Yes Plz Introduce Yourself - Thanx

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,181 Member
edited May 2022 in Social Groups
Plz Introduce yourself to your teammates here. Let's introduce ourselves and meet our teammates. Plz copy/paste this template. Thank you.

What is your name or nickname? Your Team?
Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country.
What is your favorite summer activity?
What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies?
Your favorite exercise?
What do you want to accomplish this 5% season?
What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer?
What diet/meal plan/style are you following?
What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements?
What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you?
2 random fun facts about you?
Post a picture of yourself if you like.
Anything else you would like to share?

Thanks for doing all introductions on this thread so we can all follow each other here.
We will have the most successful 5% teams ever!

Replies

• Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,725 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Your Team? I am Ceri, Captain of The Tenacious GR8TERS
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. I live in a small town in Central PA, almost dead center
    What is your favorite summer activity? Anything in the sun! I just love the sunshine!
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Read, board games and one online game, love old movies and some newer ones too.
    Your favorite exercise? Walking the hill next to my house
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? I want to kick the soda habit and drink more water along with losing my 5%
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? No soda
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? I don't know yet
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Getting healthy again after years of illness and walking a 10-mile quest before I got sick
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Lots of articles, my training as a kinesiologist, but mostly trial and error to find out what works best for me.
    2 random fun facts about you? I have a small business in alternative medicine, and my GrandPrincesses were born 3 years apart on the same day. The oldest was a month early and the youngest was a week late.
    Anything else you would like to share?Happy Summer and praying God's Blessings for all

Thanks for doing all introductions on this thread so we can all follow each other here.
  • ladyluk1
    ladyluk1 Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Your Team? I am Captain Barb of the Shape Shifters
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Arkansas
    What is your favorite summer activity? I used to love to camp on the river and canoe. Now because of my healthy I am stuck indoors,
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? scrapbooking and crafts
    Your favorite exercise? chair aerobics
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? lose more weight to get healthier
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Be able to be on my feet more
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? low carb low salt
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? When I walked 5K
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? a lot of different things but I would have to say mindfulness exercises have helped me so much.
    2 random fun facts about you? I love to be silly even at my age and Goofy is still my best friend.

May you exercise with Attitude
    and lose with ease
    May your journey be blessed
    and healthy please.

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,027 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Your Team? Diane, Captain of the Positively Strong 4 Life team
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Greater Portland, Maine area
    What is your favorite summer activity? CAMPING EASILY quickly followed by swimming they usually go hand in hand.
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Painting, reading, CRIBBAGE!! LOL I LOVE cribbage and have won 2 tournaments! We will finish one up in 2 weeks
    Your favorite exercise? Walking though in the summer, swimming.
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? We are in week 8 of the Spring 5% Challenge as I write this, and I am very close to hitting my 5% Challenge!! In the summer which is harder, I'd like to lose at least 75%.
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? To go swimming more than once, I've been whimping out though I LOVE IT!!
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? I eat several small meals throughout the day. This is so much easier on my stomach and it has JUMPED STARTED my weight loss again!! WOOHOO!!! I still hit my calories.
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Being able to help others as I tell them how I've lost over 115 LBS
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? GO SLOW and work through the reasons on why I overate. After the first 3 bites of something you've been cravings those cravings are often satisfied (that one is HUGE!) Progress NOT perfection.
    2 random fun facts about you? A strange sense of humor and I am NOT afraid to use it. LOLOL I am a Great Grandma to sweet little guy who'll soon be 5 and Oh Of course IZZY KITTY!!
    Anything else you would like to share? Once the moment is gone, it's gone. "If we do not take the time to take care of ourselves now, we will be forced to take care of our illnesses later."
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Plz Introduce yourself to your teammates here. Plz copy/paste this template. Thank you.

What is your name or nickname? Lynn
    Your Team? Thinner Winners
    Your Approximate Location: Vancouver, Canada
    What is your favorite summer activity? RV camping, hikes in the forest 790 steps away, afternoon tea on the patio, seeing all the beautiful flowers in our neighborhood, exploring new dog parks, going to kids' sports activities, geocache
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? destination hikes with friends, karaoke, audiobooks, new recipes, good weigh ins, board games, play canasta, travel, live music, blog,
    Your favorite exercise? I hate to exercise but the challenges inspire me to do my best. Dance, hike, water aerobics, zumba, gym.
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Get into the low 160's so if my weight fluctuates I am still in the 160's
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? increasing my daily exercise minutes and keep fitting in my clothes haha
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? No food off limits, portion control. 1200 calories, 3 meals a day
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? I lost 90 pounds, and am battling to get back there again. I can hike as far as I want, as long as I want. I am 50 pounds lighter than my last driver's licence!
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Dr. Nowzardan 1200 calories, 3 meals a day. Look for the easiest way to get your exercise. If you are a homebody then find ways to exercise around home. If you live near a park, walk to it.
    2 random fun facts about you? This will be my 52nd 5% Challenge. Since August 2019, I weigh less than my husband. Picture this he is 6'2" and I am 5'5".
    Anything else you would like to share? I will be competitive this season!

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? jadepearl
    Your Team? Thinner Winner
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country - Adelaide, SA, Australia
    What is your favorite summer activity? Swimming
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Reading, Dancing, Cooking, etc
    Your favorite exercise? Zumba
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? To get down to the 120s land.
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Fit into AUS Size 6 jeans
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? OMAD
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Managed to get down to 114lbs in 2020.
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Don't graze or snack.
    2 random fun facts about you? I love a good joke & a good book.
  • Ceilie1
    Ceilie1 Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname?Erin ( Ceilie1)
    Your Team? Tenacious GR8TERS ?( Hopefully)
    Your Approximate Location: Kingston,Ontario, Canada
    What is your favorite summer activity? Traveling with our family,Golfing,Hiking,
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies?Visiting with Friends and family,Golfing ,reading,scrap booking gardening
    Your favorite exercise? Walking,weights,elliptical,
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Get to the 139 marker on the scales and then keep going down.
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer?keeping active
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? The meal plan is pushing my self away from the table,and eating when hungry not when I am bored.
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Recovering from Rt and LT hip replacements and staying healthy.
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Stay active,do what you can, don't make excuses for yourself.
    2 random fun facts about you? .
    Anything else you would like to share? I will be as active as I can.
  • CHARLIE46SUE
    CHARLIE46SUE Posts: 862 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Charlotte. Your Team? I signed up to be back with the PS4L team this summer but I also wanted to say hey Fit Force, love you guys too! (I missed sign up in Spring and the Fit Force team was awesome)
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, USA
    What is your favorite summer activity? Swimming, Golfing and Fishing
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Sewing, Quilt making/design, machine embroidery
    Your favorite exercise? Cardio Classes at the Gym
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Flatten up my belly :D
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? I am going to do some body building with a personal trainer. Losing inches and body fat.
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Heart Healthy, low fat, low sodium
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Buying "Medium" and size 10 clothes!
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? sticking with the 5% challenges and Pahla B Fitness Coach for journaling and mindset issues. Also Linda Spangle for the Emotional Eating.
    2 random fun facts about you? I am retired but I am working on starting a business to sell my quilts and designs, probably a store on ETSY to start out.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname?Majork29/Kira Your Team? I was on the Spring Rain Dancers
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    What is your favorite summer activity? Kayaking, canoeing, walking, camping
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Crochet, knitting, sewing, reading
    Your favorite exercise? Walking
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Drop some pounds and increase my exercise

What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? I am going to get more consistent with my exercise routine
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Still working that one out, mostly keeping calories under my goal
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Going from couch potato and only having a daily step count of 1000 to hitting close to 7000 steps on average now
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Small goals, journaling and tracking
    2 random fun facts about you? I am married (25 years this August) with 2 adult children and 1 special needs child (16). My favourite colour is Purple
  • RevivingRachel
    RevivingRachel Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachel
    Team: Mission Slimpossible
    Favorite summer activity: bonfires
    Like to do for fun, interests, hobbies: read, go for walks, listen to podcasts, all kinds of puzzles, take my kids fun places, play games
    Favorite exercise: walking
    5% season goal: actually lose 5%!
    Non-scale victories (NSVs) summer goal: consistently tracking my food even on bad days
    Diet/meal plan/style: just try to stay in my calories and eat plenty of fruits/veggies
    2 random fun facts: I am left-handed and I can wink with both eyes at the same time 😆
  • MCTortoise
    MCTortoise Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Marianne

Your Team? Have been a member of the Tenacious GR8ters

Your Approximate Location: San Jose, CA

What is your favorite summer activity? Travel with our RV and swimming

What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Spend time with family and friends, read, crafts, explore new places with my husband

Your favorite exercise? Split between biking and walking. I’ve also learned to love strength training.

What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Reach my goal weight by losing 5 lbs and maintaining the loss

What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Tone my arms, exercise 30 minutes a day minimum, return to 10,000 steps a day

What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Basically Mediterranean and track calories, as well as nutrients with MFP daily

What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? I’ve maintained a loss of 40+ lbs over 10 years and committed to daily exercise

What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Tracking my food and exercise, keeping a healthy habit journal, and writing goals

2 random fun facts about you? Retired teacher, owned a stained glass business

Anything else you would like to share? Recently had a total knee replacement. Wonderful to be able to walk without pain.
  • pontond
    pontond Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Your Team?
    Dinees (Necdoo), PS4L

Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country.
    Virginia Beach, VA, USA

What is your favorite summer activity?
    I just like the warm weather and that the sun is up later. I like to go outside as much as possible

What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies?
    Hike, walk, workout, play with our dogs and cats, crochet, read, build with Lego

Your favorite exercise?
    Walking, but I really enjoy almost anything

What do you want to accomplish this 5% season?
    lose some weight

What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer?
    slim down, not stress over work

What diet/meal plan/style are you following?
    cutting calories

What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements?
    Any time I can bump up the weight that I am lifting, I get excited.

What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you?
    Plan to succeed

2 random fun facts about you?
    1. I am ADHD. I somehow ended up with a dog that is just like me so neither of us focus well. It makes for some fun days. The dog was for my husband but the minute we got her, Kaylee chose me.

2. My daughter and I like to take mommy day hikes. Almost every time, we end up getting lost, even when we go places that we have been to like 100X. This year, we went to a friend's house so too much food but hey, we didn't get lost.

Haven't had luck posting pictures.

We will be celebrating 25 years of marriage on August 9, 2022!!! :):blush:
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Btrflydog - aka Noreen Your Team? Rain Dancers
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Phoenix
    What is your favorite summer activity? It gets really hot in Phoenix - so traveling to someplace cooler is what I like to do.
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Reading, Crocheting, Gardening
    Your favorite exercise? Walking, Yoga
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Get back on track - did not do well last challenge.
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Lower my cholesterol
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? I like the Mediterranean Diet
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? My cholesterol was down in May - still have aways to go.
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Learning not to over do it when my body tells me to lighten up.
    2 random fun facts about you? I love a good laugh, and sometimes even a good cry
    Anything else you would like to share? Met some great people on these challenges. I think they are the reason I keep trying sometimes
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,420 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? cormierannie- Annie
    -Your Team? I have applied to be a member of the Mission Slimpossible team
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    What is your favorite summer activity? playing frisbee outdoors, walking
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? i like to dance, to read, to listen to music, to watch different sports like baseball, hockey, to name a few. i enjoy doing paint by numbers and other arts and crafts stuff.
    Your favorite exercise? Walking, dancing
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? continue on with the healthy eating, exercising i am doing now.
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? being able to fit into a smaller size of jeans and to fit into my summer dresses.
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? I also like the Mediterranean diet.
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? i can now brisk walk for 30 minutes without getting out of breath and i can get up and down stairs easier.
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? to listen to my body and to take a break when needed from exercise
    2 random fun facts about you? i enjoy watching funny movies.
    Anything else you would like to share? i enjoy doing these challenges. they keep me accountable and i get to be a part of an amazing team and community.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,934 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Your Team? Hi I'm Retired_Sue - Sue - Captain of the Fit Force Team Thanks for the shoutout @CHARLIE46SUE. It was great having you on the team!
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. I'm in a small city just over an hour north of Toronto Ontario Canada
    ycekz6u75opu.gif

What is your favorite summer activity? Just being in the sun, enjoying the warm weather and often spending more time with family.
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? I like to read, play computer games (Wordle, Quordle, Canuckle anyone?) knit sometimes, sing and conduct my choir (but we're on hiatus for the summer) and spend time with family and friends.
    Your favorite exercise? Pahla B videos or walking
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Still trying to get rid of a few pounds gained last fall so I can get back to my "happy place"
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Having a few items of clothing that are a bit snug fit better so I feel more comfortable wearing them.
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Tracking on MFP but nothing specific. The goal is to be consistent with calorie intake but not be overly restrictive - not always easy.
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Losing just over 60 pounds from 1/2016 to 6/2017. I was doing 5% challenges during almost all of that time, Now if I could just keep ALL of it off - I have about 8-10 pounds that keep wanting to return to "visit".
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Being consistent with food intake, exercising moderately to maintain fitness.
    2 random fun facts about you? I enjoy having a good sense of humour, and I LOVE CFL football, especially my Ticats! 🏈🐯
    Post a picture of yourself if you like. It shows up when I post!
    Anything else you would like to share? I'm going into my fifth challenge as a CL - seems hard to believe - and I'm glad that it's gotten much easier since our first challenge here on MFP last fall.
  • Sioranth
    Sioranth Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Ame
    Your Team? Tenacious Gr8ers
    Your Approximate Location: Maryland, USA (est)
    What is your favorite summer activity? Biking and kayaking
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Art, crafts, reading, woodworking
    Your favorite exercise? Biking
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Keep on truckin' and get a little closer to Onederland
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Improved heat tolerance, longer rides
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Eat healthy and whole foods as much as possible
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Lost 50lbs, under BMI of 40, blood pressure improving
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Everything in moderation, even moderation
    2 random fun facts about you? I make up songs while cooking. I have cats, dogs, horse, mule, and chickens!
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Marileigha
    Your Team? Shape Shifters
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Los Angeles
    What is your favorite summer activity? Road Trip!
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Walking. Reading. Visiting Family. Feed the Birds.
    Your favorite exercise? Walking
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Become healthier, and lose 5 pounds.
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Get through all the visiting relatives without a meltdown.
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Low-Carb/Diabetic
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? I lost 70 lbs with Spark People.
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Don't diet; change my eating habits.
    2 random fun facts about you? I like to clean house. Really.
    Anything else you would like to share? This site wouldn't work on my computer for a long time, but kept trying. It's working like a champ now...computers-go figure! DH & I are over 70, and feeling fine! 🤞🏻
  • Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Your Team? Sue my team is PS4L

Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. I live North of Memphis, TN
    What is your favorite summer activity? The heat and I don't agree with each other, so I enjoy walking on my treadmill, reading and playing games on my computer.
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? I love puzzles, card games and reading Nicholas Sparks books.
    Your favorite exercise? Walking and swimming
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? I want to keep eating healthy, staying active, interact with team mates and try my best to blog more often.
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? To lose more inches and keep taking the size of my clothes down, I have to closets full of clothes in sizes 18W/16W all the way down 8. To feel more confident about myself and just plain feeling good!!
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? I am on a pre-diabetic diet. Watching bad carbs and watching my sodium intake,
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? I am blessed to still be in remission, to feeling well, and to finally getting my weight loss going. My start weight was 212 and now I am 168.5 and it has been a long time since I have been this low. My knees don't hurt me as bad as they did.,,
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? My doctor is awesome and she talks to me all the time and gives me advise. Of course there is my motto for me, "Never give up".
    2 random fun facts about you? I love to joke around and have a good times with friends.
    Anything else you would like to share? I love doing these challenges and I have been doing them for a long time. I have always been motivated by other team members. So looking forward to the start of the Summer Challenge.
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,264 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Dee
    Your Team? I'm the Motivational Leader on Mission Slimpossible
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Minnesota
    What is your favorite summer activity? Growing a few veggies in pots on my balcony; garage sales
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Being a 5% team leader; easy crossword puzzles; computer games (jigsaw puzzles, match 3); one day road trips (time with friend or family, scenic stops, taking photos of nature; thrift & antique stores, museums)
    Your favorite exercise? Household chores where something is accomplished; walking (absolute favorite is pool aerobics but don't have pool access)
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Lose between 10 pounds and my 5%
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Settle into the smaller size I am so close to being able to wear; reach my left toes or be a lot closer to them (I can reach my right ones now, but arthritis has my left side locked up)
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? I'm in transition. The plan I lost 45 pounds on last year has had me plateaued for 5 months. I'm switching to a new plan in the next 2 weeks. If I start losing again, I'll be doing that one. If not, I'm back to square one.
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Going from an apartment hallway to being able to walk a mile one summer before knee issues sidelined me. Hoping to be able to start walking again in spite of the physical challenges.
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Just do it! Get up and do one thing, anything. Often once we start we can do a lot more than we thought we could. We just need to take that first step. Break it up into small chunks and pace yourself. Small amounts add up during the day. Over time the ability to do more increases.
    2 random fun facts about you? Gray hair runs in my family and I started going gray when I was in my 20's! I am an all cat person (although I can enjoy dogs when there are no cats around).
    Anything else you would like to share? With a couple of breaks here and there, I've been involved with the 5% Challenges since 2010. What I observed as a team leader, and experienced myself, is that those who feel most supported are those who are active on the teams, participating in the optional activities and offering encouragement to others. On this website it's not easy to get to know you or communicate with you if you hang back and don't participate. If at all possible, I encourage you to jump in and let your teammates know you are there, and see a bit of who you are. It's good for them and it's good for you.
  • gloriawrightcook
    gloriawrightcook Posts: 4,106 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Your Team? Gloria Wright Cook and the Tenacious GR8ers

Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. I am near Nashville, Tennessee

What is your favorite summer activity? Running, walking, camping, kayaking, just sitting out on the patio and reading. Lounging by the pool but I currently cannot get in the pool due to a bad wound on my arm from a spider bite that happened in April

What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? reading, papercrafts (cardmaking), counted cross stitch, outdoor activities (running is my favorite hobby), yoga

Your favorite exercise? RUNNING!!!! walking, yoga, strength training. I love boot camp type classes but I am not currently a member of a gym, and I have a rebounder - that is fun!!

What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? I am maintaining but I would like to lose about five to ten pounds - I have gained about five pounds since the spider bite - want to lose that of course, but I have wanted to get down another five pounds from that for a very long time....don't want to get too thin. I want to build muscle but it is really hard to lose weight and build muscle - one must also lose fat in order for that to happen. It's hard to balance.

What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Wow, that is a great question. I used to run long distance (13.1 miles, 26.2 miles). I have lost a lot of endurance over the past couple of years. I think I will make it my goal to run 3.1 miles straight without stopping - and that will be hard in the kind of heat and humidity we have here. But for me, a good goal to strive toward!

What diet/meal plan/style are you following? I don't follow a specific plan. I try to eat whole foods, mostly plant based. I try not to eat much packaged or processed food (not even pasta) but I will indulge on occasion because I don't want to be deprived. So sometimes I eat pizza or spaghetti. Sometimes I have ice cream or 85% dark chocolate. But mostly lean meat such as chicken, quinoa, lots and lots of salad, nuts, fruit, and a lot of veggies. I often have salad for breakfast.

What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? My proudest achievement is maintaining weight loss for nine years now. I was overweight my whole life, literally from the time I was a baby, and I would lose it but gain it, yoyoing so many times in my life...but now, I am so happy to have kept it off. My second favorite achievement is becoming a runner at age 49 (I am now 57).

What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Track track track. And measure. Having support is crucial. The love and support I got from SParkPeople really made all the difference. And learning about good healthy nutrition - it is not about deprivation but about eating whole healthy foods. I eat things I enjoy too, but in moderation. I don't eat a lot of bread and really try to limit sugar - but if I want a gluten free bundtlet cake or ice cream, I will treat myself sometimes.

2 random fun facts about you? When I go for walks I move turtles and worms out of the road. I like snakes and spiders. I am originally from Michigan but have lived in (or close to) Middle Tennessee for nearly 35 years. I LOVE LOVE LOVE concerts and used to go to tons of them, but haven't in a long time. j We used to go to one or two a month and I have seen hundreds of them (well, I did go to one a couple of weekends ago with my girlfriends, but it wasn't a band I was familiar with - Diamond Rio, I don't listen to country music despite being from Nashville). And last summer I rescued a fawn from our swimming pool. The fawn I rescued is the sibling of the one who brought her baby to me yesterday. That is more than two things, lol

Post a picture of yourself if you like. I posted a pic of me, and one of the deer and one of her fawn (hopefully they will show up okay, I find that on MFP they don't always look very good.

Anything else you would like to share? I say that I am "semi-retired" - not actually retired but I quit my job over a year ago because I had been working so many hours - seven days a week, sometimes 16 or more hours a day, even on vacation days I worked. And I was tired. I needed the break. My DH and I are very happy with things right now but we know that I might need to return to work at some point. We have two precious kitty cats, and a fairly tame deer that has lived in our yard for a couple of years (her own mom raised her here, and she is two years old) - yesterday she brought her teeny tiny baby to show to us. I have psoriatic arthritis, Ehler's Danlos and dysautonomia so sometimes things are hard but I work hard to maintain my mobility and keep up my fitness!!!

f6cokdc004xx.jpg

kr4sulxmyzc8.jpg

o7lqfj4z4bgl.jpg