Options
Hey there!! So I just joined and I’m not sure if anyone is still active here. My name is Alexandra, I’m currently 4 months postpartum with my second child and I’m starting my fitness journey. I am also breastfeeding and was looking around for information on weight loss while breastfeeding. I hope I meet some other mommas here :)
Tagged:

Replies

• summerdesirae7387
    Options
    Hi, I just joined as well, and was trying to find a group for breastfeeding mothers that is still active. My baby is almost 8 months old, and I'm ready to lose some weight in time for my wedding in June.

I really like this app, especially since it accounts for breastfeeding calories.
  • littlepiggy1998
    littlepiggy1998 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im currently breastfeeding my 9mo old and Im also looking for a group that has moms close to the same stage of motherhood and trying to lose weight while keeping up a decent milk supply 🙃
    Have you found an account for breastfeeding moms thats still active?
  • JBRB1982
    JBRB1982 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, My son is going to be 10 months old on the 10th of February and I am starting to wean him off the feeds. I have been working out steady for the past 22 days. I had gestational diabetes with my second son so I am trying to get myself healthy again. We are planning on starting to try for baby #3 in April and I am praying that I don't have gestational diabetes again. I am looking for motivating friends and common fitness interests. Feel free to add me.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Oh oh are there people here again now!? If so then I'm back, baby!

I'm 8w pp and honestly I need to cut my supply down, I'm having so many issues. Hoping losing weight might help me a bit... before I get mastitis.

Having nursing issues possibly too... its a sh** show over here lol.

And I just want 487 more pitas for supper.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Hi, Im currently breastfeeding my 9mo old and Im also looking for a group that has moms close to the same stage of motherhood and trying to lose weight while keeping up a decent milk supply 🙃
    Have you found an account for breastfeeding moms thats still active?

If there are enough of us now, we could group off into a new one or just keep on coming back here. I haven't found a new active one yet. Been looking for a while.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Anyone coming back? Lol.
  • katrose1985
    katrose1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey hey!
    I’m 8 weeks post partum with baby number two! I’m breastfeeding and here to make sure I’m eating healthy AND enough while being active and slowly losing the baby weight! Feel free to add me I’m a great cheer leader!
  • monicauebbing7
    monicauebbing7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

There are a few of us around here. I think it's nice to have a small group anyway so then we can really get to know each other. I have used MFP with my other two weight loss journeys after baby #1 and baby #2, here I am with baby #3, 3 months PP.
    I've finally got some motivation to try and lose some weight. I'm exclusively breastfeeding and unless I track what I eat , it's never coming off because I'm just always hungry so I eat!! because baby boy is always eating! lol I read somewhere to not dip below 1800 calories to not lose supply. I think that might work if I'm also exercising some or account for steps during the day.

Anyway, I'll try to add y'all and make friends to motivate. Maybe some of you are where you want to be by now, but I'll definitely be here through the summer I imagine.

I started off pre pregnancy around 138, and at 41 weeks was up to 163lbs. Then at 6 weeks PP, down to 152 lbs.
    I'm right at 149 lbs now and looking to lose the last ten.
    I'm trying out Noom, but my free trial is up around May 15th so ill switch to here exclusively after that.
  • VeryKatie
    edited July 2022
    Options
    hi! im also needing to lose 10-20 after baby 3 who is 6m old. i keep pushing it off.. but shes starting solids now so if im going to be cooking better for her then i may as well cook for eveyone. my others are picky so cooking is a struggle.

breastfeeding burns 450 cals a day so if you do 1800 then you need to eat back your exercise calories. if you dont, then youbare actually dipping below 1800. there is a post on this group that outlines how to lose weight pp and what the recommendations are if youre breastfeeding.

personally instart with 2000 and see where that gets me for weight loss after a few weeks then adjust from there. no point suffering by pushing it too far. breastfeeding hunger is hard enough lol.

im having bad baby fever and i dont knkw why. gah my LO is only 6m old!
    looks like she may be allergic to somwthing too. cinnamon maybe. cauliflower maybe.

i was able to get my baby breastfeeding properly around 9 weeks and my supply finally balanced. so at least im good on that front and done with exclusively pumping.