Class and Practice Checkin for Week of May 16, 2022

Options
Out_of_Bubblegum
Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
“In order to control myself I must first accept myself by going with and not against my nature.” – Bruce Lee

Replies

• Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    Monday: Finally got back to the gym - last week was a disaster scheduling-wise, so wasn't able to make it except once... Feeling it a bit thanks to the break, but happy to be back at it.

One thing I'm noticing - my endurance is much higher when sparring now, and it's much easier to keep power levels where they should be in forms.

One thing that being a high rank black belt is very challenging... staying in shape! When I was a colored belt, it was a lot easier, as I was attending 12+ classes/week - so in addition to all the practice, I was just getting a massive amount of cardio and bodyweight work and great stretching too.

The gym isn't exactly a replacement for that, but it is something I can do outside of classes and is a lot easier to track improvement.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I had to miss my pilates with my friend on Wednesday because of work. But I am really seeing a difference, just with once a week, in my flexibility
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    Wednesday: Gym time - short one, weights only, as I had a schedule conflict again, but managed to get in and get at least 1/2 hour in.

Thursday: Morning park practice - lower forms + practice on my newest.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    We trained at our new dojo today (Saturday)! It was so awesome! It is a narrow dojo, but it has an incredible view of the sunrise!
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    Skipped Saturday at the park due to rain... boooo.

Sunday: Black belt class