Options
    Exercise: yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: yes

Pass days - 0
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    May 4: ✅✅✅ (slightly more than 13,300 steps on the day - all food logged, most of 118 fitbit exercise calories earned were "left in the pot"

Monthly total:
    ✅✅ ❌✅
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    5/4
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

May goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging

………………………

I friend of mine just bought a piglet, I want one but probably not a good idea with Pete and Parker lol

47akuetfnune.jpg
    z152fyy6okhc.jpg
    [/quote]

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    3x yes

I’m mostly at level 4 in regards to logging. i may deviate on vacation or other travels. Restaurant meals trip me up.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 40 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 passdays used ( )

Maybe around 3. I have tracked during the years 2000-2001, 2008-2012, and for close to a year now. I still tend to record everything in the late in the middle and end of the day instead of record as I go. And I rarely pre-log anymore even though I know it usually helps me. But I think the only day I have failed to track since August was a day of vacation when it just seemed to be impossible to guess what was in a recipe at a restaurant-- so I give myself credit for sticking to my purpose although I am really not a stickler for details.
  • Sumner100Christ_follower
    Options
    Exercise? Yes - I rode 28.33 miles on my Peloton indoor bike in an hour and a half.
    Under calories? Yes
    Tracked meals? Yes

2/3 Pass Days
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,068 Member
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie Oh my goodness Pete & Parker are adorable! And you are right, I expect their votes would each be a solid “no”. Great job today!
  • SilverSage1
    SilverSage1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    3 days in a row!
    Exercise ✅
    Tracking ✅ even the wine.
    Calories ✅ and I was under.

Still 1/3 Pass days (those darn cookies)
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Well one today on three “yeses” for the Fourth of May:

@Caramel_Apple @tahm42 @eokoro @TerriRichardson112 @Winner_in_Life @jmu1965 @Maggie_MJ

@ snowshoe072 It is such a good feeling when it all comes together, right? 🌸🌻🌺

@SummerSkier The learning never stops — and thank goodness as it really does add spice to life. 🌶🌶🌶

@Tarann75 Cheering for your success today — hotel stays are really hard and you’ve conquered this one! We are here for you 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Welcome @atoina ans great job today! 🌟🌟🌟

@ideas2 Super job tracking and so great that you have many years of practice too. 🌟

@Sumner100Christ_follower Amazing ride! 🚴🏻‍♀️🚴🏻‍♀️🚴🏻‍♀️

@LazyBlondeChef Well done! I’m with you on restaurant meals: they trip me up too. Good thing we don’t eat out often any more. 🌷

@biketheworld Awesome job today! You are in the groove with ZERO pass days! 🏆

@BMcC9 Super job! You’ve got this 🥰
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 39 minute walk, 47 minutes on the Peloton, 10 minutes of stretching
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 0

I would say my tracking is probably a level 3 striving to hit level 4.

I don't skip adding things as I like to be as complete as possible. But, I don't obsess over the perfect selection either. I am as accurate as I possibly can be in all ways. I pre-log before I eat and always fill out my diary even if the day wasn't what I hoped it would be.

It's a necessary evil that I've come to embrace and even enjoy for the freedom it brings me.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Great opener today @enlightenme3 and it clearly was a great touchstone for so many of us today — thank you Marisa! 💐💐💐

I’d put myself down as a pretty solid 3, as long as we aren’t travelling or dining out.
    😬 I’m still in the “track every leaf of romaine lettuce” phase, but am grateful for my own tenacity at this phase of my journey. Too early for me to get too confident in my “estimates” as my cross check of some of those last month gave me a couple of eye openers. I don’t mind tracking (but for restaurant meals which can be tricky — so good thing we don’t dine out often).
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Sending out Champion Vibes to those who checked in despite needing a pass today:

@donna25trinity Thinking of you as you confine your transition back to work with the baby in the care of others. It isn’t easy. Sending momma love ♥️

@jjjcat Well done checking in — tomorrow will be kinder.

@lesdarts180 20,000 Steps 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 You are truly amazing. How wonderful that you will have two weeks away — in your motor home? And where is KOS? Google couldn’t help. 🤔
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Well done today @loopydo2017 @ashleycarole86 @SilverSage1 🌻🌻🌻
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yoga
    Under calories? Yes
    Tracked meals? Yes
    Pass Days? 1/3

Days last so long without yummy snacking. I guess I snack more than I thought. I'm going to add more low cal veggies to add to the mix to offset all these calories.
  • jamcnewman
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Wednesday May 4
    Exercise done prior to the drive ✅
    Tracked it all (well, as much as we can with shared plates when dining out) ✅
    Pretty close to using total calories (including using today’s exercise bank) but going to call it as a pass day. ❎

Beautiful day today and so happy to see our daughter sign the roll. Proud mama moment 🥰
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @jamcnewman to your beautiful daughter! What an accomplishment - you must be very proud.

✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise and neighborhood walk
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    1 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-2-3-4
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,729 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman Kos is a Greek island. We will be self catering, but with unfamiliar food items. And eating out in the evenings.
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie maybe Peter and Parker would love a piglet friend!
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    May 4
    Exercise: 15 minutes MommaStrong. Did not find time for any other exercise, so I guess that makes a pass day right there.
    Tracking: Planned the day
    Calories: Followed the plan, but added in a bit of nibbling but also tracked it and still under

I guess we have to call that my second pass day. I honestly have been so focused on the tracking that I forgot about missing 5 minutes of exercise until right now. A bit of a disappointment but that's the rules.

I don't even want to assess my level of competence at tracking. I've been doing it on and off for most of my adult life, but only for a few weeks at a time (my method of maintenance was scale based, and if I exceeded a certain number I would track until I was a few pounds back down). I started on MFP in February 2021 and that's the first time I've tried to track every day long-term.

I almost always plan out my day the night before. I find that to be a pretty easy habit - and tracking has gotten even easier as I passed the 1 year mark, because we have a few recipes that we eat only once a year and now all of those are in the system too. I did have to learn to not let the perfect be the enemy of the good and I do try to find equivalents for eating out/takeout. If it's takeout I will weigh things before putting them on my plate. (I don't bring my scale when we go out to eat!) We almost never get from restaurants that provide nutrition information but I often will research similar food from restaurants that do post nutrition info.

The difficulty comes with whether I am following the plan! Until a few months ago, I would add on a few nibbles of things - from off the kids' plates or from the kids' snack drawer - without tracking them, just pretending I wasn't doing it. When my weight loss stalled I started really looking at that and tried to just eat what I planned. Then I was starving! And realized that I actually had been sneaking a lot of calories.

So, after a fair bit of agonizing and getting some coaching from wise members of this challenge, I upped my daily calories. Now I have 1650 as my daily goal instead of I think it was 1300 before. And I try to plan around 1300-1500 of those, still leaving a little buffer for the nibbles. And I track all the nibbles -yesterday it was something like 5 pretzels, 1 cup of kettlecorn, 1/2 oz of pita chips, etc. etc. It works if the nibbles don't get too out of control. I really wish that I could stop the nibbling. I really wish we didn't have the stuff in the house. But skipping the nibbling is easier if I eat enough nutritious food, so I do try to make sure I plan that.