May 6

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,259 Member
    ✅✅✅ 3️⃣ pass days

My Why?

Because I wanted to be as fit and healthy as I could for as long as I could, I have become a person who values the health and fitness of my body, mind, and spirit.

One habit at a time, I endeavour to live congruently.

#LiveCongruently!
    #HealthyBody
    #HealthySoul
    #HealthyMind
    #HealthySpirit

#A360DegreesHealthyPerson - I totally agree with you. Thank you for this perspective!
  • victorious55
    edited May 2022
    Yes x3
    Great topic and Just what I needed right now..... I have had a few whys esp in the last 2 years wen I joined Uac. I had the luxury of being a stay at home mum and altho it was tough financially we made do and it gave me the opportunity to focus of my health. Now being back at work I am hving to rethink my why and also we adjust my health goals to fit in with my new working life. My why at the moment is to hve a normal relationship with food and weight and not let it consume me as much as it does. This will allow me to live in the present moment with my toddler and also teach him how to regulate his emotions wen he grows up.. xo

#NormalRelationshipWithFood
    #NormalRelationshipWithWeight

#MomInThePresent
    #AMomThatModelsTheTruth

A healthy relationship with our emotions is very important. I am very sure your toddler will grow up to appreciate you. My young adult son recently gave me a hug and thanked me for taking care of myself, making sure they eat healthy, modelling healthy lifestyle, and said "...I have a foundation to pass on to my own family..." I was emotional.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,138 Member
    @victorious55 Ty for the thought provoking post. I have a lot of why's too. They are related to my overall health, both mental and physical.

Yes x 3 today.
  • victorious55
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    @victorious55 Ty for the thought provoking post. I have a lot of why's too. They are related to my overall health, both mental and physical.

Yes x 3 today.

Yes this is very important!

#OverallMentalHealth
    #OverallPhysicalHealth
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 970 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, Paula B strength training
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? I was over
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? I did not. Sweet snacks
    2/3 pass days used.

I resonated with the Precision Nutrition article. I enjoy eating salads and vegetables and fruit and less breads and sweets. My sleep is better.

@SilverSage1 that's awesome that you are not taking a statin. I have been working with a dietician to lower mine but my last test results didn't reflect much of a change. I feel it may have been skewed because I was recovering from Sepsis. Also my mother's cholesterol numbers are always higher and her doctor has accepted that. She is 82 and healthy. Anyway I am going to try a statin for a bit but my goal is to not take them.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,221 Member
    ✅ Exercise: 45 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 passdays used ( )
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    @SilverSage1 I asked my dr if he thought statins were good and he said yes, they help a lot of people. I do not agree. I believe the body needs cholesterol. If my body is high in cholesterol that's because I'm eating too much junk and not enough animal products, so the body produces more cholesterol to balance me out. This is not a good thing. Doctors practice medicine. I do not want drugs or a drug dealer. I want proper nutrition. My body is smart enough to heal itself if the food industry and medical industry would stop poisoning me. Rant over.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    edited May 2022
    5/6
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

May goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,453 Member
    @jamcnewman lots of hugs feel better
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    May 6
    Another pass day, but barely. I think I'm at 3 now... heading for Champion again I guess
    Exercise: 15 minutes MommaStrong, 40 minutes walk
    Tracking: Planned the day. I knew it was going to be an off schedule day, so I needed an extra snack, so the plan was very close to my target calories
    Calories: But I continued snacking like I had left the buffer, and just didn't track it - so probably a few hundred calories over.

Great opener @victorious55 and I am so inspired by reading everyone's responses.

My original why for losing weight was that I gained it during pregnancy when I was very sick and it just never felt like my own body after that. After 10 years I have gotten somewhat used to it - like I don't walk into walls or bump into people so much anymore because I do know the size of my body. But I don't like it and it doesn't feel right. My exercise has also been focused on that recovery - getting back my core strength so that I feel steady - and that has helped a lot, that my body can do what it used to do.

As I am maybe approaching the point at which my body now wants to be stuck, which is in a healthy BMI range but is not where I was before, I am beginning to try to accept that "getting my body back" is not an achievable goal.

I read all those articles, which are great. I do think immune stuff is a good motivation for me - I have an autoimmune thyroid condition and I have been told that losing weight will help slow its progression, so that is definitely motivation.

I began really devoting time to this journey right around my 39th birthday, and so aging healthily was part of the motivation for sure - just setting myself up as best I can for the next phase of life. At 42 I am feeling pretty good.