Leslie Sansone July 2022 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers, we are walking into the second half of 2022!

We will begin our July Walk Challenge in a day or so, so now is the time to be thinking about our new monthly challenge goals!

This group is open to any and all walkers. Many of us use Leslie Sansone as well as other favorite instructor's walking or workout DVDs or streaming the walks, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, or on the treadmill. All of these many options count toward our miles, steps, or minutes.

However you get your walk or other form of exercise/ strength πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ in, come on in and join us! Whenever you are posting what you have accomplished please remember to also share any strength training or other types of workouts that you are doing. We all benefit greatly by learning from one another and getting new ideas.

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

The goal that you choose is your own personal goal for this month πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ“….

If you find this group in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you hope to accomplish during the remaining days of this month. It is never too late to join in 😊 , you are always welcome!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes πŸ‘Ÿ and get our water πŸ₯€... as we begin to walk during July!

Walking together is always so much fun... πŸ˜…β˜€

texasgardnr 🀠🌺

Replies

• Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna keep my July goal the same as my June goal. I like having "do nothing days" sometimes 🀫 and I feel like this goal allows me to do that without being mad at myself for being lazy. πŸ˜‚

July Goal: 130,000 steps / 65 miles

Totals: 0 steps / 0 miles
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I'm sorry I didn't check in much this spring. It took a lot out of me to prepare for surgery and get through it. I'm recovering "well" although physically, emotionally, and mentally it has taken a toll. After 6 months of cancer scares, everything that needed to come out is out and I was discharged from oncology and back to my regular practitioners.

Now I'm on the other side of hysterectomy, hormone management, and slow physical recovery. My goal this month is to get back to at least 3 miles/day. Yesterday I walked my first continuous mile since surgery and it took about 30 minutes. I won't be able to repeat it today because my appointments took everything out of me yesterday and I promised myself today I would listen to my body and go easy so I'm going to go easy and that means I might be able to start out July tomorrow with a solid mile. It will take me some time to work up to my 3 miles and in the end, I will have to listen to my body and only go as fast as I can without damaging my insides. I envision it maybe being 3 PAIN FREE one mile walks a day at the end of July and that being ok with me.

Hoping to check in more regularly this month as I work my way back up to exercise walks.
    PinkBikini
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    July Goals

Miles tracked - 85
    Watch Challenge - 17 days with all rings completed.

• mypinkbikini
    Options
    1 indoor mile in 17 minutes this morning. Hoping for a slower evening walk for another 10 minutes or so later when it cools down.
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    A little more than 1 outdoor mile in 30 minutes this morning.
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    Overdid it with 2 strong walks and a short outing yesterday. I'm going to take it really easy today and hope I'm better Tomorrow.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    July Goals

Miles tracked - 30 / 85
    Watch Challenge - 4 / 17 days with all rings completed.
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    Had a good week. 20 minutes once a day and 10-15 minutes the second walk of each day. My goal for this week is to continue one long 20 minute walk daily and do 2 shorter walks (10-20 minutes) each day as tolerated.
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    Currently achieving that daily goal and trying to get about 6000 steps a day with some steps in most hours. That's been my biggest challenge as I have a tendency to not move for several hours or only do 50 steps or so
  • Deeder522
    Options
    July Goals

Miles tracked - 49 / 85
    Watch Challenge - 6 / 17 days with all rings completed.

I'm a bit behind and we're in a bit of a heat wave this week. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to increase my numbers. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ However, my foot pain has been decreasing so I'll take that win. 😁
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    Had an infection so only been getting 1 walk in the past few days with about 3-4000 steps. Hoping to get 2 walks in today again and get back to 6000 steps. Stressed about return to work. Stressed about infection. Tired from insomnia. Need my body BACK IN BALANCE.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    July Goals

Miles tracked - 67 / 85
    Watch Challenge - 7 / 17 days with all rings completed.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Options

Totals so far: 134,826 steps / 66.93 miles
  • balbo13
    balbo13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty late to the July challenge! I am not new to MFP, but new to the whole teams/community aspect! Looking to give and and receive some support! I'm definitely in for the August Walk Challenge! :)
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @Americanbabydoll I like that you are purposely having "do nothing days" or otherwise known as rest days. These are very important to include in our plan in order to rest and recover in whatever way or for whatever reason we need to, whether from our workouts or from what life unexpectedly tossed into our lap. They have absolutely nothing to do with "being lazy". Sometimes if we don't plan for them, our body can rebel and make us take them anyway. I've definitely been there and done that numerous times πŸ˜₯πŸ˜–.

Your step and walking minutes goals are well thought out. And very challenging.... I pray that your body does find its balance soon.

@mypinkbikini thank you for letting us know what is going on with you and your surgery and recovery. Oh, my πŸ’—. That has truly been a major health/ surgical event for you. Having worked in medicine back in my younger days I have much compassion and respect for how you are managing your recovery and making wise decisions. I am happy to read the positive bottom line outcome. It has been anything but easy to have come this far and be at the point where you are! Every day that you do anything, whether it is exercise or just keeping up with life is a win for you. You are a trooper indeed!

@Deeder522, here you go again to complete and close those rings again this month! You will conquer those rings once again! Go you!

Welcome @balbo13 . I am glad that you joined the group, and are going to be joining the August challenge.

texasgardnr 🀠🌺
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    I've worked up to 30 minutes once a day and then usually a bonus 10-30 minutes second walk. But my 30 minutes is not only longer than it was earlier in the month my pace is really picking up and I'm walking over a mile in that time! So I'm excited to say that I am feeling a lot better and I'm sleeping well this week and eating well and looking forward to staying healthy and losing a few final vanity pounds this fall. My goal over the next 3 months is to work up to 3-5 continuous miles in a session. It's hard to believe that used to be my norm and how many days I chose to be lazy and took the ability to do it for granted. Not allowed to lift until fall starts but looking forward to starting with light weights then!

But, onwards and forward, hopefully I'll never take the ability to walk and carry my little weights for granted again. See you all in August walking group!!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @mypinkbikini you are doing incredibly well with increasing your workouts. I truly understand the taking our abilities and levels of fitness for granted.

My goal this month was to continue doing intentional exercise and walking as I am able, and activities such as yard/garden πŸ› or other tasks to purposefully increase my activity again. With the triple digit temperatures, actual outside work has been pretty minimal except for some needed tidy up activities, but I don't count the easy things like that. But I do those things to keep active and moving, and get out in the early morning sunshine.

I am not going to list my activities day by day for July as they were often the same. During July I averaged 45 deliberate minutes a day, using the Gazelle, rebounder and walking around inside the house or in Walmart before grocery shopping. Six times I walked on our cul-de-sac very early in the morning as part of the daily minutes. (That was one more time than I accomplished in June)
    I do things to ensure that I don't sit for long periods of time, or to add in moving/steps such as bringing the laundry inside from the line one or two pieces at a time forcing extra walking back and forth, instead of the full basket just one time, for instance.
    I take a rest day every Sunday and if need be I take an additional lighter day if I'm hurting or having difficulty.

Well done everyone! I'll peek in here tomorrow/ Monday to see how we are ending the month.

texasgardnr 🀠🌺

• Americanbabydoll
    Options

Totals: 156,886 steps / 77.92 miles