Sunday Cup of Joe - 6/26/22

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Life is a series of dogs." George Carlin

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Warmish again today.
    Not much planned. Always yard work to do.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Morning~

App is acting funny - had to come over to laptop.

Great pool day w/ neighbors and my best friend:

68yitb932l36.jpeg

Saw awesome pics of #Larry in a helicopter. Tucker sends high paw five! Bad***!

Rinse repeat day....pool time. Race is on later and will try to catch that.

Dennis - presume you cleared protocols following BS? Hope everyone is okay.

Hope Sam is still enjoying sand and surf!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

It was 87 yesterday, so a great day for our version of pool time: I set up the Slip 'N Slide for the grandkids and Sassy. A great time was had by all. The AC kicked on for the first time this year. It is forecast to be in the 90s today and tomorrow. That constitutes a heat wave here on Puget Sound. Humidity is very low.

I have a meeting of church elders following the service, today, so much of my afternoon is spoken for.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Morning gang

It was hot yesterday and will be again today. Good practice for Arizona. Heading out for a hike soon then to Costco for gas. It’s much cheaper in Oregon than California so want a full tank before we leave and if we get an early start Costco won’t be open and it’s out of the way a bit anyway. Planning for a 12-13 hour drive tomorrow. Have several options for overnight but all are at least 11 hours away. No good options except camping near Yosemite. Everything nice enough is either booked or too expensive.

Enjoy the day.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning BBB Friends.
    • Worked A/V at the early service and then SS.
    • Been watching closely Skip. No sign of the bug here and it's been over a week. I did take one home test and it was negative. The last I heard 5 (out of 49) staff members tested positive. No word about any kids / delegates.
    • I went by Sam's Club to get cheap gas when we were in Augusta Thursday and the line was wrapped around the parking lot. Bought it somewhere else in town for 5¢ less. 5¢ X 10 gallons. Nah, I'm not waiting in that line. Gas in Lake Country is always more expensive so getting it in Augusta was a savings as it was.
    • I hope the reunion is going well Lou.
    • Rest up Lisa.
    • Safe travels Steph.
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon BBB
    So proud of Larry - Helicopter Certification completed yesterday - pic of returning from a successful mission.
    Skip - sorry about the pinky
    Lee - how old is Lucy now?
    Dennis - I'l with you - saving a few cents is not worth it
    Safe travels and rest up to all.
    odg0xtkuzzne.jpeg
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    Hey, folks.

The reunion went well, even if attendance was light. When it was over, a few of us went to a karaoke bar. I got home at about 130 last night. I feel a nap in my future
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Afternoon BBB

Finally got me wee boat in the water. It was sluggish at first, then suddenly...WEEEEE!...the good old Suzuki kicked in and we were doing 25 knots (this is fast for me wee boat). Must have had some old gas still in the lines and then once the new 93 octane stuff hit the injectors the engine really liked it.

87degrees here with no breeze. Tolerable but hot enough.

Raine, Lucy is 14 months old. We are doing steady to wing and shot training at the moment. She'll be ready for puppy trials this fall. Lar is a real badazz.

BBB OP ;-)
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Larry and Raine are AH-MAAAAAAAAAAAZ-ING!!! So cool!
    I would pay $$ to see Lou do karaoke! And, of course, I'd record it.
    Looks like a nice day, Skip!
    Yours sounds pretty awesome, too, Dave!
    I'm glad you're healthy, Dennis!

Poor Lily seems to have some sort of skin allergy. She's scratching like crazy! No fleas or ticks ... I checked, and we use Ventura regularly. Benedryl seems to help temporarily. The vet was booked Friday and Saturday, but I'm hoping to get her in tomorrow.

Jim has been working ALL weekend ... traveling to and from Detroit every day, too, which is a 3 hour drive each way. I had our grandson all weekend, too, and he had to miss it. Luckily he was still home early this morning when Jimmer woke up, pooped himself, and smeared it all over himself and his bed. It's a glamorous life at the Crozier house, I tell ya.

I'm off to do more glamourous work - like laundry and food prep - now, before a meeting tonight.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Hello BBB

Heading to Homestead from lake. Nice weekend had even though it rained til 3pm sat. Got some boat time in thereafter..... Dsd is expecting. Due End of Jan. Yay!

Drive safe Steph, 11 hours is a long haul.

Larry is a cool dog!

Glad your boat is fine Lee!

What song did you sing Lou?

Dennis, I wouldn't wait either. Sitting idle is wasting gas you do have.

Enjoy tge heat wave Dave!