Options
1235»

Replies

• Mango1960
    Mango1960 Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Denise Your Team? Red Hot Chili Steppers
    Your Approximate Location: Suburb of Mpls, Minnesota
    What is your favorite summer activity? Enjoying being outside.
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? I love playing games on computer, board games or card games. Reading, travel and dabbling into indoor plants (seeing if I can keep them alive)
    Your favorite exercise? strength training, walking or indoor biking.
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? I want to lose my 5%.
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Eat better and increase my daily steps.
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? WW and higher protein
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? That I am still alive!
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? That I do not have to be perfect. I need to stop being an all or nothing girl. If I have a bad day, immediately work on making the next meal a healthier one!
    2 random fun facts about you? I am a nurse and am currently retired.
  • mlkdud
    mlkdud Posts: 149 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Brandi or mlkdud
    Your Team? Thinner winners
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Texas panhandle
    What is your favorite summer activity? Swimming
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Knitting, needle punching, reading
    Your favorite exercise? Walking, swimming
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Actually hit 5% this time
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Being able to walk longer than 20 min at a time
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Mediterranean
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Managing my diabetes
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Staying consistent, exercising for even 10 min a day
    2 random fun facts about you? I’ve been on MTV, my lucky number is 13 (after years of being afraid of that number!)
  • TERMITEMOM2021
    TERMITEMOM2021 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Your Team? Veronique - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Northern Virginia, DC suburbs
    What is your favorite summer activity? none, I HATE summers!
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? reading, listening to classical music
    Your favorite exercise? hiking
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? slowly regain my mobility (recovering from back surgery)
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? smaller size clothes
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? low carb/Mediterranean
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? recovering from several joint replacements
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? starting slowly but consistently
    2 random fun facts about you?
    Post a picture of yourself if you like.
    Anything else you would like to share?
  • epivan
    epivan Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Elisa
    Your Team? Mission Slimpossible
    Your Approximate Location: High Desert, SoCal
    What is your favorite summer activity? Hiking
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Motorcycle, camping
    Your favorite exercise? Cycling, circuit training
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Maintain weight loss
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Cycling mileage and 6-Pack of Peaks Challenge
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Zone macros and calorie cycling
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Meeting weight loss goals
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Fad diets never work
    2 random fun facts about you? I wrote a book. I cycled over 2200 miles last year.
    September 2018 vs. June 2022
    ty3d65d6v1ga.jpeg

Anything else you would like to share? I really appreciate the support and accountability of the 5% Challenge!
  • ohnogoldens
    ohnogoldens Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Serena
    Your Team?Tenacious gr8ters
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. Helena, Montana
    What is your favorite summer activity? hiking
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies?Hiking, travel, remodel, garden, read, horses, dogs
    Your favorite exercise? farm work and hiking
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? lose 6 lbs
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? get back in shape by working out
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? mostly Nutrisystem since I am fixing up a fixer house and the kitchen is a disaster
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Hiking 105 miles between villages in the highlands of Scotland
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? just knowing I can do anything I set my mind to.
    2 random fun facts about you? I raised golden retrievers and will be starting that again next year. I retired last year and just moved to Montana and went back to work for the VA--Beginning all over!
    Post a picture of yourself if you like. it's there with my twin grand kids
    Anything else you would like to share? This summer challenge I intend to be consistent now that I am out of a very bad situation.
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 645 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Name: Evelyn, Red Hot Chili Steppers

Approximate Location: Lake Superior, Gulf of Mexico SW Florida

Favorite summer activity? Waterfront dining and neighborhood and scenic walking. Love Lake Superior and Wisconsin's 15,000+ lakes.

What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Senior center lunches and special events. Small group activities at church (ie: Knit prayer shawls, stitcher's group, mitten ministry, Bible studies)

Your favorite exercise? Walking.

Want to accomplish? 2-3% weight loss would be great. Baby steps!

NSVs: New set of measurements (Last done April 14)

Basic plan: WW, 5% Challenges and healthy living habits, and Volumetrics.

Sense of pride: Lost 100 pounds.

Advice: Participate fully in these challenges. Ask questions. Share.

Two random facts: Designed four stained glass windows in the 1980s for my church (completed one by myself). I love God's word and being part of His people.

Will post photos on our private team page. A caution to our members: there have been several men who troll for new female friends. Will make sure my friends are 5% team members.

Have a great challenge. May you find joy in your accomplishments. Hug, hug!
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    Nane- Paulette
    Approximate Favorite Summer activities-Gardening, walking, paddleboarding, swimming, sittingoutinthecoolerweathefintheeveningwithfamilyorfriends.
    My favorite exercise- Yoga
    Want to accomplish during this 5% challenge Iwould like to lose my 5%..
    What NSV will you accomplish this summer- Iamworkingonhavingbetterbalance.
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following- Don't know if it as a name , more protein and fiber, less fat and salt, lots of veggies and fruits.
    What are your proudest health, fitness/physical achievements- I have loss over 50lbs, gotten stronger, have better endurance and learned how to paddle board.
    Sense of pride- Ifeel more in control of my life, making changes that I can live with forever.
    Advice- Make the commitment and follow through no matter how you feel, I don’t mean if you are sick, other than sickness or a funeral we can always find time to exercise and eat well, be prepared, do the work.

• marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Cherry Your Team? Red Hot Chili Steppers (RHCS)
    Your Approximate Location: I live in Sharon Hill PA 1/2 mile from SW Philly
    What is your favorite summer activity? Walking in the morning before it get TOO HOT
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? Play games on the computer, bake, make recipes healthy
    Your favorite exercise? walking
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? Lose weight
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Fitting in clothes I can’t now, cut back on chips
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? Mine just eating healthy
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Walking 4 miles no rest
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? none
    2 random fun facts about you? Supposed to be retired at daughter’s house by 8am mon-fri. work 20-28 hrs every weekend
    Anything else you would like to share? I’m for the downtrodden, can’t stop helping people

9o5cxwkuc94w.jpg

• hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Plz Introduce yourself to your teammates here. Let's introduce ourselves and meet our teammates. Plz copy/paste this template. Thank you.

What is your name or nickname? Your Team? Heidi (hicim705). Team: 🌶️Red Hot Chili Steppers (RHCS)🌶️ ✈️I'm a member of the Flight Crew✈️ and a proud 🌶️RHCS Captain🌶️

Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country: New Jersey, USA. A small town in the western part of NJ 'where everyone knows your name' ~ I'm about 1/2 hour from the Crayola Factory in PA.

What is your favorite summer activity? Longer days; slower pace. I like the warmer weather but would be very happy if it stayed in the 80's without humidity, sadly-I rarely get my wish!

What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? I love musical theatree and am often seen performing in local community theatre. My DD, DSIL and I are currently rehearsing for 'Guys & Dolls' which will be performed at the end of July. It really is nice to be able to be back on stage after the hiatus caused by the pandemic.

Your favorite exercise? Favorite and exercise don't really mix well in my world. I always **USED** to say that I don't like to exercise because I don't like to sweat. I guess things have changed because I do love to walk, especially if the weather is nice enough for me to get outside and walk around my little town. If the weather doesn't cooperate, I rely on YouTube videos and/or Leslie Sansone DVD's to help me move.

What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? I want to get back 'on the wagon' and get more serious about leading a healthy lifestyle and being able to say that I'm a little lighter at the end of the Challenge than I am today.

What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? Getting back into a routine when it comes to my health/healthy eating. Consistency is key. Why is it so easy to forget that and so difficult to get back into a routine once again?

What diet/meal plan/style are you following?Trying to eat healthier by incorporating more fruits and vegetables; portion control. Nothing specific, just some common sense and putting into practice once again things that I already know and concentrating on consistency.

What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Finding the 5% Challenges and becoming a leader. Getting down to my goal (even though it didn't last as eveidenced by the fact that I need to get there once again). Having 5% Challnege members thank me for leading the team and offering support when I can.

What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? I'm still 'always a work in progress'. Before I can answer that question, I think I need to find out what works for me.

2 random fun facts about you? I have DD that got married TWICE during a pandemic. I don't know if that is 'fun' or 'sad' but it is a fact, but a fun fact is that I did become a MIL! When I was younger, I was a travel agent and went on a 3 day cruise that cost me less than $20 out of pocket between airfare/port taxes.

Post a picture of yourself if you like. Can't think of a good one right now. Perhaps I'll get one or two from the show and can post at a later date, iif I remember.

Anything else you would like to share?I can't beleive that I never filled this out way back when I joined the 2022 5% Challenge Community Team. It was an oversight, for sure. I'm glad that it was part of the pre-Challenge activities. Although I started them late, I know that going through these exercises gets me in the proper frame of mind so that I WILL have success in the 2022 Summer 5% Challenge!
    Heidi (hicim705)
    2022 Summer 5% Challenge
    Overall Co-Leader, 2022 Summer 5% Challenge hosted on MFP
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    What is your name or nickname? Nancy
    Your Team: Mission Slimpossible
    Your Approximate Location: big city near you, province or state, country. St. Louis, MO
    What is your favorite summer activity? water walking, being lazy at the pool; gardening
    What do you like to do for fun, interests, hobbies? I’m a vocalist/musician so I love performing or listening to others perform. I have been getting into gardening these days - I love it!
    Your favorite exercise? I’m allergic to exercise. But I do love water aerobics! 😆
    What do you want to accomplish this 5% season? I really want to kickstart my weight loss and learn to be more accountable.
    What non-scale victories (NSVs) will you accomplish this summer? I am purging and reorganizing the first floor of my house. I hope to have it completed by mid August.
    What diet/meal plan/style are you following? I am eating mostly whole foods and limiting my sugar and carbs. I’m tracking on MFP.
    What are your proudest health/fitness/physical achievements? Today I fit into some jeans. I haven’t worn jeans in 15 years!
    What health/fitness advice/knowledge has helped you? Being recently diagnosed as diabetic has opened my eyes to how diet affects blood sugar.
    2 random fun facts about you? 1. My music students are going to Italy in the spring to sing for the Pope. 2. I live in brown recluse spider territory and I’m PETRIFIED of spiders!

Anything else you would like to share? Thank you for letting me join this challenge! As soon as I figure it all out I’ll participate
    more!