Countdown Activity 1- Information & Blog

Options
13»

Replies

• Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,749 Member
    Options
    @johnsorj and anyone reading this that has not posted a team request, please follow the link and post that you would like to participate with a team. Thanks!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10867829/want-a-seat-on-a-plane-team-post-only-here-everyone-must-have-a-team-request-post/p1?new=1
  • johnsorj
    johnsorj Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Done!
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,749 Member
    Options
    @johnsorj I got you! Welcome to the Challenge! Look for your team invitation anytime from Wednesday on.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

My goals for this group, during the summer, are:

1. Continue working out 5-6 days a week
    2. Record workouts in my vlog and post to YouTube and Instagram
    3. Log food
    4. Lose 5 lbs by the end of the summer
  • hayds342
    hayds342 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    A SMART goal is smart because it is:
    • Specific. Be fit enough to start TA trail by end of October, 25km per day.
    • Measurable. Build km distance per week and hill intensity.
    • Achievable (but ambitious) Yes I can do it, my limitations are mental.
    • Relevant (and realistic) I have the time, will and knowledge to commit to this.
    • Time-bound (or timely) partial complete throughout this challenge.
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Since I am facing major surgery, my goals are simple, at this point. Drink 64 oz water every day. Meditate every day. Make entries in food diary every day. Walk for 20 minutes every day. :)
  • ohnogoldens
    ohnogoldens Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My smart goals for the summer challenge are:

to lose 6 lbs by the end of summer
    to work out every day doing farm work and adding walking with the dogs on weekends
    drink water!!
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,208 Member
    Options
    As usual, I'm in a show once again and between work, getting ready for the Challenge and rehearsals, I just didn't have time to do the 'Pre-Challenge Activities'. I was excited to see that Lynn (kaliswalker) decided to start them once again.

I know that some people use the suggestions and carefully execute the suggestions. Others skim through them and adapt some of the suggestions into their daily routine; other don't bother. For me, I find that when I read though and do (at least) some of the suggested activities, I get into a better mindset. I feel better about the things I'm doing; I tend to understand the activities better & I tend to have a much better outcome at the end of 8 weeks.

It took me a long time to become a blogger on SP and here, on MFP, I haven't really spent the time to get into the habit of blogging and/or finding my friends who blog. Perhaps that is one of the things that I will try to become more comfortable with moving forward. Writing some of my goals here is fine, for now. . .

Lynn (kaliswalker wrote):
    Create your "big picture" aka “goals” you want to achieve in the 8 weeks of the 5% Challenges. Break these down into the smaller and smaller targets that you must hit to reach your goals. When you have your plan, start working on it to achieve these goals.

• Specific.
    • Measurable.
    • Achievable (but ambitious)
    • Relevant (and realistic)
    • Time-bound (or timely)

My goals for the 2022 Summer 5% Challenge are:
    1. Strive to work out about 30 minutes/day at least 5 days/week
    2. Strive to get in 6,000 steps per day; every day
    3. Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day; every day (ideally 8 glasses)
    4. Finish the 2022 Summer 5% Challenge 'lighter' than the day I started. Of course, meeting the 5% goals is a plus - but I would be happy with getting on track once again and staying the course!

Heidi (hicim705)
    2022 Summer 5% Challenge
    Overall Co-Leader, 2022 Summer 5% Challenge hosted on MFP
  • tjharleygal55
    tjharleygal55 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    • Specific.
    • Measurable.
    • Achievable (but ambitious)
    • Relevant (and realistic)
    • Time-bound (or timely)

I just found this, but even though we’ve already started, am still going to fill it out. I was not really mentally committed to the challenge when we started last weekend. (Thought I was, but let multiple things get in the way.) So, this is a good re-start for me, as I recommitted myself yesterday to this summer challenge! Below are my SMART goals:

S - I will exercise 6 days/wk. Since I need to work on my heart health, at least 4-5 days will include at least 20 min. of exercise in my aerobic/anaerobic zone. I will also include my ab workout at least 5 days/wk. Since I am not teaching my Strong Bodies class this summer but need to keep the muscle strength for our Sept. class, I will also do my routine weight training 2-3 x/wk. My exercise will include: paddleboarding, bicycling, walking, hiking, swimming and hopefully some dancing.
    M - I will track my exercise on MFP and us my Fitbit to measure my aerobic/anaerobic zones. I will also be able to measure by how my clothes are fitting.
    A - Yes, it is achievable, but ambitious. I am retired with free time. My biggest challenge is to keep myself accountable to this plan. To help with this, I will use my paper calendar to mark off each completed day.
    R - I know I can be very strong mentally when I want to and feel very committed to this goal right now. With MFP, my team and my two sisters to help keep me on track, it is a realistic goal.
    T - My time checks will coincide with the 5% challenge for now. I will evaluate how I am doing at week 4 and again at the end of the challenge. Since my goals aren’t actually to lose a certain amount of weight but wanting to change bad habits into good ones, my timing for these goals will go further than the end of this challenge. I will, however, re-evaluate my Specifics to make sure that they are still reasonable at the end of this challenge.

I also want to thank you for putting this goal task back. This has been a terrific exercise for me to work through what I really want to accomplish these next couple of months! I am going to print this off and tape it where I will see it daily. 😊