Options

Replies

• sushynes
    sushynes Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

What is your name or nickname? Sue Your Team? Mission Slimpossible

Your Approximate Location: Suburb outside Chicago

What is your favorite summer activity? Walking and swimming

What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Read, card games, Twitter, Movies, Politics

Your favorite exercise? Walk Away the Pounds and the Elliptical

What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Lose more than .5 pounds, which is all I lost last season

What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Cut out chocolate

]What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Eat 3 balanced, healthy meals, cut sweets

What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Losing 64 pounds, going from a size 18 to 10

What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? I still read health articles on PeopleOne Health, various other articles I read online

2 random fun facts about you? I love cats and I am still single at 63

Post a picture of yourself if you like.

Anything else you would like to share? No

Thanks for doing all introductions on this thread so we can all follow each other here.
    We will have the most successful 5% teams ever!
  • pmbach1
    pmbach1 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

What is your name or nickname? Pam Your Team? Shape Shifters
    Your Approximate Location: Near Winchester VA
    What is your favorite summer activity? working in my yard
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? reading, games on computer, yoga
    Your favorite exercise? yoga
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? I am in maintenance might lose a few pounds accountability
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? I will be in the July issue of First For Women this is a result of Spark People they contacted me about three years ago but it didn't work out.
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Clean eating
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Losing about 100 pounds
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? I learned so much for the resources on Spark
    2 random fun facts about you? I am kind of whoo whoo in my beliefs. Love decorating.
    Anything else you would like to share?

Thanks for doing all introductions on this thread so we can all follow each other here.
  • Patricia1CR
    Patricia1CR Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Your Team? Pat. Positively Strong 4 Life (PS4L)
    Your Approximate Location: Grecia, Alajuela, Costa Rica
    What is your favorite summer activity? My normal activities are for all year round (we do not have the four seasons)
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Knitting, crocheting, gardening, reading, watching TV, caring for my pets
    Your favorite exercise? Walking
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Lose any weight
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Commit to an exercise routine
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Eating mindfully
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Routinely doing exercise
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? "Progress, not perfection."
    2 random fun facts about you? I'm a Latina. Native language: Spanish
    Anything else you would like to share? LET'S HAVE FUN!
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 644 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Name: Evelyn Red Hot Chili

SteppersApproximate Location: Lake Superior, Gulf of Mexico

Favorite summer activity? Waterfront dining and walking

What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Senior center lunches snd special events. Small group activities at church (ie: Knit prayer shawls, stitchers group, mitten ministry)

Want to accomplish? 2-3% weight loss would be great. Babysteps!

NSVs: new set of measurements since April 14

Basic plan: WW, 5% living habits, Volumetrics,

Sense of pride: Lost 100 pounds.

Advice: Participate fully in these challenges. Share.

Two random facts: Designed four stained glass windows for church (created one: two doves with seven olive leaves). I love God's word and being part of His people.

Will post photos on our private team page.
  • Sheila7631
    Sheila7631 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Sheila Your Team? Mission Slimpossible
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Rochester, NY
    What is your favorite summer activity? Boating, car cruises, car races
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Same as my summer activities
    Your favorite exercise? Zumba
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Loose some weight, be stronger
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? wear a smaller size
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? lower sugar/ carbs
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? run/ walking 5k's/ obstacle courses
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? progress not perfection- this has helped me not to give up if I mess up.
  • mlkdud
    mlkdud Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname?Brandi or Mlkdud
    Your Team? Thinner Winners
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Panhandle of Texas
    What is your favorite summer activity? Swimming
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Knit, read, hike
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Keep losing weight
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Keep blood sugar under control
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Mediterranean
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Don’t really have any
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Be consistent
    2 random fun facts about you? I have been on MTV. I hate Play Doh so much so I can even hardly type the word.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname?Nan

Your Team? PS4L (hopefully)

Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Edinburgh, Fife, Scotland

What is your favorite summer activity? Taking a picnic to a nice quiet beauty spot and soaking up the calm and the view

What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Walking in the great outdoors, my church, knitting. For relaxation I’m currently knitting a 2ply baby shawl.

Your favorite exercise? Walking, in the early morning watching the sun come over the horizon, listening to the birds.

What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? I’d like to meet my 5% goal this time.

What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Get my BP back to a sensible level, doctor and I both know it’s immovable stress.

What diet/meal plan/style are you following? We eat 1950s style mostly since mum(91) still does most of the cooking

What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Recognising that I can walk past the candy jar

What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Folks on the Spring constantly telling me I must slow down. It’s hard for a workaholic.
    2 random fun facts about you? I have abseiled from the Forth Rail Bridge. I have walked over the Atlantic!

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,227 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Mica Your Team? Mission Slimpossible
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. New Hampshire
    What is your favorite summer activity? Bicycling
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Bicycling, birding, hiking, crocheting
    Your favorite exercise? Bicycling, walking
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Maintain (at goal weight) and improve Strength!
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Stay on track with my "walk the year" goal of 2022 miles in 2022; commute to work by bicycle every day possible, weather permitting; improve Strength
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? I track food and stay within range calories & macros
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Reaching and maintaining my goal weight, achieving my "walk the year" goal for the past 2 years (this is year 3)
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Consistency!
    2 random fun facts about you? Cat lover (all animals really, but cats live with me); I play guitar
  • newpma
    newpma Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Your Team? Lindsey, Newpma, Thinner Winners
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Liverpool,England
    What is your favorite summer activity? Walking outdoors, exploring new places
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? I love to read also enjoy drawing when I get time.
    Your favorite exercise? Depends on my mood but I love Pilates and dancing around like a fool.
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? I really want to lose my 5% I think I've only ever managed it once every time a challenge starts something seems to throw me off track.
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? I really want to focus on toning up and also want to start taking more time to do the things that make me happy.
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Intermittent fasting
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? I'll tell you when I have one :D
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Counting calories and tracking doesn't work for me.
    2 random fun facts about you? I've had sewing machine for over a year and it's still in the box I'm going to start making and altering my own clothes. I want to start writing again.
  • angeandlyon
    angeandlyon Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Your Team? Angela(Ange) I believe 5% summer challenge
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country.-Ontario,Canada
    What is your favorite summer activity? when I can , sit outside and listen to the birds..walk when I can
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? cook, read, and workout when I can
    Your favorite exercise? weight lifting....and kickboxing( but can not do right now)
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? I just want more control of ME and not what my doctors want for me...some how I got really lost and off track...
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? It is my 25th anniversary(35 yrs together) and I really want to be able to wear my wedding set again
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? right now I have far too many restrictions with food for all my conditions...
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? wish I was there yet...but when I do I will share:)
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? again not there yet...still a work in progress...
    2 random fun facts about you? I am a huge animal lover...and very sarcastic...
    Post a picture of yourself if you like.- still learning this MFP thing...not sure if I know how to do it here
    Anything else you would like to share? just embracing my new normal...but taking more control of me back..instead of the guinea pig I have become over the last 10 years...I look forward to cheering u all on and having the support back....my calories are set low so please no negativity...under doctor assessement...I think...I may have upset them lol