Thirsty Thursday Cup of Joe 5.26.2022

Options
raineray
raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.
“You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – W. Bruce Cameron

Replies

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB.
    Tom returns from working up north today!! Larry and I have been holding down the fort but took time to play hooky on the water Tuesday.
    Unfortunately, we will not be able to join the BBB retreat weekend. We will have just returned from 7+ weeks working up north - literally on Tuesday of that week when we would have to hit the road Thursday for the BBB weekend. Bummer.
    --> we have paid for half of the cost so anyone that has been on the fence or considering going you can have our deposit!
    Do good out there everyone.
    r49l3xa81ato.jpeg
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I've got a bit of a sour stomach this morning with gas that would make a hog gag. So it's the perfect time for an all day meeting with 6 people in a small conference room, right?
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin ' BBB.

Lou. SMH. You gotta figure a way to harness that methane energy.
    Glorious cool sunny day here.

BBB OP ;-)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Bummer Raine. We'll miss the 3 of you.
    • Looks like we are in for a day of Rain (without the e).
    • Good luck with that Lou.
    • I have some supplies ordering I need to do for Boys State.
    • It appears the Braves will be playing the Nationals on 7/17, right before Boys Nation starts.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Beginning my five day weekend today - friend flying into town from Maine to pickup a used Vette he bought in my area. Treating him to the suite at Nats park tonight....

So sorry to hear we won't have Tom/Raine and #Larry joining us in the fall! Doc? Lou? Moody's? Tom/Mary? Steph/Ron?

Dennis - can I just say - it really is odd to see Freddie in any uniform other than ATL. He had a bad night last night in Dodger Blue against the Nats.....

SBD's and give the stink eye (pun intended) to someone sitting in the adjacent seat works well, Lou. Hang in there.

Have a great day!

~Skipper
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Ah, Mariners baseball, the long, slow tragedy. We began the season full of optimism that THIS would finally be the year. Sadly, they look like the same old Mariners. Maybe next year (?).

Let's see how things look in the Western Washington sports scene. The Kraken were horrible, the Mariners stink, the Seahawks traded away the best quarterback they have ever had. Even the Storm (WNBA) and Sounders have disappointed. And the weather is lousy, too. 2022 is a good year to turn off the TV and read a book.

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Emmaus Breakfast this morning
    As Dennis said rain off and on today
    GREAT NEWS!!! DMIL is leaving this afternoon and will be gone till June 5th: "Oh Happy Day"
    Raine, will miss you and Tom
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Morning bbb

Ron’s back saga continues. I think he overdid it with the 50 mile bike ride with the pack with lunch on his back. He thinks it’s from doing not much on all those snow days last week. Probably a combination of both too much and not enough exercise. He’s taking a hot bath now and we are hoping we can find a massage not to far away. Might try to FaceTime my sister who is a PT later for advice.

The neighbor cabin is mostly vacant…they are from SF and have been here 3 or 4 times. This last time he set up the underground sprinklers. They run twice a day…in California desert…in a drought. *facepalm*. Almost every other house around has native landscaping.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    I like the “thirst Thursday “ lead in.

Our pool is cold due to all the rain.
    I’m getting a 3 day week. Woot. Making it up next week though. We will get the outside of the house ready to paint. Yep. Painting the brick.

Steph. That bike ride. Wowzer. That’s a long ride. Glad the bear took off but a picture would’ve been cool. Your travels sound fun. What’s with the sprinklers in a drought? No fine??

Sam, enjoy the peace and quiet.

Lou, you need those anti gas pills. Ha

Raine, great picture

I was supposed to play handbells this Sunday but the director had surgery and canceled as in, oh well, maybe in the fall.

Going out with my childhood best friend tonight. Saturday night is a steakhouse up north of Indy with friends. No prices are on the menu. I’m worried.

No wonder I can’t lose any weight. Ha.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure who would fine him…there is really only about 50 houses here and most aren’t occupied year round including theirs.

Am I a B@$#& if I call the water company?