Hello

Love the name of the group. I’m looking for walking buddies. Friends to help push me on my journey.

Replies

• Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    edited June 2022
    Like the name of the group too.
    Starting Friday
    Hoping for the sunshine
  • SherylTG
    SherylTG Posts: 3 Member
    I started walking 1 mile every day 7 days ago, my goal was to add it on top of what normal walking I do with work and everyday home life. I did good 6 of the seven days. I was beat yesterday and only did a quarter mile on top of all the other steps I took. Today is a new day ☀️
    I am new to the communities aspect of this app. Hello all. I would like to encourage and walk with you even if it is virtual.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    edited June 2022
    @SherylTG @raydinhawk9753
    Wondering when you folks are going to walk, where and how long it will take you.

I’m actually going to walk from home to church and back each dry morning and do half an hour of flower border weeding before breakfast with mum. My first hour of exercise of the day with functional exercise included.
    If I walk that mile each day it is the equivalent of home to Edinburgh in 31 days.
    I have a dreadmill for the rainy days
  • SherylTG
    SherylTG Posts: 3 Member
    I walk on our property. The front half is fenced to keep the animals in and it is .25 miles one trip around the fence line, I do four loops. In fact I just finished. I live in a rural area, not safe to walk on the road.
  • JuliaGirl132
    JuliaGirl132 Posts: 91 Member
    4 loops around my apartment complex is 1 mile. I also have parks nearby where I can walk.
  • MrsSeeHer
    MrsSeeHer Posts: 3 Member
    I walk to a destination in my neighborhood, then back. I go as early in the day as I can to avoid the heat and the traffic. It was 93 today in the Chicago suburbs...

I need walking buddies, too! Thank you! :)