May 15

Options

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,049 Member
    Options
    @enlightenme3 Two amazing NSVs! I still remember your stories of your skorts and now to be moving into size 8 hiking pants! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 And your poor husband worrying about the reason for your speed. 😂😂😂 What a change for you since October!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,832 Member
    Options
    5/15
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

May goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    I have washed, cut, & packed fresh vegetables every morning. Yum.

I have not given up.

• calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    5/15

Exercise: 145 minutes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 1
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    May 15
    Was supposed to be my back on track day, but not quite.
    Exercise: 15 minutes MommaStrong D15 and probably could count the 3 loads of laundry I did (laundry in basement, my closet on 3rd floor) as another 5 minutes of exercise. I did not leave the house, and I took a long nap to recover from all the fun the day before so it wasn't the most active day!
    Tracking: Planned the day
    Calories: Followed the plan for the most part except that I made pancakes for the kids in the morning and ate the batter while I was cooking and then my son wanted 2 pancakes but only ate one so I ate his leftovers too. And then my digestive system was unhappy all day so I think I did cure myself of that. I hope! Because Sunday pancakes is becoming a thing and I'd like to be able to do it without getting myself in trouble.

My NSV is getting back on track after April vacation/indulgence. And then of course undoing all the progress Thurs - Sat with reunion. But I will get back on track again!

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    I can't think of a nsv this month. I'll jump on tomz and read all your nsv's. Xo
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In Date: Sunday, May 15th

Did I track everything? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie range of 1500 -1611? Yes, 1310
    If calories were over for the day, was the difference walked off before bed?

How many miles on Treadmill today? Treadmill Off Day
    Treadmill Days are Mon thru Fri and Sat & Sun Off
    Active for 20 minutes on Sat & Sun

Progression of weekly 1.5-to-2-pound lost goal:
    Did I drink my daily water goal?
    Pass Day Count: 3/3
    Last Month Pass Day Count: Skipped April so that would be 30

Did Laundry and read most of my Interview Prep book, which I will finish on Monday.

As for the discussion post: My NSV is that this week was the first week I met my treadmill goal of 5 days a week on the treadmill, and I also met my 1.5 to 2 pounds lost goal with a 2.2-pound loss for the week. Since I have been trying to change my mindset from "diet calories" to "maintenance calories" as I lose weight this time, I have noticed that I am usually under my calorie allotment, and I am not hungry all day or thinking of food all day like I was before when I would go on my 1200 a day calorie diets. I think this is the key factor for a permanent change for me. I believe with this mindset change I will be able to adapt successfully to a healthy lifestyle, finally!

• Maggie_MJ
    Maggie_MJ Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    • Yes, 7,000+ steps, 56 zone mins
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,527 Member
    Options
    3rd Pass day for me-messed up at 10pm last night with ice cream
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    My NSV:
    That I'm in a place where riding my bike for 4 hours is possible!
    Today with my husband's support I completed my first ever metric century ride (100 KM). What a thrill!
    Congratulations! It must have been beautiful out there!
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    NSVs for May

I have a couple this month:
    1. Yesterday and today, two different neighbours stopped to chat and said they had wondered who was out walking Beauregard, and then realized it was me. 🥸
    2. I have been able to stop my morning GERD medication (still taking one before bed). Last month my NSV was stopping my morning blood pressure medication. 😍
    3. I realized the other day that I just pulled my jeans down without undoing the button or zipper. Hmmm. Perhaps I need to size down? 😂😂😂 I have no idea what size I am now. Next weekend, we’ll have passed the last days of frost predicted and I’ll be getting the summer clothes out to figure out what I need.

So, quite pleased!

That's so funny about your neighbors. Around here, sometimes we all know the names of the pets walking by but sometimes forget who their people when we see them without their furry friends.

It's simply wonderful that your health markers have improved so much that you can stop taking medication. I can barely remember to take my vitamins (D and B12) that my doctor told me I should take, so getting my blood work to a point where I don't need them would be nice.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,366 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,049 Member
    Options
    @enlightenme3 The two neighbours it happened with are women I know fairly well and have been actively connected with on social media. 😂😂😂 We’ve been so winter and Covid cooped up here, it is hard to recognize anyone (especially outdoors in spring coats and without a mask). Thanks for your message 💛
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    NSVs for May

I have a couple this month:

3. I realized the other day that I just pulled my jeans down without undoing the button or zipper. Hmmm. Perhaps I need to size down? 😂😂😂 I have no idea what size I am now. Next weekend, we’ll have passed the last days of frost predicted and I’ll be getting the summer clothes out to figure out what I need.

So, quite pleased!
    2y2efipd31k5.gif

• victorious55
    Options

I have 2 NSV's related to my recent backpacking trip last weekend. The first was that I needed new hiking pants since all of mine were too large. I asked a sales person for help finding a size 10 and she looked at me and said, "I hope I'm not overstepping, but you look like a size 8." Sure enough, size 8 it was. I haven't worn that size since 8th grade!

The second was as we were hiking out, my daughter and I were going so fast that my husband thought we had to had to use the bathroom. :-) Nope - we were just fast.

As an aside, I weighed myself with my packed backpack on and together we weighed less than just me the first time I went backpacking in October.

djnwj25jg9op.gif
  • victorious55
    Options
    May 15, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (14 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (12 days)

Pass days 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).

My NSVs are
    1. getting back to my routine successfully after a very stressful April.
    2. my "nut" free days are increasing :)
    3. More in control of my sugar macros. Which means I am managing my fruit intake. :)
    4. Good combination of Freggies instead of only the sweet freggies :)