Saturday Cup of Joe~10/30/21

Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

Yogi Berra

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Just saw an article why you have been busy this week at DHS, Skip. Fingers crossed it is just chatter.

Raining and windy here. It looks like its gonna rain most of the morning tomorrow in Elmira NY at the field trial we'll be running in. The road leading up to the site is dirt/gravel and susceptible to washout. All the trialers may have to park at the bottom and walk the 1/2 mile up the road to the site or be carted up on ATVs. Not looking forward to it because of that. No place to sit or put your dog in between series. Ugh, I may scratch.

Go Braves!

Steph, you moonlight on other MFP boards?

Just read an article about a vet practice in northern England where a disgruntled client threw a dead hedgehog at the reception staff. Evidently, the client was disgruntled because she had to wait to be seen, then only be told there was nothing that could be done except euthanasia. She took the poor hedgehog home instead of performing euthanasia, it died at home, then she returned to the practice and hurled it at the reception staff. Hoo boy.

Dead hedgehogs can be deadly.

BBB OP ;-)

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Good Morning BBB
    Lee - those conditions would make me consider scratching too.
    Steph - if you get the Sarasota job you will be our neighbors - fingers crossed.
    Tom is doing a big show this weekend in Arcadia at the rodeo arena - started yesterday and Larry and I will help him this afternoon and tomorrow.
    I've rarely been a fan of pet costumes.
    Pic is grinding chicken leg quarters with some beef liver - Larry's breakfast for the next couple months. That's a commercial grinder and our friend Don.
    Do good out there everyone.8s549hf8mpju.jpeg
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Who would have believed the Braves pitchers would pitch such a gem. Lets hope it continues.
    • I'm going to a motorcycle show today too. Unfortunately it is cold and rainy so we are four wheeling.
    • DWs contact dermatitis is improving. All is good.
    • Good luck with the class Sam.
    • Closing up the summer home at the end of the season is never fun.
  • raineray
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dennis!!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Glad to see the Braves won.

It's 36 degrees, this morning, looking at 54, this afternoon - with sunshine. We have had almost twice the normal October rainfall, with half of that coming this week, so sunshine is very welcome. It actually cleared up yesterday afternoon, so I got my yard work done before taking Sassy on her walk. Now I can enjoy my Saturday, with shop time and football watching.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Late night watching Bravo's! Hope the ATL streak continues in front of the home crowd today/tomorrow!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dennis!

Its been a VERY busy week at DHS! Our region has some very interesting threats against it...... warning issued to avoid malls and mass gatherings.

Hoping to hit favorite brewery this afternoon for the annual Halloween Fun Run (not running, but the costumes and atmosphere are always fun and proceeds benefit a great cause I support).

Make it a great day!

Suddenly, I am hungry for liver and onions......
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

I only hang on this board here but frequent one on nomadic life, early retirement and housesitting. Two on Facebook and one on the housesitting app we use. This is the smallest so able to really know people.

Today we are heading uptown to the farmers market then the marigold festival. Lou if you are free it's not terribly far from you. We will probably head there about 11. It's in Blanco.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Perfect start to a Beautiful fall day at the Lake!

I'm ssss'd and already back from our tiny town of Rome WI's only grocery gas bait everything store.
    Best black magic coffee and turkey sausage egg white sammy!After 50 years Pritzels Trading Post Rome WI sold out to Kwik Trip, for gossip sake $ 7mllion...I was hoping they'd have more stuff marked down , but no luck.. they're riding into their last deer hunting season so Im sure they're doing business as usual. Sounds like there done Jan 1.. Folks are frazzled. For the older retired lake year rounders, in our little lake area unincorporated town this will be missed... had a little of everything, full deli,meat,bakery bait,hardware,post office,ups,etc. the closest full grocery is going to be.30min.drive away to next bigger town.

Lee, can't blame ya, sounds less than appealing.

Hope the next sits puts Steph and Raine close, how fun!

Enjoy Saturday Halloween eve everyone.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dennis!

Beautiful fall day here! Colors are peak! Off for a walk down to the water. Then to a local little specialty store, then chop, stack some wood
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Happy birthday, Dennis!

Dead Hedgehogs would make a great band name.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Dennis!!!
    I hope you’ve had a terrific day!!!
  • raineray
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dennis!!
  • raineray
    Options