposites, you create stability.
3. Pick your Theme. Make a chart of positive adjectives first. See below #4. This is to activate our mind to the topic or situation.
A. Draw conjouring lines. See below. B. Draw Neurographic Lines through the circle. The line does not repeat patterns. C. Rounding harsh corners. A sharp corner represents danger to our situation, while the circle is just the opposite, no danger.
4. Conjouring lines, how to. Go to your Theme chart and write 10 adjectives pertaining to relaxation. Then using the energy you conjoured up, draw you lines within half the circle. Alina drew some wild lines! After that, go back to your Theme chart and write down 10 adjectives pertaining to the bad stuff. Then use that energy on the other side within the circle and draw your lines. This is the Algorithm to Remove Inner Constraints, when the draw the wild lines on each side of the circle.
5. Then after your wild positive and negative lines within the circle, you draw your neurographic lines. Start outside the circle and draw through the circle. The idea is you connect both sides together or take the division and transform to oneness. We have created the Composition, or the structure of our drawing.
6. Next, you round out all corners. As a beginner, Alina said it was best to use one color of marker so you don't have to worry about blending the colors at the rounded out areas. Here, we are working on our inner state or our attitudes. The space within the lines is our immediate environment and related to your issue. Rounding integrates our drawing and is a very important step. Round all corners in one sitting. We never consider ourselves as separate from our environment. Round all intersections.
7. We can then use color. Alina prefers colored pencils as it is not as intense as markers. We connect the different areas with color. Use marker or pencil lines to emphasize the rounding. We are trying to align ourselves to the forces of nature or the "power" or the "source"
8. Use your intuition. Draw 2 or 3 Field Lines. Strong and thicker lines through the circle. You can use a different color for the field lines, but you must blend the colors. The field lines "support" my work or understanding of the issue.
9. After all that, emphasize different rounded shapes within the drawing, thicker lines for the shape. This gives power and nourishment to the drawing. Use your intuition to see the shapes that come from the drawing. Then Round the new corners from emphasizing that shape. This is called "Attaching Our Energy" or "Attaching our Results."
10. Do the drawing to your perception of beauty. Your feelings will let you know when it is done.

When rounding, notice how your feelings change...become calmer.

Note: my positives were for my Theme of Relaxing v. Work were: feel good, spiritual, mental, physical, joy, trees, nature, fun, leaves etc.
Negatives were achy bones, tired, bland, drab, boring, frustrated, exhausted. It did feel like I resolved the situation to some extent. I needed to do more work on it.

I will be learning the 7 different rules of neurographica soon. She gave a brief explanation of some of the rules in this class.

April 29th is a neurographica celebration. It is the 8th anniversary since this art form was created in 2014.

Replies

• KRENTX
    KRENTX Posts: 1,309 Member
    So interesting, Becca! I'll study this later and try to map out a way to ease my anxiety about my upcoming THP! Total Hip Replacement.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 872 Member
    I'm sure it will help!