1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yoga
    Under calories? Yes, 1,400 max
    Tracked meals? Yes
    Pass Days? 2/3

Water goal? No
    Apple Cider Vinegar? Yes

I'm not sure of my why. So, I can't really define my how. I've been searching how to implement a good diet. Every time I read an article, the healthy food list gets shorter and shorter. Today my how is yoga and low cals.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @enlightenme3 Gorgeous.. have a blast on the rest of the trip
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, two walks for a total of 62 minutes, a 48 minute Peloton ride, 5 minute post ride stretch, and 10 minutes of yoga for glutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 0
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    3x yes
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    3xyes. 4.3km freestyle
    Excellent!

Have to correct. The day turned into the 2nd pass day due to the late appetite 😊
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    May 8
    Exercise: 20 minutes of resistance bands with my 6 year old from his "Handee Band" book. Probably not a lot of actual movement in those 20 mins, but I'm still going to count if for effort.
    Tracking: Pre-planned the day, though not until the morning. Estimated for leftover Chinese food takeout (which I wasn't going to eat but then there were some dumplings nobody else wanted so I had to eat them - ugh). Then tracked the nibbles I had later
    Calories: Under
    It was really on the edge of a pass day, but I'm going to give myself the success.

How I do it. Currently:
    - Try to make meals 100-200 calories of protein, 100-200 calories of healthy (whole grain or vegetable) carbs, and a whole giant heap of low-carb vegetables, and keep the calories in the sauce limited. Been following basically that template since I started losing weight - I started with that rather than counting calories, but it was 3oz protein and 1/2 cup healthy carbs.
    - Pre-plan my day at a few hundred calories under my goal of 1650, and then track any nibbles I come up with throughout the day (or staying at the deficit would also be fine...)
    - Try for 3 kinds of exercise most days a week: 15 minute MommaStrong D15, 20 minutes of stretching (including PT assigned stretches), at least 20 minute walk. Very minimal, but not nothing
    - Check in here every day - ideally on the computer in the am so I have time to think and write, and then on the pm on my phone to do more reading.
    - 1 treat every night before bed, no treats other times

Not that I manage all of those every day, but that's my goal.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,727 Member
    Options
    07/05/2022
    Exercise – yes, bike ride, gym and cardio.
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    3 pass days

Beautifully sunny today, had a lovely bike ride and got to the gym.

My How?

Weighing every day (when I’m at home) and not letting any gains stick around. I log into the Maintainers thread every week to record the actual and trend weight – it keeps me aware of what’s going on.

Logging my food. Meticulous logging when I’m at home informs my choices when I’m eating out.

Keeping active and getting some serious exercise done – weight bearing for bones (osteoporosis) – cardio for general fitness and mobility.

Getting outside for at least 30 minutes a day whenever possible – for mental health.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - WOW your “how” post is amazing and inspiring! All those journals and goals - that’s remarkable - giant kudos to you!

@Elbee1 - hugs to you regarding your mom. That has to be tough.

This was pass day #1 - was so busy that I didn’t get in any formal exercise (I suppose I could count the climb to the top of a Firetower with my grandkids but even that didn’t take 20 minutes)
  • SilverSage1
    SilverSage1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Still 2/3- hoping to save it for a party on 5/21
  • MizSpiffy
    MizSpiffy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Saturday May 7
    Pass day
    Still not 100% committed to this but trying my best, and to find what makes it 'easy' for me ... pre-planning, focus on nutrition, movement early in the day before I get sidetracked and reading all your inspiring posts is good way to start. Keep up the good work y'all
  • hopefaithlifts
    hopefaithlifts Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    May 7

Exercise ✅
    Calories ✖️
    Tracked ✖️

3/3 Pass Days (May 2, 6 & 7)
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    May 7/22
    Yes x 3 today. Because I'm in a bad state sleeping wise, it's all about preserving my energy. Therefore I am counting food preparation and cleanup as exercise.

I'm still developing my "How". Certain things have improved: I'm rarely binging anymore nor emotionally eating. I'm working on identifying and addressing my emotional triggers. I am developing healthy routines for exercising and working out stress and anxiety. And starting on Monday, I am returning to the office so that will lend itself to a new set of "hows".
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,727 Member
    Options
    @Elbee1 So tough to hear of your mum's situation. Sending hugs your way.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    5/7

Exercise: 150 minutes
    Tracking: yes