Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    May 21
    Exercise: no
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    All pass days used

3/21 days this month - done successfully. Better than none!

re: Covid
    I've had lots of trouble with this... especially with my parents who were in Assisted Living. My Dad basically died of Covid -- well he got it the end of December 2020 & died in October 2021. He was a fighter. My Mom suffered from reaction to the Phizer Booster Oct 2021, and has been unable to stand on her own since then. Hospitalized for quite a while & now only wheelchair/bed. She had Covid the end of Dec. 2021, too, and barely made it. She got much better until the Booster.

Discovered that I really like working from home although always rejected it in the past when my boss offered. Now, he wants me in the office & I miss working from home.

My husband and I are not masking as frequently as we were. Covid is re-surging here, though, so am still very cautious. Still zooming rather than attend in person. Not socializing yet, really. Mainly my husband and I have been overly careful because of not wanting to expose elderly communities and because we have 2 Grandbabies who are too young for vaccines.

I feel like I've lost a couple years of my life -- just seemed like nothing happened... or like my life was put on hold. Really weird to me. I miss my Dad and visiting the ALF my parents were in. I also had a social network there with others in similar situations as me. Most the others family members at the ALF died and also not being able to meet up with these friends has just has taken something from me, too. I'm a lonelier person, now. My Mom is in a Group Care Home, now, with no activities going on. Very sad... but she is healthier, now, and would not have made it if she had returned to the ALF. Physically she is being taken care of better at the Group Home. But, it is just not as nice as the ALF and I miss the social interactions & I know she does, too. The other 4 residents are hardly ever even seen...

So, not a lot has changed for me, yet... my husband and I were just starting back to socializing when this Covid resurgence began.

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,558 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅

Here in our area of NY state near the Canadian border our numbers are rising once again. The border is now open again which was closed except for essential reasons, travelers/visitors have returned to the area unfortunately not soon enough for some businesses. As far as me? I keep my mask with me and have begun to wear it again especially in busy locations. I work from home most days and have really adapted well to it I find myself less productive in the office. There are too many distractions but I think this is the “new” normal.

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,400 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • atoina
    atoina Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise
    ✅ I tracked everything
    ❌ 150 calories over

3️⃣/3️⃣

Normal life in UK like nothing is happening. No masks anywhere and people make fun of the ones wearing them. I still have mine in my pocket and I use it if I feel a place is unsafe. We don't know about real numbers because free tests have stopped and the news about coronavirus aren't on the front page for anymore.

I suppose it's time to live with it.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    Saturday May 21
    ✅ Lots of walking and gardening and cleaning; 14,000+ steps; 9.2 km

✅ Tracked it all

✅ Calories were close, but under.

2 pass days used in May (4 & 20)
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,621 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. 4 pass days used for the month.
    Covid in NJ-well the new surge hasn’t hit here yet that I know of. We are in a really rural area (northwest NJ) so it will hit just not yet.
    I am very grateful life is almost back to normal. My 8th grader is supposed to go to DC for 2 days with school, still has graduation and class picnic and awards assembly. My 11th grader got to attend prom.
    Hoping If covid comes back, it just requires masks and not shutting down schools/end of year activities. My older one really struggled with virtual school-my older one thrived became a homebody-only left the house for dance class-we used to ask her to leave
  • atoina
    atoina Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Sorry, this comment was for day 22. How to you delete comments?
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    5/21

Exercise: 150 minutes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 1
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,116 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    🥳 Congrats 🥳 for 3 x yes
    @victorious55
    @Caramel_Apple
    @StayFITTer
    @GrandmaJackie
    @tahm42
    @ideas2
    @alligatorob
    @enlightenme3
    @LazyBlondeChef
    @ashleycarole86
    @snowshoe072
    @Marilynsretired
    @jamcnewman
    @bookieNJ
    @calvin20874

🎉 Bravo 🎉 for consistently posting
    @jmu1965
    @Caroline_slowandsteady
    @Elbee1
    @atoina
    @MadisonMolly2017

It’s interesting to read the opinions of people on Covid. I feel for those who have compromised immune systems. They are suffering because of the selfishness of many people who think only of themselves.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I quilted all weekend which was a great "recharge" time for me. Well, Saturday was mostly quality time with my seam ripper, but it was still a good productive quilting weekend for me. Now I am trying to play catch-up in my UAC postings.

yes x 3 on Saturday
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    I quilted all weekend which was a great "recharge" time for me. Well, Saturday was mostly quality time with my seam ripper, but it was still a good productive quilting weekend for me. Now I am trying to play catch-up in my UAC postings.

yes x 3 on Saturday

As a sometimes quilter, I know how satisfying it can be to undo some of the work.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @atoina - unfortunately after an hour, comments can no longer be deleted.
    @MadisonMolly2017 -Aw I am sorry that you need to be quarantined/very careful. I’ve had 2 jabs and a booster-I am not eligible (due to age) for 2nd booster. We were so careful-only since January have I branched out more. Happy that you are ok 99 percent of the time
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    bookieNJ wrote: »
    @atoina - unfortunately after an hour, comments can no longer be deleted.
    @MadisonMolly2017 -Aw I am sorry that you need to be quarantined/very careful. I’ve had 2 jabs and a booster-I am not eligible (due to age) for 2nd booster. We were so careful-only since January have I branched out more. Happy that you are ok 99 percent of the time

Thank you so much @bookieNJ 💞💞💞
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @MadusonMolly
    You are a remarkable person. The world would be a better place if we had more people like you.

So many seem to have learnt nothing from what we have been through over the last few years.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    🥳 Congrats 🥳 for 3 x yes

It’s interesting to read the opinions of people on Covid. I feel for those who have compromised immune systems. They are suffering because of the selfishness of many people who think only of themselves.

I feel the same. Too many selfish and self-centered people.
  • bookieNJ
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 -yw!
    @victorious55-I have two good friends who are so anti covid vaccine. It angered and frightened me to hear their feelings about it. They recently got very sick with covid and I was glad we didn’t lose them
  • Maggie_MJ
    Maggie_MJ Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    • Yes, 10,000+ steps, 242 zone minutes
    • Yes
    • Yes