Countdown Activity 5 - Win Today Checklist

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,236 Member
edited July 2022 in Social Groups
Are you frustrated with your weight loss? Are you random on how you get things done? Does time get away from you, workouts get missed and meals are sketchy? Change it up!

Plan for a successful and productive week. Get rid of the time wasters, bad habits, your rut. Today start on your path to fitness and weight loss. Set the goals YOU NEED for a successful day, then create the daily routine that will get you there. This healthy new daily routine will bring you the success you desire.

You choose how your day will go, with a routine you do over and over again, eventually making it a habit. Once it is a habit, you do not need to consciously think about it to act. You do not let things slip, and you save time by not having to decide what to do with your day. End the day knowing you followed your routine and are taking the right steps to achieve your goals.

With the change of season, it is easier to make lifestyle changes. What goals and plans will make it a happy and healthy season? To get started detail what you actually do each day; be precise with how much time you spend with each activity. Then organize and list what activities will be a better use your time, and work towards your goals.

Remind yourself often 'do what you should do, when you should do', no procrastination. Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow.

'Discipline is choosing between what you want most now and what you want most' - Abraham Lincoln.

Motivation is what get you started, habit is what keeps you going.

I will post my checklist in a post below. Please post yours too.

If you are catching up on Countdown Activities, here are the links.

Countdown Activity 1- Information & Blog https://bit.ly/3NA5M7t

Countdown Activity 2 - Exercise https://bit.ly/3NE1wU9

Countdown Activity 3 - Healthy Eating & Nutrition Plan https://bit.ly/3ugJrVo

Countdown Activity 4 - Introduce Yourself https://bit.ly/3OXeXj5

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,252 Member
    Options
    Goals: Take care of my health ABOVE MY DESIRES!! They contradict each other greatly!! BODY FIRST in health. To lose 5 to 7 lbs (though to hit my 5% of 8.5 would be OKAY TOO!)

Routine:

Daily when I wake up I write down on a piece of paper (I was using my phone, but found this is more productive) ONE BIG THING I want to get done today (sometimes I list 2 or 3 if they are smaller things)

Exercise: What type of exercise I wish to do, the amount of time it'll take, when will I do it.
    These vary from day to day. Many may not know I am dealing with a foot infection that has NO DESIRE to leave my body, though I WANT it evicted. SIGH it's that time in history where evictions are just not easy be it bad tenants or health issues.

I break down the exercise, in "general" it'll have on days of UGH maybe 10 mins total of walking, which can be a run to the trash chute which takes 4 mins, combined with 6 mins of ST/Stretches. Later on 10 to 20 mins of stretches. I WANT to add in ST more (TY TY TY TY @Eclipsedagain for your encouragement!) I am going to UP the game, with sit down chair exercises, I'll slowly build this up.
    GOAL is at least 30 mins a day. I LOVE earning my badge!
    o1tt0wyi088k.jpg

Food?

WELL my "diet" isn't really a "die"t. It's a lifestyle, I always eat on the whim "What do I feel like?" BUT I always keep in mind, Calories In / Calories OUT (Which are very low right now). Today I did AMAZING!! I ALSO need to be Low sodium which means I've learned to COOK!! NO FIRES even!! LOLOLOL though the fire department knew me well at one time.

Mindset/Emotions: I EAT TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO EAT! "I can do this, it's not easy, but I can either make wise choices now, or later on I'll be so much sicker and be FORCED to do so." I also have CHF (Congestive Heart Failure). I WANT TO LIVE long enough that my face hurts from laughter and JOY. In life so many things can bring us down, but by being positive we can counteract those. It's NOT that I am not in pain (sometimes horrendous though stretching helps so much) It's that I won't focus on the pain (though I DO respect it), there are still things on a horrid day I can do to smile. Today a friend who's very witty and went back and forth when she was over. We were laughing so hard. Where the mind goes, makes it easier on the body.
  • EclipsedAgain
    EclipsedAgain Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 let me know if you want/need any ideas!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,727 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Goals
    Get brain away from junk food. Get scale in right direction.

My day
    Hygiene/Breakfast/morning dishes/walk dog etc
    Exercise
    Laundry and Mfp time
    Watch news for a few
    Lunch
    “Paperwork” and duolingo
    Squats abs jumping jacks
    Walk dog
    Dinner
    Figure out if more time in day
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,076 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Goals
    • maintain my weight as I firm up the flab around my middle
    • strengthen my legs so I can walk again
    • maintain my upper body strength
    Routine
    • I’m almost always up at 4 (5 at the latest)
    • I begin with a candle or incense and meditation (with a cup of coffee and Belvita)
    • I write for a couple of hours while my brain is fresh.
    • Vitamins with a protein shake
    • Reading
    • Gym (2-3 times a week)
    • Errands while I’m out and/or doctor appointments
    • Lunch (biggest meal of the day)
    • Short nap if needed
    • Creative activities around the house
    • Pool for water aerobics or exercises at home
    • Walk as often as I can, even though I use a walker
    • More reading or writing
    • Light evening meal
    • Bed and reading
    • Sleep by 8 or 9
    Exercise
    • My trainer has certain areas she works on
    • I continue these when I go to the gym on my own
    • At home, I exercise using qi gong, tai chi, or yoga videos
    Food
    • I feel better and blood work is better when I eat LC/HF (check out dietdoctor.com)
    • I’m vegetarian, so LC/HF doesn’t require meats
    Mindset/emotions
    • At almost 88 (and finally retired) I do whatever it takes to keep my brain and intellect strong
    • I am an extreme introvert, so I make it a priority to meet with friends at least twice a week
    • When I begin to feel “down” I either read or write for a better attitude (it works)
    • A scheduled text/chat with all four of my adult children twice a week at the same time from wherever they are. (Chatting like this helps all of us stay connected and it’s a way to let them know I’m alive and well. My kids call it "family time.")
  • Sheila7631
    Sheila7631 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Goals - lose weight and be more fit. Lose 0.5 pound week. Daily 7,000 steps minimum a day and fitness classes (45 Min) 3-4 times a week. Walk for 30 min. 4 days a week. A fit on class 2 times a week. 7 hours sleep. Food Diary record.

Daily Routine

Get Up between 5- 5:30 AM weekdays/ by 7 weekends
    Breakfast & coffee
    Make lunch, fill water bottle
    Plan dinner
    Daily weigh in to monitor weight trend
    Shower, hair, dress, sunscreen/makeup
    Make bed, tidy bedroom, 5 min clean
    Drive to work 7:30-8:30am
    Work
    Lunch time walk
    8-10 glasses of water
    Food Diary
    3 Meals a Day, fruit/ veggie snacks
    Drive to class/ home 5-5:30pm
    Fitness class 6-7pm
    Dinner 6-8:30pm
    Time with family/friends on phone/visit
    watch TV
    Bedtime routine
    Lights out 10:30-11 PM

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    Goals for a successful day:
    - Lose .2 to .3 pounds
    - Drink a minimum of 96 ounces of water
    - Stay within calorie range
    - Exercise 30 min (M-F)/Steps > 7000

Routine - Mon - Fri

5:15 Wake up 5:15, Jump on scale (pre-weigh in)
    5:30 30 - 40 minutes on the treadmill or walk outside (new)
    6:15 Feed Dog/Take Dog Out/Empty or Load Dishwasher
    6:30 Official Weigh in, Shower Get dressed for work
    7:00 Gather Breakfast and Lunch
    7:15 Drive to work (40 min) and consume 32 ounces of water in route
    8:00 Eat Breakfast & track it
    9:00 Work
    9:30 Check MFP/Groups/Blogs/email etc
    10:30 More Work, Eat a piece of fruit (sometimes) & track it
    11:30 Check MFP/Groups/Blogs/email etc
    12:30 Eat my Lunch & track it and consumer 32 ounces of water
    1:15 More Work - Do Wordle
    2:15 More Work
    3:15 More Work
    4:30 Drive Home (40 min)and consume 32 ounces of water in route
    5:00 Occasional Store stop for fresh fruits and veggies
    5:30 Feed Dog/Take Dog Out
    6:00 Cook /Eat Dinner & track it
    6:30 Watch Jeopardy or other game show(s)
    7:00 Prepare lunch usually from dinner leftovers
    7:30 Pre Track in App (sometimes)
    8:00 Check Meal plan for next day (take out of freezer)
    8:30 Play games on phone
    9:00 Check Social Media
    9:30 Bed time - 9:30pm

Routine - Sat - Sun (Typical)
    6:00 Wake up, Jump on scale (pre-weigh in)
    6:15 Feed Dog/Take Dog Out/Empty or Load Dishwasher
    7:00 Check MFP/Groups/Blogs/email/game status etc
    7:30 Outside walk - working to get to 3 miles (1 hour) (new)
    8:30 Official Weigh in, Shower Get dressed
    9:00 Coffee Then 32 ounces of water with Breakfast (Track it)
    9:30 Chores - Cleaning - Laundry
    11:30 Go Shopping (Sunday)
    12:00 Drink 16 ounces of water
    12:30 Catch up on bills/emails
    1:00 Check MFP/Groups/Blogs/email/game status etc
    1:30 Drink 32 ounces of water
    2:00 Plan 7 days of meals - Pre Track in App
    2:30 Eat a piece of fruit (sometimes) & track it
    4:00 Feed Dog/Take Dog Out
    4:30 Drink 16 ounces of water
    5:00 Cook /Eat Dinner & track it
    6:00 Check Meal plan for next day (take out of freezer)
    6:30 Play games online/watch TV
    7:00 Spend time with husband/Family
    8:00 Spend time with husband/Family
    9:00 Spend time with husband/Family
    10:00 Bed time -10:00 pm

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Goals
    • lose 5 pounds as I firm up the flab around my middle
    • improve my lower and upper body strength

Routine
    • I’m almost always up at 9 am
    • I begin with a cup of herbal tea and some prayers.
    • I have breakfast.
    • Then i have a multivitamin with a glass of water.
    • Reading for 20 minutes
    • i go for a 30 minute walk.
    • Lunch (biggest meal of the day)
    • Short nap if needed
    • then i do a strength training workout( 3 times a week)
    • i go for another 30 minute walk
    I take a break and drink more water.
    • Then i dance for about 60 minutes.
    • Bed and reading
    • Sleep by 10 or 11 m.
    Exercise
    • strength training videos 3 times a week, walking every day, dancing every day. yoga once a week.
    Food
    • I feel better when i eat healthy, drink water and regularly exercise.
    • I pretty much follow the Mediterranean diet.
    Mindset/emotions
    • At almost 55, I do whatever it takes to keep my brain and body strong and healthy.
    • I am an introvert, so I make it a priority to meet with friends at least twice a week.
    • When I begin to feel low or down, i find that writing or getting in touch with a friend helps me a lot.
    • i keep in touch with my parents pretty much every day. my daughter and i keep in touch every day.
  • epivan
    epivan Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    6 am wake-up
    15-min yoga
    Healthy breakfast
    Work
    Healthy lunch
    Work
    Cycling
    Healthy snack
    Circuits
    Healthy dinner
    Pack breakfast and lunch for following day
    15-min yoga
    10 pm bedtime
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Goals
    Lose 5%
    Become stronger, reduce back pain via yoga and core strengthening
    Plan/log food daily (especially on weekends), with no more than 3 alcohol days weekly
    Work out 6-7 days weekly

Weekday Routine
    6 AM - Up and weigh in (do not hit snooze)
    6-8 AM - Breakfast, tidy house, play with Sport (the cat), MFP and log/plan meals for the day
    8 AM - Yoga 20-30 minutes
    8:30 AM - Log into work (taking a decent lunch break and staying focused and efficient so not working extra hours)
    5:30 PM - Daily workout (stop work on time and start workout no later than 5:30 PM)
    8 PM - Dinner (if cooking, start prep by 7, with dinner ready no later than 8 PM)
    10 PM - Bedtime (no later than 10:30 PM)
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    *Lose 5% of my weight
    *Log food/water every single day
    *Hit 8K steps per day
    *Exercise 120min/week

Daily Routine:
    *3:30 am - Wake Up & Get Ready for Work
    *4:00 am - 7:00 am - Work First Half of Day
    *7:00 am - 7:30 am - Make and Eat Healthy Breakfast
    *7:30 am - 12:30 pm - Work Second Half of Day
    * 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm - Make and Eat Healthy Lunch with family
    * 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm - Educational Activities with my Boys
    * 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm - Declutter/House Chores
    * 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm - Workout (walk/yoga/HIIT/etc)
    * 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm - Fun activities with our boys (aka science projects/library visit/playing outside/etc)
    * 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm - Food prepping for dinner/additional house chores/errands
    * 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Make and Eat Healthy Dinner with family
    * 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Spending family time with husband and children
    * 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Evening Walk/Outside Time/Family Show or Movie Time
    * 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm - Bedtime Routine for all five of us
    * 8:30 pm - SLEEP!!!

YRpPbcw.png
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    Lose 5%
    Set up my meal plans in the MFP food diary ahead of time. I find that I stick to my eating plan better if it's planned out ahead of time instead of just tracking as I go along.
    Cardio 6 days a week
    ST 3 days a week
    Work on my Pull-Up Challenge
    STOP PLAYING CANDY CRUSH SODA SAGA (I can literally spend a couple of hours a day total playing this and it's a serious time-suck and a huge waste of precious hours of my life).

Daily Routine (if I set this up in an hour-by-hour format as I've done for myself in the past, I'll inevitably miss a few things and then feel like I've failed myself, so I'm going to be a little more general here than others have been):
    - Get up between 5 and 6am
    - 20 minutes AM yoga routine
    - eat breakfast, read news (this is when I would normally start my Soda Saga binge)
    - 1/2 hour to hour after breakfast, do cardio workout, shower
    - Since I'm retired my days are pretty open, but these next few weeks I want to focus on finishing up some inside work on the new house (curtains mostly) and then moving outside to the garden areas. Also cook new meals when needed
    - lunch
    - write for two to three hours after lunch
    - ST 3x wk in the afternoon; on non ST days do some additional yoga routines
    - Prep dinner, new or reheat
    - Set up next day's meals in MFP (if not already done)
    - Do some decluttering or organizing
    - 5 minutes or more of meditation to relax before bed
    - To bed to read or watch some tv
    - sleep

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options

Daily Routine:
    *3:30 am - Wake Up & Get Ready for Work

That's an EARLY start of the day!! 😯
  • ohnogoldens
    ohnogoldens Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Goals: To lose 6 lbs in this challenge. To get my health back--I got the Montana crud when I moved here and the cough is just now going.

Routine:
    Up at 0600 and out with the small dogs. Out with the big dogs and feed everyone
    0620 big dogs out after eating and me in the shower and get ready for work
    0645 feed other animals
    0650 coffee and nutrisystem breakfast
    0715 dogs all in their places and head for work
    0730 at work
    This will change when my home office is done and I will be working from home on Monday and Friday

Every day I do write a list of what I can do here to get this fixer fixed. Sometimes I actually get the day's goal done

1600 off work and home.
    1630 Big dogs out of paddock and littles out of house. Feed everyone including the foul.
    1700 feed me
    do yard work and fencing if the rain is absent. Otherwise see below

Relax for a short sit.

1900 paint or do flooring or
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Daily Routine

Monday up at 7am, let Bella out feed her, at Jen’s by 8am, there until she gets home at 5pm. I stay until time to leave for 630-800pm meeting. Home let Bella out a little this in bed by 900, lights out 10pm
    Tuesday-Thursday up at 7am, Bella out feed her, at Jen’s by 8am, there until she gets home at 5pm. Home do a little housework in bed by 900, 10pm lights out
    Friday up by 5am, balance checking account, cook/pack for night or all weekend at work. [Every other weekend I work 28hr so instead of driving home at 1030am Saturday getting home at 11am, in bed by 2pm, up back to work at 1030pm I sleep at work.] In bed by 230pm for work at Jen’s. Grand is almost 12 so he is OK until Jen gets home.
    Saturday mornings I come home I feed Bella, do a bunch of stuff, pack food for work in bed by 2pm, up at 930 at work 1030pm
    Sunday mornings I come home feed Bella, put stuff up, off to 8am Mass. Home and do a bunch of this and that. If it is the 3rd Sunday I have a 2pm 2hr zoom meeting. 4th Sunday with driving 3hr meeting
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,262 Member
    Options
    Goals: To end this Challenge lighter than when I began. The goal is to feel better than I do right now and to have my clothes look/feel better on me. I've been really 'loosey-goosey' lately and not 'paying attention' to things the way I should and I really need to get back to making 'me' a priority.

My Weekday Routine:
    Alarm rings at 515am, out of bed by 530am (even that I have been slacking on and need to get back into that habit once again).
    Coffee; check on computer and do some 5% Challenge-related items/reading/posting, etc.
    Get ready for work
    Work-day ... My typical work day changes depending on if I'm working in the office or working from home. Since the pandemic began, I have the flexibility to work from home, but recently we have been asked to go into the office 3 days/week (sometimes 2 days/week).

After work, I usually go home and eat (DH is retired so he usually cooks & has something ready for me), or I go to my parent's house to visit them or I get home, eat & head to rehearsal. I try to exercise by walking outside when the weather allows or inside, in front of the TV with a YouTube or Leslie Sansone video. If I do go to rehearsal, I usually do that and get home and, at the very least, make sure to get my minimum amount of daily steps in (even if I rack up those steps by walking in front of the TV).

Before bed - back on the computer to check things for the 5% Challenge or catch up on some misc. e-mails and such, check in on FB.

Bed - I try to get into bed somewhere between 10pm-11pm.

My Weekend Routine:
    Kind of depends on the time of year - summertime ... weekends are relatively quiet unless I have to catch up with things at home (cleaning/bills/groceries, etc). I don't have A/C at home so when it gets really hot - I like to just sit and do nothing in the summer. Weekends during the other seasons are many times taken up by rehearsals for any show that I may be involved in and I typically clean the house and do chores as time allows and when I can fit those things in.
    Heidi (hicim705)
    2022 Summer 5% Challenge
    Overall Co-Leader, 2022 Summer 5% Challenge hosted on MFP